Schedule Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by calfan View Post
    The conference has to represent everyone, not just WSU and Memphis. How happy do you think Tulane would be if they lost a home game with first place WSU? The same with Temple? They have to figure out how to get WSU and SMU or Memphis to play while not making Tulane and Temple mad. That is not an easy task.
    They get a cut of the NCAA shares if extra teams make it in.

Comment

Did they do any senior night stuff for the Houston game? If not, looks like Gilbert and Wade wont get an official Senior night ... no home games left.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        Did they do any senior night stuff for the Houston game? If not, looks like Gilbert and Wade wont get an official Senior night ... no home games left.
        That means that Wade will have to come back next year if he wants to have his official Senior night.

Comment

The first year we were in the AAC we had a schedule where we were't going to play everyone twice, the conference I believe set it up so that the predicted upper teams did not have to play the lower rated half but once. The AAC seemed to set themselves apart from what we had experienced in our former conference of "equal". The scheduling this week is so reminiscent of our time in the "EQUAL" conference. Bush

Comment

Not worried. Win the next 4 games (3/4 against AAC bottom feeders) and we are in. Easy as that.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                The local media is pushing this narrative but locals say Penny refused to schedule the game at Wichita because he didn't want to play 4 straight road games.

Comment

Part of me thinks the league dropped the ball by not adjusting the schedule more throughout the season as the top teams emerged and NCAA picture crystallized.

We could end up winning the league this year with only one win against the top four teams.

Of course we only played three games against those four teams and none of the cancellations were due to WSU. Conversely, Houston will have played Memphis, WSU, and SMU twice. Memphis will have played Houston and SMU twice and SMU will have played Houston and Memphis twice.

So, not only did all those teams get 1-3 more opportunities at resume building wins, but their claim on a conference championship would be “stronger”.

If they can finish it out it will still be valid to me but I know if the shoe was on the other foot, say Tulsa, many on Shockernet would try to discredit their accomplishment.

I don’t think the league did us any favors this year.
                  Last edited by pie n eye; February 27, 2021, 11:15 AM.

Comment

If we win the next two (which we should), and then win to the Championship game (which would be one win between us and SMU or Memphis whichever is a 4 seed) at the tournament, we still have a shot to the tourney.

Comment

I think the league decided to roll the dice and hope this could be a 3 bid league.

1. If WSU can win their next 2 games, how could the NCAA keep the regular season winner out of the tourney.

2. Houston is a lock for at-large bid.

3. Hope for somebody other than WSU/Houston winning the tourney (Memphis or Smu).

Comment

If we win the next two, we are probably in.........unless some third team wins the tournament

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          I think the league decided to roll the dice and hope this could be a 3 bid league.

1. If WSU can win their next 2 games, how could the NCAA keep the regular season winner out of the tourney.

2. Houston is a lock for at-large bid.

3. Hope for somebody other than WSU/Houston winning the tourney (Memphis or Smu).
                          I was thinking the same thing. Question is, can the league name the autobid team or must it come from the league tourny? If they name the league champion as the auto, suddenly we have a shot of having 3 bids.

Comment

Cliché central: just play and win each game as it comes. Even all this talk of if/how/when we get to the tournament is counterproductive IMHO.
                            "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

I'm guessing this is not a good sign for our last game! Temple is now shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShox View Post
                                Not worried. Win the next 4 games (3/4 against AAC bottom feeders) and we are in. Easy as that.
                                Make that 3 wins in a row left! Easier now.

Comment

Working...
                                X