Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about Wichita State and Creighton to the MWC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    That looks like a nice conference setup.

I'm not sure of the geography, but if Drexel and/or GW are anywhere near the DC metro, those attendance numbers aren't surprising. There is a TON of competition for sports entertainment dollars. I'm actually surprised GMU is that high. IIRC they were barely drawing 2k-3k after their Final Four year.
    Drexel is in Philly. But the same point is true there as well. GW is located in DC. Still surprised that attendence is so low.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• If the A10 loses anybody, they'll go after the CAA.

I believe Temple is only interested as a football only member of "The National Conference" (Current working name).

We're not going anywhere without football. At least not anywhere that's a definite step up. I'd love for the new President to be open to the idea and let Sexton for a plan and recruit the money. That's supposed to be what he's good at isn't it?

The MVC won't kick anyone out. The only chance of that happening is if some school really screws things up from a legal perspective.

The more likely scenario would be for a number of schools to start investing more into basketball and hope that the poorer schools (Evansville) realize that they can't compete and look to downgrade like ORU has done by moving to the Southland. And they were actually competitive in the Summit. But I also hear there are other reasons that they and others are looking to get out of that conference.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
      X