2021 Non-WSU NCAA Tournament Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

They play hard and tough. Not cocky. Play some good looking basketball. Coach is easy to not hate.

Also, they are willing to play H/H with WSU, so that helps ;)
    100% agree... Drew gained my respect by playing that series... hope we get another series scheduled.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Cuse always does this BS....

Struggle in the ACC. Back their way into the tournament. Play against teams that never see their defense. Win a couple games.
      Last edited by Shock Top; March 21, 2021, 05:05 PM.
      The Assman

Comment

Cuse always doesn’t this BS....

Struggle in the ACC. Back into the tournament. Play against teams that never see their defense. Win a couple games.
        Like clockwork

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
          This game revealed lot for Shockers to take to heart...LU is WELL coached (much like Gonzaga). They play disciplined team basketball...great passing...GREAT defense...under control...FUNDAMENTALS. And notice how Illinois played...at many times, when watching the point guard play out of control and with so many turnovers, I thought I was watching AG. Defense, discipline, fundamentals...always win.
          interesting. In other words, the difference is good coaching.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

interesting. In other words, the difference is good coaching.
            ...or NOT running a "dinasour" offensive system. Gregg's words...not mine.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
              Loyola is such a WELL COACHED smart team. They play through their center on just about every
              possession, take care of the ball and really REALLY move their feet well laterally on defense
              keeping their men in front of them and not allowing drives. Fun game to watch. Rooting for them !
              I remember when WSU played like this. Been a while. Would love to get back to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post

I remember when WSU played like this. Been a while. Would love to get back to it.
                Yep. Been since Ron and Fred that the team played disciplined ball. Shaq and Landry were soft and lazy, didn’t want to put the work in on defense and thought they knew better than Gregg. It worked one year. After that he recruited dawgs to compete in the AAC and found himself with a bunch of sniveling prima donnas. After realizing he didn’t like that, they went and got this group. Slightly underwhelming to the eye test, but tough as nails. With Gregg, and if they would have bought in, we would still be playing.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Tough game for FSJB so far.
                  The Assman

Comment

Tough game for FSJB so far.
                    Lol yeah gets in the game and promptly makes a boneheaded over and back. Gets pulled.

Comment

• Sampson sucks. Can’t even create an offense for them to score. If I was Houston, I’d be looking for a new coach!!

Comment

Tough game for FSJB so far.
                        He just doesn’t mesh with TT when I have watched them play.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                          Sampson sucks. Can’t even create an offense for them to score. If I was Houston, I’d be looking for a new coach!!
                          Ok Aargh Jr.

Comment

• Houston is really struggling in the first half. Rutgers matching their defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              Houston is really struggling in the first half. Rutgers matching their defense.
                              Please don’t bring clearheaded basketball talk into here unless you can somehow bash a coach or two along the way...

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Ok Aargh Jr.
                                Sarcasm, anyone??

Comment

Working...
                                X