No announcement yet.

Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was talking last week with an ex player of many years ago who was in a similar situation as WP. At the end of the year they told him they had recruited many new players at his position and that he wasn't going to get any playing time. They ended up working a deal where the player gave up his schollie, but got financial aid to complete his education. He just wasn't on the team anymore. I wonder if something like this might be an option if it comes to that...

Comment

Can't see JT going anywhere. He sat out one year already and would lose a year if he goes to another D-1.

Comment

I think if JT left he would go juco one year, then 2 more years at D1. I don't think he would lose another year of playing, although he would have to trade one year of D1 for one year of juco.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Harley
          Can't see JT going anywhere. He sat out one year already and would lose a year if he goes to another D-1.
          He COULD go juco for a year, then still have 2 years left for D1. I seriously doubt he will use this option, however. Arbry Butler on the other hand...

Comment

Think of this line up with our misses:
            James Johnson
            Conner Teahan
            Wesley Johson
            Evan Baker
            Casey Crawford

Comment

"misses" is being used as a player in the program thats not performing and all that.

Not a player that didnt come here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                As for WP, I agree that he's done what has been asked of him and should be given a scholy for his senior year.

Now to say he was 'not a miss'.. I dunno about that. Honestly, WP hasn't panned out to what a lot of us were initially told about him. He plays pretty good D and can somewhat handle the point. I hate to call him a Craig Steven, but that's what he comes off as.

Great kid though. No doubt.
                Trust me, he is no Craig Steven....thank, God.

Craig could not guard a statue.

Comment

Good point, didn't think about juco although I would think that's a long shot. JT is getting decent minutes and that should only increase as the season progresses.

The juco route would seem to be better suited to somebody getting ZERO playing time . . . for Calvin Walls it was a good option and it may also be for AB unless he starts to show something soon.

Comment

We are desperate for more points, yet his minutes do not increase. Next year we will have playmakers and we will not need his points as badly. I figure if he doesn't start showing more effort, he could be outa here.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                      "misses" is being used as a player in the program thats not performing and all that.

Yeah but the reason for a lot of these misses is due to those players who chose not to come here - like the big man who picked Georgia over us.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                        Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

Yeah but the reason for a lot of these misses is due to those players who chose not to come here - like the big man who picked Georgia over us.
                        I agree

Its just there is a few different things/scenarios etc being thrown around in the thread.

Comment

Working...
                        X