No announcement yet.

2021 Non-WSU NCAA Tournament Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reaves is not an NBA PG. The real question is whether he's a good enough shooter to play the 2. He has the size and good passing ability. I kinda think he'll find a spot somewhere.

Comment

• Anyone else find it funny that UCLA is the “Cinderella” of this Final 4? This is the same program that ran Howland out of town because back-to-back Final 4 years weren’t good enough for them. And continued the elitist and out of touch behavior further by proudly declaring “Only championship banners get hung at UCLA not just Final 4s.” Really awesome statement to put on paper and perhaps tout at a fundraiser but to openly devalue their own players accomplishments because Howland isn’t Wooden is one of the many reasons that program has struggled to keep the mythical blue blood status they love so much having attached to them.
      I think Cronin is a heck of a coach and happy for him get some national recognition especially concerning Cincy didn’t really seem to fight to keep him. “Only makes the tournament but never wins games.” Was the commentary as he left. Now it will be “Doesn’t get us to championship game enough” a few years down the road? This is common circle all programs fall into when they have success but not the ultimate success. It’s just seems like UCLA has a quicker trigger than most while still holding on to the past.
      Anyways, just think it’s interesting how the narrative around their accomplishments has changed in the last ten years.
      Really don’t know what it means except maybe enjoy the ride a little more, fans because it can end quick and the next thing you know you were disgruntled fan the whole time your team had a window of success...
      If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• This is very close to a win-win final four. Gonzaga? great. UCLA? Go Mick. Cinci was stupid for treating him like that. Houston? too much good here to list. Baylor? Screw the B12.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
          This is very close to a win-win final four. Gonzaga? great. UCLA? Go Mick. Cinci was stupid for treating him like that. Houston? too much good here to list. Baylor? Screw the B12.
          No Big 10, ACC or SEC either.

Comment

This is very close to a win-win final four. Gonzaga? great. UCLA? Go Mick. Cinci was stupid for treating him like that. Houston? too much good here to list. Baylor? Screw the B12.
            Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

No Big 10, ACC or SEC either.
            While I totally agree with the Big 10 and ACC and I may have my dislikes for other "power" conference teams, for the most part, I'm not going to dislike the Big 12 in general. It just happens to be where the Beakers resides (and another team, but I can't think of their name right now). Baylor, OU, and OSU have all done us a good turn. The SEC is at least playing our conference some games each year and having the opportunity and winning at Ole Miss was a plus.

The Pac-10 usually doesn't work out well with 2 time zone changes, but I wouldn't mind a H&H series with Colorado. I'd bet there are a few Big East teams that would consider H&H, maybe Butler, Xavier, or Marquette.

Comment

• I remember talking to a Xavier alumnus in Orlando in 2015.

Him and the other fans he knew and travels with were very impressed with our team (not so much for the start of that season) and fanbase and I believe he said they (boosters) were going to talk to their AD about setting up a series WSU.

Too bad nothing ever came of that.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                I remember talking to a Xavier alumnus in Orlando in 2015.

Him and the other fans he knew and travels with were very impressed with our team (not so much for the start of that season) and fanbase and I believe he said they (boosters) were going to talk to their AD about setting up a series WSU.

I just don’t understand why an AD wouldn’t respond to emails from fans. Baffling.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I just don’t understand why an AD wouldn’t respond to emails from fans. Baffling.
                  The cold weather in Alaska appears to have damaged your reading comprehension; please re-read his post and you will discover you have drawn several poorly conceived conclusions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

The cold weather in Alaska appears to have damaged your reading comprehension; please re-read his post and you will discover you have drawn several poorly conceived conclusions.
                    It appears that those Xavier alums had about as much status and influence with their alma mater as someone like you.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

It appears that those Xavier alums had about as much status and influence with their alma mater as someone like you.
                      Perhaps but in my case I have personal knowledge of what transpired between Golden, Muma and Boatright. In this case no one on this board knows if the Xavier AD was contacted and if he was contacted, how he responded to his athletic department's fans.

Comment

Perhaps but in my case I have personal knowledge of what transpired between Golden, Muma and Boatright. In this case no one on this board knows if the Xavier AD was contacted and if he was contacted, how he responded to his athletic department's fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                          I remember talking to a Xavier alumnus in Orlando in 2015.

I think Xavier might owe us a home game. We played at XU during the Cohen years. We lost, of course, but I don't remember if it was ugly. That was during XU ascendency.

Comment

Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I’m hoping UCLA upsets the Zags and keeps up its cinderella run! Would also like to see a Houston win. UCLA vs Houston for the ship would be entertaining!
                              Shocker Alumni
                              Shocker Club Soccer alumni
                              Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

• Baylor making everything from outside. Houston playing good defense so it should even out. I hope.
                                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Working...
                                X