No announcement yet.

Gregg Marshall Sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend of mine who happens to be a lifelong Indiana resident and IU fan text me today. Wanted to know if I could steer Gregg Marshall to IU. Told him Gregg didn't like cold weather so it would be a hard sell and my ability to steer him anywhere is right around zero.
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

“At a school like Wichita State”. What does that supposed to mean? He had everything he wanted. He could win here. He could eat all the hamburgers he wanted. He had numerous flirtations every single year... UCLA, Alabama just to name a few.

You’re either the dumbest Shocker fan on the planet or a Jayhawk goon who has lost his way on a WSU message board.
      Pretty much sums it up!

Comment

Originally posted by hardyhar16 View Post

It cracks me up how a life-long Shocker fan and huge supporter of the program gets called a Beaker for speaking the truth about his program and former coach. Obviously, some people can't handle the truth. I loved the winning that took place over the last 10+ years, but not in exchange for what was hidden from people. Did you know that FVV said he would never donate a penny to this university as long as 3G was the coach?? So many more of these stories out there.

But, I guess that is what is great about a message board.

Anyways, GO SHOX!!
        No idea who you are, who you support, nor do I care. But saying something like that is irresponsible at best. And you're wrong for posting it.

Comment

Well this thread took a predictable turn.

Comment

They only thing that pisses me off about GM is that he’s getting paid millions not to work...

DAMNIT!!! THAT WAS MY DREAM!!! ;)
            The Assman

Comment

Marshall to MN to reunite with his former assistant.
              Phi Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by Speed View Post
                Marshall to MN to reunite with his former assistant.

Too soon?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Patty,
                  Really?
                  Yes, we know you despise HCGM.
                  Yes, we know you went on a hellbent, obsessive campaign and blew anyone you thought that had "the goods" on him.
                  Yes, we know you are some kind of a nut job who fantasizes about being selected to be the next WuShock.

But enough is enough.
                  HCGM is no longer the coach and everyone else has laid down their guns and moved on.
                  Except you.

We won't have any trouble picking you out on Thursday. You will be the one with the 1 gallon pail of Ben & Jerrys on your lap shoveling it in faster than they can sell another to you.

That is all.
                  Patty was my first reaction when reading their comments!

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Surely you have enough to do handing out envelopes of cash and cars to hoops prospects, finding a football coach who hasn’t boinked his secretary or waiting for the penalties on your five major violations to spend time on our lil ol board.
                    Ok, best post of the day!!!

Comment

Patty,
                      Really?
                      Yes, we know you despise HCGM.
                      Yes, we know you went on a hellbent, obsessive campaign and blew anyone you thought that had "the goods" on him.
                      Yes, we know you are some kind of a nut job who fantasizes about being selected to be the next WuShock.

But enough is enough.
                      HCGM is no longer the coach and everyone else has laid down their guns and moved on.
                      Except you.

We won't have any trouble picking you out on Thursday. You will be the one with the 1 gallon pail of Ben & Jerrys on your lap shoveling it in faster than they can sell another to you.

That is all.
                      We have been blessed with many posts of the year already in '21. Add this one.

Clark, it's the gift that keeps on giving.

Comment

I don't think I've seen much weirder stuff ever than all of the weirdness and bizarro world of Patty Beamer, someone that I will never ever meet.

As a former WuShock, she don't measure up to even that.

Comment

Originally posted by hardyhar16 View Post

3G is NOT going to get a bigtime coaching job immediately when he gets back into coaching. Definitely not a blue blood like Indiana. He had unbelievable success here and was still never a serious candidate for big job openings. I guess if you consider Alabama a big job, that's as big as it got. He was not seriously considered at Texas like many of you believe.

WHY?? Because 3G is universally hated across this country by Coaches and AD's. The word was out on him about how he treated his players and staff. After a Final 4 and undefeated season at a school like Wichita State, he should have been the hottest coaching candidate year in and year out. However, that was NOT the case, and there was a good reason for that.

Now that all of this stuff has been proven true, he will have to take the long road back (see Rick Pitino). He will end up at a school like Iona that just wants to win and not worry about the other stuff. If he is successful at a school like that, he can slowly start working his way up the chain again, but it will not happen immediately.

In this day and age of the transfer portal and players leaving with no penalty, coaches like 3G are going to have a much tougher time keeping kids and being successful.
                          ☝ Complete Nonsense

Comment

On a different HCGM note...
                            Can't help thinking that when WSU popped up n the screen yesterday, he just leaned back in his La-Z-Boy, fired up a nice stogie and just smiled.

That is all.
                            This is the truth. Marshall’s coaching along with Marshall’s players and Marshall’s Assistants would have beaten Cincy by 8-10 points ... Browns team didn’t run a set play for the last 4 minutes. They’re on the road to nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by top20shock View Post

This is the truth. Marshall’s coaching along with Marshall’s players and Marshall’s Assistants would have beaten Cincy by 8-10 points ... Browns team didn’t run a set play for the last 4 minutes. They’re on the road to nowhere.
                              Because Marshall's Coaching/Players/Assistants have such a good record vs Cincy ...

Comment

Originally posted by top20shock View Post

Are you “it’s going to be a long season” guy? I’ve been trying to remember who it was that posted “it’s going to be a long season” in every single game thread win or lose.

Turns out the statement was correct, just not in the way they meant it.

Comment

Working...
                                X