No announcement yet.

NCAA Tournament - WSU vs Drake Pre-Game Predictions and Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh, Andy Enfield can have his fun yuckin it up now. My guess is they will be short lived. I have several SC friends here in socal and that is pretty much par for the course with their attitudes towards anything outside of socal.

Comment

Ken Pom favors Drake 73-71.

Drake on offense doesn't turn the ball over
      They take good high % shots (and don't live by the 3, but they can hit the 3)
      59% of their points come from 2 pt shots
      They are a good offensive rebounding team

WSU on offense takes care of the ball
      WSU lives by the 3 and dies by the 3 (35% of pts come from 3)
      WSU also lives by getting to the FT line (22% of points).
      WSU is a good offensive rebounding team, but Drake is good defensive rebounding team
      Drake is average at sending teams to the FT line.
      Drake is average at forcing turnovers

WSU needs to grow up and do some of the little things that make a difference.

1. Rebound - don't give Drake second chances because they will become Points.

2. Make good decisions and take good shots. WSU wasted to many possession by taking the first low % shot they could find and made some terrible low % passes that became turnovers.

3. Use their athleticism to make Drake uncomfortable. If Drake gets comfortable, it will be a tough fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        Ken Pom favors Drake 73-71.

Drake on offense doesn't turn the ball over
        They take good high % shots (and don't live by the 3, but they can hit the 3)
        59% of their points come from 2 pt shots
        They are a good offensive rebounding team

WSU on offense takes care of the ball
        WSU lives by the 3 and dies by the 3 (35% of pts come from 3)
        WSU also lives by getting to the FT line (22% of points).
        WSU is a good offensive rebounding team, but Drake is good defensive rebounding team
        Drake is average at sending teams to the FT line.
        Drake is average at forcing turnovers

WSU needs to grow up and do some of the little things that make a difference.

1. Rebound - don't give Drake second chances because they will become Points.

2. Make good decisions and take good shots. WSU wasted to many possession by taking the first low % shot they could find and made some terrible low % passes that became turnovers.

3. Use their athleticism to make Drake uncomfortable. If Drake gets comfortable, it will be a tough fight.

About as good of a scout as any.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

#3 - agree big time. our 1/2/3 players need to defend and make their 1/2/3 players very uncomfortable. get up on
          them.

Comment

Our conference's social media folks must not have gotten much sleep last night.

Comment

Perfect match up and one there for the taking.
              Drake is decent, but hasn't played any seriously talented teams all season.
              Whether Hemphill plays is a big factor. Guy can play.

The key in this game is DD. Which one shows up?
              The DD against UH?
              Or...
              Saturdays MIA version?

If they get by Drake, USC will not be any fun. The Mobley bros are bad ass dudes.

That is all.
              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I thought we played Drake on Thursday for a play in game.

Comment

I am confused, which shouldn't confuse anyone on this board. I thought there was a post last night saying our game with Drake is Thursday at 5:27 on TNT.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I am confused, which shouldn't confuse anyone on this board. I thought there was a post last night saying our game with Drake is Thursday at 5:27 on TNT.
                    It is Thursday around 530
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'm so confused. I thought I saw we were playing Saturday, then I saw it was Thursday, then this tweet says Saturday again. I can't keep up!
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Yes, they botched it. That's why I prefaced it with:

"Our conference's social media folks must not have gotten much sleep last night."

Comment

Times, tv schedules, and announcers for all the games can be found at https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...r-assignments/

Time - 5:27 p.m Central Time
                          (11) Drake vs. (11) Wichita State
                          Announcers - Brian Anderson / Jim Jackson / Allie LaForce
                          TV - TBS
                          Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

I hope to see Tyson not taking wacky 25'ers and make an effort to drive and d-i-s-h the ball (for the love of God, please). He's going to be double teamed each and every time he touches the ball. AG needs to do the same (he won't be double teamed). PLAY TEAM BALL OR GO HOME. It's what Drake's gonna' do. And, It would be nice if Dex could give us 8 rebounds. That's not asking too much.

Drake showed they can beat a Loyola without Hemphill, because Penn is just that good. Think Davis of SMU without the need to be a gunner. Their offense (hopefully) won't be as good because now he's out for the year. They went 3-2 without either player their last 5 games, and it's not like the competition in the Valley is comparable to the MEAC or the Southland conference.
                            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 15, 2021, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Yes, they botched it. That's why I prefaced it with:

"Our conference's social media folks must not have gotten much sleep last night."
                              That went past 90 percent of us.

Comment

Not only DD, but we need Wade to be a factor, not just a warm body. Bother of these guys are difference makers when they are focused.

Comment

Working...
                                X