NCAA Tournament - WSU vs Drake Pre-Game Predictions and Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Ah...BUT have they seen any AAC level defenses?
    It's hard to say how accurate the numbers are this year. I think the AAC has some great defenses but also some awful offenses that add to the numbers. Drake has some athletes and while they lost some bad games, we've been fortunate to win as many close games as we have. I'm just ecstatic we're in and hopefully the players don't play as tight as they did this weekend and Gilbert calms down a bit and goes back to distributing more instead of playing hero ball. If so then we have a chance.

Comment

Poor Bear better be ready - in their last game starters played all but 7 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post

It's hard to say how accurate the numbers are this year. I think the AAC has some great defenses but also some awful offenses that add to the numbers. Drake has some athletes and while they lost some bad games, we've been fortunate to win as many close games as we have. I'm just ecstatic we're in and hopefully the players don't play as tight as they did this weekend and Gilbert calms down a bit and goes back to distributing more instead of playing hero ball. If so then we have a chance.
        No games are easy at this point. And analytics go out the window anyway. It will be whoever brings it harder will win. Hopefully it will be us!
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I've watched a lot of drake since I bet them quite often... They're legit. If wichita comes out like the last 2 days, it'll be ugly

Comment

According to some posters this should be an easy victory based on the trash talking of Drake all year.

Comment

Tears.....

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Opening line -2, 139.5

Comment

Tears.....

IB looking ready to enter the high jump and the AAC Championships.
                  The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                    Have we played an MVC team since we left the Valley?
                    No, we have not.

And I don't think there's anyone on Drake who was at Drake the last time we played a Valley game, either, unless they were a redshirt. In other words, most if not all players have to be told this is a pride game versus having experienced it themselves.
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Whoever makes the most Free Throws wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                        I've watched a lot of drake since I bet them quite often... They're legit. If wichita comes out like the last 2 days, it'll be ugly
                        They haven't looked good at all in the game I've seen ... Then again neither have we

Comment

Tears.....

6 feet! 6 feet apart!!

Comment

Anyone know Hemphill's status?
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                              Totally agree. Whatever was in the water they were drinking in the AAC tournament needs to be gone. I noticed Coach Brown was telling several players in the selection celebration " NO SLIP UP THIS TIME". I assume that means no hero ball by AG and TW actually showing up for the game. Go shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The counter is their offense would be second best in the AAC behind Houston
                                No doubt. To say the move on offense and get open shots is quite an understatement. Think Cincy yesterday, but better (moving). Our D will be seriously challenged.

Their 6'10" 270lb big is pretty active with good feet and soft hands. He'll probably do some work on Udeze down low, but the reverse will hold true as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X