Wichita State vs. UCF Game Thread 2-10-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

How do the trans in the league compare from last year to this year?
    Not sure what that means but it made me laugh.
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

How do the trans in the league compare from last year to this year?
      They/Them are doing just fine
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

Yep same here, pretty encouraging performance all around. He puts so much pressure on the defense when he drives aggressively like he did tonight. He just needs to realize he’s a superhuman and start tomahawking on dudes that jump with him.

A lot of times we try to dodge or evade contact at the rim when we go up to finish, which I think is an area for improvement tbh
        I agree ... I'll accept an extra charge a game if it means he posterizes someone ... Cuz it means future teams aren't gonna want to step in front as easily

Comment

• Does the NCAA allow trans to play in NCAA-sanctioned games?

I was going to say "asking for a friend", then I realized that would have an entirely different meaning in the context of my post.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• AG was clutch tonight. Dexter had a great game, and rebounded his ass off. That’s good because Ricky couldn’t get going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Does the NCAA allow trans to play in NCAA-sanctioned games?

I was going to say "asking for a friend", then I realized that would have an entirely different meaning in the context of my post.
              As long as they play on both ends?

Comment

• As much as I hate nail-biting wins, I am glad to see this team not giving up and scratched out those wins. Last year's team would have given up most of these Wins.

We have team unity. I love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

As long as they play on both ends?
                  Switch hitters...
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by California Shocker View Post
                    As much as I hate nail-biting wins, I am glad to see this team not giving up and scratched out those wins. Last year's team would have given up most of these Wins.

We have team unity. I love it.
                    This team has natural leaders and chemistry. They do play together and actually like each other. Last years team was looking out for themselves. At least we had several guards who are no longer Shockers who did.

Comment

• Such a weird team. Very good at some things, and so, so poor at others.
                      Things we’re good at: half court D, offensive set pieces out of time outs, finding ways to win/not folding.
                      Things we’re awful at: defensive rebounding, finishing at the rim, getting loose balls, defending at end of game.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                        Such a weird team. Very good at some things, and so, so poor at others.
                        Things we’re good at: half court D, offensive set pieces out of time outs, finding ways to win/not folding.
                        Things we’re awful at: defensive rebounding, finishing at the rim, getting loose balls, defending at end of game.
                        Low turnover rate might be the key to most of our close wins; it almost cost us tonight, but we haven’t had too many atomic bombs during crunch time.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I agree that this team can be frustrating and sometimes there’s to much dribbling and not boxing out or shooting to many threes. But I do like the team chemistry and winning helps. Lot of things to clean up and improve on but I think there’s enough there to work with. Good win tonight, but we almost blew it. Was tense though....

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Alterique was the player of the game and he did have a good game and scored key points down the stretch. AG scored 17 points on only 10 shots plus he had 1 rebound, 2 assists and 3 turnovers.

I think Dex deserves co-player of the game. He was not quite as efficient on offense as AG scoring 16 points on 13 shots but he added 10 rebounds for a double-double plus 1 assist, no turnovers and 2 blocked shots. In addition, Dex held Mahan to 7 points on 2-11 shooting after Mahan led UCF against the Shocks in Wichita with 17 points which more or less offset Tyson's sub par scoring in this game.
                            What I really liked about DD game tonight was that he played with energy. He went after the ball for rebounds. He did not wait for it to come to him. He is so gifted athletically that I really think he can get a lot of rebounds if he just goes after the ball. I was so happy that he went after one ball and then threw it off the UCF player. I knew then that DD was locked in.

Not worried abourt RCIV. His shot at the rims will start falling again. Best way to get out of a mini slump is to up your game on defense.

Comment

• Could be worse. A lot worse. We could be losing games.

Also

We could playing flawlessly and eeking out wins.

At least we KNOW our ceiling is higher, IF we can clean up some our mental lapses.

We have talent.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                                Could be worse. A lot worse. We could be losing games.

Also

We could playing flawlessly and eeking out wins.

At least we KNOW our ceiling is higher, IF we can clean up some our mental lapses.

We have talent.
                                I got to agree. Basketball IQ is underrated.

Comment

Working...
                                X