No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. SMU Pregame Discussion 2-25-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big 12 cancelling games just to cancel them now.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Big 12 cancelling games just to cancel them now.
      It's science.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        Well I was specifically wondering about the league being involved in rescheduling. I question that the league is getting too involved in all of these decisions. I think it's incumbent on each school's staff (ADs and DOBOs) to sort out if/when they can/cannot/will/will not reschedule.
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

At this point in time as we are Leading the American Conference, if we were virtually any other BB school in the country, we would be guaranteed a bid to the NCAA. Still, our chances have to be very good, so therefore I would vote for canceling the rest of our conference games. Of course not playing for so long could severely limit our advancement past the first round?

Comment

we'd be ranked and a Top 6 seed had we just beat OSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Well I was specifically wondering about the league being involved in rescheduling. I question that the league is getting too involved in all of these decisions. I think it's incumbent on each school's staff (ADs and DOBOs) to sort out if/when they can/cannot/will/will not reschedule.
              That doesn’t make sense to me. Why wouldn’t the league be involved in rescheduling conference games?

Non-con? Sure, that’s up to the individual schools.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

That doesn’t make sense to me. Why wouldn’t the league be involved in rescheduling conference games?

Because there are a ton of moving parts. School A and B need to reschedule: What conversations and tentative commitments is School A having with non-con School X? What conversations and tentative commitments is School B having with non-con School Y and School Z. Is School A's facility open on the date of T, U, or V? Will School A accept date T, U, or V? Will School B accept those dates? What about B's facility? If not T, U, or V, what alternative dates will work for School A? What about School B?

Repeat that for a LOT of other games throughout the league that need to be rescheduled.

If School A and School B get on the phone together, there is a mediocre chance they can work something out. If all of those games are being forced to be coordinated through a league office, I don't see how practically any of them would happen.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I think the league office is happy to assist when asked. I just don't think they are dictating anything as was implied, or even getting very involved (other than being informed) very often.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Because there are a ton of moving parts. School A and B need to reschedule: What conversations and tentative commitments is School A having with non-con School X? What conversations and tentative commitments is School B having with non-con School Y and School Z. Is School A's facility open on the date of T, U, or V? Will School A accept date T, U, or V? Will School B accept those dates? What about B's facility? If not T, U, or V, what alternative dates will work for School A? What about School B?

Repeat that for a LOT of other games throughout the league that need to be rescheduled.

If School A and School B get on the phone together, there is a mediocre chance they can work something out. If all of those games are being forced to be coordinated through a league office, I don't see how practically any of them would happen.
                    The situation you described sounds like what would happen if the schools tried to schedule games for themselves, a la non-conference games.

The conference schedule is way easier because it’s handled mostly by the league. The individual teams don’t have to worry about the logistics they just play the games put in front of them.

Comment

I’ll put it this way, even if Memphis wanted to cancel their game against Tulane tomorrow and play WSU on Thursday instead they couldn’t do that without the league approval.

The league is the only entity with the authority to say, sorry Tulane but you’re not in contention for a league title or tourney bid this year, for the good of the league we’re canceling your games against WSU and Memphis so they can play instead.

Comment

Of course maybe the American operating under the assumption that WSU is in as long as we beat Temple and Tulane and win a game in the conference tournament.

I think we should be in given our resume (4-4 in Q1/Q2 games, 0 Q3/Q4 losses), SOS, and marquee win against Houston but it seems like a risky strategy. What do I know though?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Bullcrap. That's not the killer attitude I want to see our of this team. I liked the Anytime, Anyplace mindset that GGG had.
                            I agree, his thought is that of a wuss looking to back in. I think it's better to play the best available, win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I agree, his thought is that of a wuss looking to back in. I think it's better to play the best available, win or lose.
                              Who is the “wuss” you’re referring to?

Comment

Can someone please explain to me why we have to play on Saturday and Sunday is out of the question? Talk slow cause evidently I'm not very smart.

Comment

Working...
                                X