No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. UCF Game Thread 2-10-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fact that we are almost mid February and we haven’t said wait until next year is a nice surprise given my mindset in October.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Shocks might have won this one at the free throw line. 16-21 for the Shocks even with Tyson only hitting 2-4 which is rare for him vs 8-13 for UCF.

The Shocks were only outrebounded by 4, 35-31 and were even with ECU on the offensive glass with 14 for each team.

Shocks continue to have difficulty putting to good halves together but ECU was unable to take advantage.

ECU may only be 5-10 (3-9 in AAC play) but they have some very good players.
      What?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

As long as the warts are above the neckline, I’m cool with it.
        apparently those can be lasered off

Comment

• Yes, watching us struggle at rebounding is tiresome.

Yes, watching us miss layups is annoying.

Yes, fouling at the worst possible moment is infuriating.

I just have to keep reminding myself that the last year, this program has been turned upside down. And to be competing and have a shot at the conference, with a rag tag group of low BBIQ, athletic, stone fingered, ball players that find new and exciting to make you want to throw your full beer through the TV while at the same time high five 'em all and bear hug them for sticking with the program and pulling out wins is kinda fun. Right?
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            We are far enough in that we are what we see. There isn't any rough edges to be smoothed with experience at this point.

We got a lotta warts, we smell bad and are drunk most of the time....

But we put out....

Maybe if we can find some makeup (improve rebounding) and get a nice dress (finish at the rim) we can find a date to the dance.
            After the first possession I was happy with the rebounding all the way until the **** hit the fan in the second half and we reverted back to our old habits of not boxing out. Dexter, Wade, Tyson are the three main guys that come to my mind in that stretch.

We really are just a handful of possessions away from winning this comfortably by 5-8 points. It’s absolutely infuriating that we can’t find it in ourselves to turn around and find someone to box out on every shot.

Maybe a loss would drive the point home better but I would prefer to keep winning and just keep hoping it clicks.

Comment

• I can remember a ranked 4-seed conference champion contending WSU team having to go to OT to beat UCF in Orlando three years ago.

I think we lose on Sunday. But this team has some moxie, even the doubters have to see that.

Comment

• That UCF team was much better than this one.
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                  Ok, I think you are a good poster but I’m calling baloney on this .... NO ONE saw 12-4... be honest!!☺️
                  also..... do you guys need any more proof about my contention that Frank Haith steals money from schools???
                  Call it what you want. I know I only returned to the board right before the season started so there's nothing posted to confirm, but amongst friends I consistently said this team should finish no worse than 3rd and compete for the conference title.

Now, with the way we've been playing and the poor rebounding I'm surprised we haven't lost more, but there is more than enough talent on this team. They just haven't really put it together.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• It is a road win! I don’t care how we got it. Q2 road wins are sweettttttttt!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      What the F is with banked in 3s vs us
                      We've won every game where the other team has had a banked in 3.

Comment

• I'll say one thing we sure know how to make games interesting to watch.
                        All I want out of DD is that kind of energy.
                        AG finally stepped up.
                        I am back on the MU train. He is not much on the glass but our offense suffers when he isn't in.
                        I thought it WAS UCF's ball at the end. TE failed to secure the ball like he should have.
                        I don't know how many times I yelled grab the damn ball tonight
                        We were fortunate to pull this one out but I'll take it

Comment

• I will also add that may have been the best version of Dexter Dennis we’ve ever seen. Knocked down a few 3s, played excellent on-ball defense, had a great block, drove to the basket aggressively (tho I would like to see stronger finishes/dunks), and rebounded/chased the ball down like his hair was on fire.

He’s obviously had some great moments for us throughout his career, but I thought tonight was his most complete performance overall. Kudos, my king

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                            I can remember a ranked 4-seed conference champion contending WSU team having to go to OT to beat UCF in Orlando three years ago.

I think we lose on Sunday. But this team has some moxie, even the doubters have to see that.
                            At this point I’m a broken record but if we would just consistently box out we can beat SMU.

We should be able to score against them and turn them over. They have a bunch of dangerous shooters and their PG is really talented.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                              That UCF team was much better than this one.
                              They finished 9-9 with no postseason. And this Wichita State team won’t be a 4-seed

Comment

• Gotta give credit to AG, he came through at the end,.

Comment

Working...
                                X