No announcement yet.

2021 Non-WSU NCAA Tournament Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love it. THE VALLEY OF DEATH.. You can bet Porter Mosier and Loyola does not have any top 100 4* or 5* players on their team. All this talk that Coach IB need to sign these type of players to maintain WSU winning ways is just stupid. It would be good if he did sign such players, but it is not necessary. Love the point guard for Loyola. He is so under control. Basketball IQ is underrated.

Comment

• Loyola following the WSU route (kinda). Unlikely final four, then a couple years later, secure a Sweet 16 with a win a 13 pt win over in state "big brother".

Just missed on the whole undefeated season with a 1 seed in the middle lol

Comment

• Loyola hasn’t been bitten by the transfer bug which has led to continuity.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Loyola hasn’t been bitten by the transfer bug which has led to continuity.
          That coupled with experience. Huge pluses.
          The Assman

Comment

• This game revealed lot for Shockers to take to heart...LU is WELL coached (much like Gonzaga). They play disciplined team basketball...great passing...GREAT defense...under control...FUNDAMENTALS. And notice how Illinois played...at many times, when watching the point guard play out of control and with so many turnovers, I thought I was watching AG. Defense, discipline, fundamentals...always win.

Comment

• AND, they have Krutwig. A big man that can score, rebound, AND make point guard like passes is the kiss of death for most teams to handle. He just causes problems for "athletes" who have only learned to rely on their height, wingspan and jumping ability.

Comment

• Krutwig is a good example of someone who can rebound without great athleticism. He just boxes out and goes after the ball. 12 rebounds against a far bigger guy.
                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                  I love it. THE VALLEY OF DEATH.. You can bet Porter Mosier and Loyola does not have any top 100 4* or 5* players on their team. All this talk that Coach IB need to sign these type of players to maintain WSU winning ways is just stupid. It would be good if he did sign such players, but it is not necessary. Love the point guard for Loyola. He is so under control. Basketball IQ is underrated.
                  For many players it seems basketball ball IQ went out the window back in the day when the "dunk contest" was invented and/or when ESPN's Top-10 plays was invented. Lol

FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Baylor is looking good. They make shots.

Comment

• When are they gonna realize how overrated the Big 10 is?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                        When are they gonna realize how overrated the Big 10 is?
                        Never. You’ve got Chicago, DC, Detroit, NYC, Minneapolis, Columbus, and Pennsylvania interest. MONEY, MONEY, MONEY.

Comment

• If it happens, a Houston-Loyola matchup would be fascinating.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post
                            Baylor is looking good. They make shots.
                            Besides the fact I am odd, could someone explain to me why I kind of like Baylor?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Besides the fact I am odd, could someone explain to me why I kind of like Baylor?
                              They play hard and tough. Not cocky. Play some good looking basketball. Coach is easy to not hate.

Also, they are willing to play H/H with WSU, so that helps ;)
                              The Assman

Comment

• Another team from the “best” conference goes home. Love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X