Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schedule Changes

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Schedule Changes

    Figured I'd put this in it's own topic since there are a lot of pieces to this



    MBB Schedule Update 2/15 Shocker Schedule Makeover Continues
    2/15/2021 4:45:00 PM

    Story LinksThe American Athletic Conference announced another round of changes to Wichita State's men's basketball schedule.

    SMU and Wichita State will play two times in four days next week: Thursday, Feb. 25 in Wichita (6 p.m. CT on ESPN or ESPN2) and Sunday, Feb. 28 in Dallas (7 p.m. CT, ESPNU).

    The Dec. 30 WSU-East Carolina game will not be rescheduled. The lone regular season contest between the teams will take place this Sunday, Feb. 21 in Wichita (11 a.m. CT, ESPNU).

    For the latest schedule information, visit GoShockers.com.

    ###

    Wichita State Men's Basketball Schedule (as of Feb. 15; Subject to Change):
    Thursday, Feb. 18 – HOUSTON* -- 6 p.m., ESPN2
    Sunday, Feb. 21 – EAST CAROLINA* -- 11 a.m., ESPNU
    Thursday, Feb. 25 – SMU* -- 6 p.m., ESPN or ESPN2
    Sunday, Feb. 28 – at SMU* -- 7 p.m., ESPNU
    Wednesday, Mar. 3 – at Tulane* -- 5 p.m., ESPN+
    Saturday, Mar. 6 – at Temple* -- TBD, ESPN2


  • #2
    I wonder if they'll be able to reschedule our games @Cincy or home against Memphis. Those were both Q2 opportunities that would certainly boost our resume if we won them.

    Comment


    • #3
      Appears we are losing Memphis at Home, at Cincy and at East Carolina. Three fewer games than originally scheduled.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
        I wonder if they'll be able to reschedule our games @Cincy or home against Memphis. Those were both Q2 opportunities that would certainly boost our resume if we won them.
        I bet Memphis gets rescheduled at the expense of one of the last two games. I don't know where else you can put it. Cincy isn't a priority because Cincy isn't in the tournament picture

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
          Appears we are losing Memphis at Home and at East Carolina. Two fewer games than originally scheduled.
          They are still working on Memphis according to Taylor. They don't know when Memphis will be off pause though.

          We still have 3 games outstanding not counting the cancelled ECU. Home vs Memphis, at Cincy and home vs USF. I'd bet only the Memphis game happens

          Comment


          • #6
            Take a look at the remaining schedules of Memphis, Cinci, and USF. If I was the AAC I would do everything in my power to switch March 3 around. Memphis @ WSU and Tulane @ USF. Screw the home game against USF. We need that road game at Cinci, especially with how well they are playing. Maybe move 3/6 against Temple to 3/7. Have Cinci move SMU game to 3/3. That opens up 3/5 for WSU to travel to Cinci.

            Last edited by SkoShox; February 15, 2021, 07:58 PM.

            Comment


            • #7


              Interesting quote from someone connected to the AAC office saying cancelling less important games (Tulane and Temple) isnt out if the question but is "unprecedented"

              I'd say this year qualifies for unprecedented

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                Interesting quote from someone connected to the AAC office saying cancelling less important games (Tulane and Temple) isnt out if the question but is "unprecedented"

                I'd say this year qualifies for unprecedented
                The fact that they switched from an unbalanced to a round Robin this year was unprecedented as far as I know. One would think that it wouldn’t be a big deal to play those teams only once considering the circumstances and that in a normal year that might be the case anyways.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

                  The fact that they switched from an unbalanced to a round Robin this year was unprecedented as far as I know. One would think that it wouldn’t be a big deal to play those teams only once considering the circumstances and that in a normal year that might be the case anyways.
                  My guess is they are going to wait it out to see if any of the others "volunteer" to give up their games. By volunteer I mean go on COVID pause.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    NM

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well, Sunday's game vs. ECU is now postponed due to Covid issues within the Pirate's program. I wonder who else might have the ability to play on Sunday?

                      EDIT: To answer my own question, no one. At least, not unless some other program goes on pause.
                      Last edited by RoyalShock; February 16, 2021, 02:18 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Sunday Home Game with ECU Called Off

                        Wichita State's game of schedule whack-a-mole continued Tuesday afternoon with yet another postponement popping up.

                        The American Athletic Conference announced that Sunday's home game against East Carolina has been postponed due to a COVID-19 related pause in activities at ECU.

                        Rescheduling information has not yet been determined.

                        It's the Shockers' seventh conference postponement this season – all of them due to COVID-19 protocol at opposing team schools.

                        In addition to the WSU-ECU game, The American also announced two other schedule changes:

                        The Tulane-SMU game, scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 17, has been postponed due to a forecast for severe winter weather in the Dallas area.

                        The Temple-Memphis contest, scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 21 in Memphis, Tenn., has been postponed due to player availability after a suspension of activities at Memphis.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Sunday Home Game with ECU Called Off

                          Wichita State's game of schedule whack-a-mole continued Tuesday afternoon with yet another postponement popping up.

                          The American Athletic Conference announced that Sunday's home game against East Carolina has been postponed due to a COVID-19 related pause in activities at ECU.

                          Rescheduling information has not yet been determined.

                          It's the Shockers' seventh conference postponement this season – all of them due to COVID-19 protocol at opposing team schools.

                          In addition to the WSU-ECU game, The American also announced two other schedule changes:

                          The Tulane-SMU game, scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 17, has been postponed due to a forecast for severe winter weather in the Dallas area.

                          The Temple-Memphis contest, scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 21 in Memphis, Tenn., has been postponed due to player availability after a suspension of activities at Memphis.
                          Move our game with Temple up to 21st, cancel ECU @ Cincinatti on March 7 and bring Cinc to Wichita instead.

                          See, easy peazy!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

                            Move our game with Temple up to 21st, cancel ECU @ Cincinatti on March 7 and bring Cinc to Wichita instead.

                            See, easy peazy!
                            Works for me. My only question is if we can keep the game in Cincinnati. We need those sweet, sweet Q2 opportunities to pad this resume.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

                              Works for me. My only question is if we can keep the game in Cincinnati. We need those sweet, sweet Q2 opportunities to pad this resume.
                              At this point the Shox just need opportunities. I don't care about Q1 or Q2 at this point or where they are played.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X