Wichita State vs. Houston Game Thread 2-18-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

The team leaving the floor early is sort of a "protest" and is unsportsmanlike conduct in my opinion. In soccer unsportsmanlike conduct is a catchall for crappy behavior like that, when the ref needs a fallback. Obviously in this situation you wouldn't pull the "unsportsmanlike conduct" card, but they could if things degraded.

ShockRef does unsportsmanlike conduct work the same in basketball for those situations where there may not be a specific rule, but everyone knows it when they see it?
    Without handshake lines this year, I don't see walking off as the buzzer sounds as a big deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

The team leaving the floor early is sort of a "protest" and is unsportsmanlike conduct in my opinion. In soccer unsportsmanlike conduct is a catchall for crappy behavior like that, when the ref needs a fallback. Obviously in this situation you wouldn't pull the "unsportsmanlike conduct" card, but they could if things degraded.

ShockRef does unsportsmanlike conduct work the same in basketball for those situations where there may not be a specific rule, but everyone knows it when they see it?
      I thought that they (UH) may have believed there might be some court storming after the buzzer. With all the overplayed hype before the game about them being the highest rated team to take an L in the arena in over 50 years and all. So with the corona hysteria in the back of everybody’s mind they decided to skeedaddle.

Only problem is they apparently don’t know that we Shocker fans are experienced at witnessing high profile W’s and as a result do not participate in such irresponsible activities!

Comment

• If the referees would have called the end of the game according to the rules, then the first thing they should have done was call traveling on Tyson. He started walking with the ball when there was still about 2 seconds left on the clock. They would have had to call Houston back on the court for the last play, so instead of doing that, they just ended the game.

Comment

• Now we need to Validate that W vs Houston. Whenever that is we get to play again. We need to put an exclamation on our next victim to proof that Houston W wasn't luck.
          Great win regardless. MTXE

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            If the referees would have called the end of the game according to the rules, then the first thing they should have done was call traveling on Tyson. He started walking with the ball when there was still about 2 seconds left on the clock. They would have had to call Houston back on the court for the last play, so instead of doing that, they just ended the game.

if that's the case, Houston as a team would be penalized for walking off the court. Unsportsmanlike conduct. Or something like that.

Comment

Working...
            X