No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. SMU Pregame Discussion 2-25-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because Sunday is karaoke night with pinstripers down at the Blue Oyster.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Because Sunday is karaoke night with pinstripers down at the Blue Oyster.
      I was willing to change that

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Can someone please explain to me why we have to play on Saturday and Sunday is out of the question? Talk slow cause evidently I'm not very smart.
        How would you feel if you just played a tough tough game and couldn't get Chick-fil-a on the way home?

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

This is the most likely explanation. I think it's best to go this route.

But the game at Temple still makes me nervous. We lose that and we're done for.
          That my be true irrespective whatever other bubble teams we might beat. We lose to Temple or Tulane we need to at least get to the AAC Championship game hopefully against Houston.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 24, 2021, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Who is the “wuss” you’re referring to?
            Anyone that would prefer not to play a game out of a fear of a possible loss.
            In other words, no one in particular, but anyone with that fearful attitude.
            Last edited by Atxshoxfan; February 23, 2021, 10:17 PM.

Comment

I would assume HCIB knows the AAC schedule is bound to get flipped and they could be playing 3 games next week, so a Sunday game really doesn't work. I would guess we play Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday next week or Monday/Thursday/Sunday.

Comment

Q: If a team has a chance to win regular season conference championship by playing 2 makeup games (opponent they are trying to catch had BOTH games this week cancelled), do you think conference should force a make up?
                -- tigersgrizz07

Talk to the Palm: I believe the question refers to Wichita State's games with SMU being canceled this week due to COVID issues at SMU. The Shockers have actually had four straight games postponed due to COVID problems for their opponents, including one with Memphis, which is a game back in the standings.

There is only so much that can be done with the little time left. Ideally, yes, it would be nice to be able to make up these games, but that may not be possible. Being fair to the teams chasing the Shockers (Houston and Memphis) is not a primary concern. Houston and Wichita State each have two conference games left, and Memphis has four. If Houston doesn't win the title, it will be because it couldn't beat East Carolina, not because WSU had games canceled. For Memphis, the problem is not being able to beat Tulsa.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Q: If a team has a chance to win regular season conference championship by playing 2 makeup games (opponent they are trying to catch had BOTH games this week cancelled), do you think conference should force a make up?
                  -- tigersgrizz07

Talk to the Palm: I believe the question refers to Wichita State's games with SMU being canceled this week due to COVID issues at SMU. The Shockers have actually had four straight games postponed due to COVID problems for their opponents, including one with Memphis, which is a game back in the standings.

There is only so much that can be done with the little time left. Ideally, yes, it would be nice to be able to make up these games, but that may not be possible. Being fair to the teams chasing the Shockers (Houston and Memphis) is not a primary concern. Houston and Wichita State each have two conference games left, and Memphis has four. If Houston doesn't win the title, it will be because it couldn't beat East Carolina, not because WSU had games canceled. For Memphis, the problem is not being able to beat Tulsa.
                  Dammit Palm, stop making sense and don't make me start to like you, even a little...yuck.

Comment

Working...
                  X