Gregg Marshall Sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregg Marshall Sighting

He gave the pre-game pep talk to Campus before their state semi-final game.

Originally posted by washedup View Post
    https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/s...071820288?s=19
    Awesome Baby!!!

I'd hate to be the team playing them next.

Hey, is that Sterling?

Comment

Originally posted by washedup View Post
      https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/s...071820288?s=19
      And they won the game. Good for Campus!

Comment

If Haith gets canned this offseason and 3G does get a job somewhere, I wouldn’t be stunned to see Sterling go to that school.
        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
          If Haith gets canned this offseason and 3G does get a job somewhere, I wouldn’t be stunned to see Sterling go to that school.
          I was thinking the same thing after seeing that photo (Sterling following 3G)

Comment

Awesome!! Coach lookin good!

Comment

Indiana just paid 10 million to fire Archie Miller.... They don't do that without someone lined up. Wonder if 3G is on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                Indiana just paid 10 million to fire Archie Miller.... They don't do that without someone lined up. Wonder if 3G is on that list.
                With their past history, I think they probably will stay clear of 3G.

It does look like whoever the replacement is has already been determined. If it not announced quickly then that coach is in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Yeah, that would be like going full circle; from Bobby Knight to Bobby Knight 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

It does look like whoever the replacement is has already been determined. If it not announced quickly then that coach is in the NCAA tournament.
                    I would tend to agree. However, IU has been starved for a winning basketball program since the Knight days and the boosters most likely want to see a return to that and might be willing to overlook the past. Particularly since things appear to have been at least simmered down with Knight after bringing him back last season or whenever that was.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      3G is NOT going to get a bigtime coaching job immediately when he gets back into coaching. Definitely not a blue blood like Indiana. He had unbelievable success here and was still never a serious candidate for big job openings. I guess if you consider Alabama a big job, that's as big as it got. He was not seriously considered at Texas like many of you believe.

WHY?? Because 3G is universally hated across this country by Coaches and AD's. The word was out on him about how he treated his players and staff. After a Final 4 and undefeated season at a school like Wichita State, he should have been the hottest coaching candidate year in and year out. However, that was NOT the case, and there was a good reason for that.

Now that all of this stuff has been proven true, he will have to take the long road back (see Rick Pitino). He will end up at a school like Iona that just wants to win and not worry about the other stuff. If he is successful at a school like that, he can slowly start working his way up the chain again, but it will not happen immediately.

In this day and age of the transfer portal and players leaving with no penalty, coaches like 3G are going to have a much tougher time keeping kids and being successful.

Comment

Originally posted by hardyhar16 View Post

3G is NOT going to get a bigtime coaching job immediately when he gets back into coaching. Definitely not a blue blood like Indiana. He had unbelievable success here and was still never a serious candidate for big job openings. I guess if you consider Alabama a big job, that's as big as it got. He was not seriously considered at Texas like many of you believe.

WHY?? Because 3G is universally hated across this country by Coaches and AD's. The word was out on him about how he treated his players and staff. After a Final 4 and undefeated season at a school like Wichita State, he should have been the hottest coaching candidate year in and year out. However, that was NOT the case, and there was a good reason for that.

Now that all of this stuff has been proven true, he will have to take the long road back (see Rick Pitino). He will end up at a school like Iona that just wants to win and not worry about the other stuff. If he is successful at a school like that, he can slowly start working his way up the chain again, but it will not happen immediately.

In this day and age of the transfer portal and players leaving with no penalty, coaches like 3G are going to have a much tougher time keeping kids and being successful.
                        Hot take bro. Looking forward to the matchup with KU if the Shox and Beakers are able to make it. Now back to Phog for you...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I would tend to agree. However, IU has been starved for a winning basketball program since the Knight days and the boosters most likely want to see a return to that and might be willing to overlook the past. Particularly since things appear to have been at least simmered down with Knight after bringing him back last season or whenever that was.
                          If they did hire 3G, there would be an epic meltdown by *******.

My guess is Beilein as the target if it is not a coach who is playing.

Comment

IU is on the verge of not being considered a blue blood anymore (recency bias), if they're not already there. Agree that they might be desperate for a splash hire even if it comes with a lot of controversy.

However, I would think they should be able to hire whoever they want, and if they can avoid controversy and still get a splash hire, they will go that route.
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by hardyhar16 View Post

Surely you have enough to do handing out envelopes of cash and cars to hoops prospects, finding a football coach who hasn’t boinked his secretary or waiting for the penalties on your five major violations to spend time on our lil ol board.

Comment

Working...
                              X