2021 Non-WSU NCAA Tournament Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    So far in the Colgate-Arkansas game, we're seeing the difference between making shots and missing shots. That may change as Arkansas' speed and athleticism catches up to Colgate's passing and shooting. But it highlights a big reason why we lost. Have. To. Make. Shots.
    Drake outrebounded us too. Dexter, CJ, and Trey Wade all showed up on the boards with 7 each (CJ only played 14 minutes). Mo had 4 rebounds in 35 minutes. That should be an embarrassment to him, and he was outrebounded by his opposing Center (Brodie) by a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Drake outrebounded us too. Dexter, CJ, and Trey Wade all showed up on the boards with 7 each (CJ only played 14 minutes). Mo had 4 rebounds in 35 minutes. That should be an embarrassment to him, and he was outrebounded by his opposing Center (Brodie) by a lot.
      Did you watch the game ? I felt horrible for MO. He often had two players hooking on holding on rebounds

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
        Colgate up 14. Maybe the NET knew what it was talking about after all
        Ark back to within 1 point now.

Comment

Jaime averaged 9 and 6 at JUCO. He was not a featured player and other than height, had nothing that would lead any coach to believe he could do more at a higher level. - it’s usually the other way around. With big guys, it’s a gamble whether they are rated or not. Cisse for Memphis was billed as a one and done and the dude has no offense outside of a dunk. That said, I’m all for bringing in a tall JUCO kid that can block shots and dunk.

Comment

Burton in the game for Tech. Must be back from his injury. Utah State up 10-9.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Jaime averaged 9 and 6 at JUCO. He was not a featured player and other than height, had nothing that would lead any coach to believe he could do more at a higher level. - it’s usually the other way around. With big guys, it’s a gamble whether they are rated or not. Cisse for Memphis was billed as a one and done and the dude has no offense outside of a dunk. That said, I’m all for bringing in a tall JUCO kid that can block shots and dunk.
              If I recall, Jaime played alongside another good big man at his Juco and so he wasn't utilized like he would have been if he were the star center. Our coaches could obviously see his upside.

Comment

Oral Bob up 29-25 on Ohio State with 4 to go in the first half.

Comment

If I recall, Jaime played alongside another good big man at his Juco and so he wasn't utilized like he would have been if he were the star center. Our coaches could obviously see his upside.
                  That’s my point. You can’t look at production from a big man in HS or JUCO and predict how they will do at WSU. The obvious 4 and 5 star guys are going P5 for the most part. Finding the next Echenique is tough. Even JE had tons of criticism while he was here - weakest hands in program history was one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

That’s my point. You can’t look at production from a big man in HS or JUCO and predict how they will do at WSU. The obvious 4 and 5 star guys are going P5 for the most part. Finding the next Echenique is tough. Even JE had tons of criticism while he was here - weakest hands in program history was one.
                    Yup. I agree.

It is a hit/miss game with immediate dominant impact big men.

Go ahead, someone give me 1 single stud big man that came in immediately and dominated under Gregg Marshall (JE took a year to develop IIRC although he was still good, but not dominant)....I will wait......
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      Oral Bob up 29-25 on Ohio State with 4 to go in the first half.
                      Abmas tearing up the Buckeyes. 18 already in the 1st half.

Comment

Watching these games again reminds me of how silly the covid protocols are. Everybody has to sit 6 feet from each other but during timeouts everybody is all huddled up giving high-fives to each other. More times than not masks are worn below the nose or not at all and are kept on only when the coaching staff isn't shouting out directions.

It's all political and just for show.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Abmas tearing up the Buckeyes. 18 already in the 1st half.
                          Up 7 with 12 to go now..

Comment

Abmas has gotten blocked about 400 times this second half but Oral Roberts still within 1 possession with 1 min to go.

Comment

To OT we go. 15 seed with a 2 seed!

Comment

Obanor doing lots of Odamage for ORU.

Comment

Working...
                                X