No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. SMU Pregame Discussion 2-25-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The obvious move seems like cancelling the 2/24 Memphis vs Tulane game, schedule WSU vs Memphis on 2/25.

Cancel the 3/4 SMU @ Cinci and 3/3 WSU vs Tulane and bring SMU to town that day instead (assuming they can get out of protocol by then of course).

Then I guess we can go to Temple to finish out the season although I might prefer Cincinnati instead.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
      The obvious move seems like cancelling the 2/24 Memphis vs Tulane game, schedule WSU vs Memphis on 2/25.

Cancel the 3/4 SMU @ Cinci and 3/3 WSU vs Tulane and bring SMU to town that day instead (assuming they can get out of protocol by then of course).

Then I guess we can go to Temple to finish out the season although I might prefer Cincinnati instead.
      Taylor stated on Facebook it sounds like the Memphis game isn't getting rescheduled

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Taylor stated on Facebook it sounds like the Memphis game isn't getting rescheduled
        Interesting decision by the league. Maybe they’re not thinking about this in terms of NCAA bids. Seems like it leaves a lot to chance to just assume our resume is good enough and that we won’t trip up against Temple or Tulane.

But what do I know? Nada.

Comment

I wonder what the reasoning is. I read that Memphis had been cleared for practice this Monday. Why can't that game be scheduled at WSU later this week?

Comment

Bullcrap. That's not the killer attitude I want to see our of this team. I liked the Anytime, Anyplace mindset that GGG had.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Bullcrap. That's not the killer attitude I want to see our of this team. I liked the Anytime, Anyplace mindset that GGG had.
              Bullshit. Coach Coach M attitude was not anytime and anyplace. I recall specifically that he said he wasn't going to AFH for a check. I recall his attitude was that yes we will play you, but you have to come to Wichita and play us. Which is why so many of us loved him for that attitude. He did not turn his back on this City. He demanded fairness.

Comment

Interesting decision by the league. Maybe they’re not thinking about this in terms of NCAA bids. Seems like it leaves a lot to chance to just assume our resume is good enough and that we won’t trip up against Temple or Tulane.

But what do I know? Nada.
                Is Aresco taking advice from Doug Elgin?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Is Aresco taking advice from Doug Elgin?
                  The vValley of Even!

Comment

The league may be thinking that WSU and Memphis are both bubble teams and would rather take the chance of both getting in rather that one knocking the other out.

Comment

Interesting decision by the league.
                      Can you copy/paste Taylor's post? I'm curious about the league having anything to do with this.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        The league may be thinking that WSU and Memphis are both bubble teams and would rather take the chance of both getting in rather that one knocking the other out.
                        This is the most likely explanation. I think it's best to go this route.

But the game at Temple still makes me nervous. We lose that and we're done for.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Can you copy/paste Taylor's post? I'm curious about the league having anything to do with this.
                          Stickboy46 would need to do that. I looked on Facebook and couldn’t find the post he was referring to.

Comment

If we really want to get in to the tournament, we need to have the conference tournament cancelled.

Now, that's not a good thing for the conference for a number of reasons, but the revenue from getting a second team in the NCAA tournament (and potentially winning and getting more units for the conference) might be more profitable than the ticket revenue for a conference tournament with limited seating.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                              If we really want to get in to the tournament, we need to have the conference tournament cancelled.

Now, that's not a good thing for the conference for a number of reasons, but the revenue from getting a second team in the NCAA tournament (and potentially winning and getting more units for the conference) might be more profitable than the ticket revenue for a conference tournament with limited seating.
                              I asked this question a while back but I wonder how the auto-bid would be assigned if the conference tournament was cancelled. I guess the league would be free to designate whichever team they wanted?

For selfish reasons, I don’t want the conference tournament cancelled. We didn’t make the season ticket cut line so this will be my first opportunity to watch them in person and with all the cancellations and shortened non-con I just want to see more games period.

I’m not sure what the leagues strategy is down the stretch here. It seems like they either don’t have one or are afraid that a Memphis @ WSU game would be considered an elimination game.

Neither SMU nor Memphis has a Q1 win so far. WSU has two (come on Ole Miss, hang in there). We seem like the best hope for the league at this point and we would be a Q1 opportunity (barely) for Memphis.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Here you go
                                filedata/fetch?id=1282448&d=1614097353&type=thumb
                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X