Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu
    I don't want to get into the whole "Wendell" thing but to say this one time.

Wendell has done everything asked of him from day 1. You cannot point to one instance either on or off the court that he has done anything but be a great ambassador of WSU basketball. You have never seen him pound his heart, pull on his uniform or try to garner any attention for himself. He is the comsumate team player. He is a quiet, humble and honest young man who is going to get his degree and he deserves to get it right here. He tries as hard as any 2 guys in doing whatever it takes to make the team successful. He is a terrific student athlete.

We could do a hell of a lot worse than give another year of a scholarship to Wendell Preadom.

And, yes, I understand he is never going to be a scorer.

He is not a miss, imho.
    I concur. WP may never start a game, except on senior night (and I do hope he gets that chance), but I appreciate what this kid has brought to the WSU program.

Comment

Wendell has done everything asked of him from day 1. You cannot point to one instance either on or off the court that he has done anything but be a great ambassador of WSU basketball. You have never seen him pound his heart, pull on his uniform or try to garner any attention for himself. He is the comsumate team player. He is a quiet, humble and honest young man who is going to get his degree and he deserves to get it right here. He tries as hard as any 2 guys in doing whatever it takes to make the team successful. He is a terrific student athlete.

We could do a hell of a lot worse than give another year of a scholarship to Wendell Preadom.

He is not a miss, imho.
      I agree with everything you said except that he was a recruiting miss. I could recruit 13 great character guys to play at WSU and we could go winless. You have to recruit character AND talent.

He is not at all lacking in character, but he is lacking in basketball skill. He is athletic, but not athletic enough or tall enough to overcome his lack of skill.

I absolutely do agree that he should be here next year on scholarship. He has earned it. I am sure he will be a good ambassador for WSU the rest of his life. I will also be disappointed if he plays more than 6-8 minutes a game, because he just isn't very good.

Comment

Actually, I concur. Also, he has started several games, I believe.

Comment

Can't argue much at all there, McShocker.

Maggie, Wendell has started at least 2 games that I know of, but I too hope that he gets Sr night recognition.

Comment

I agree with Doc totally. How could anyone, in good conscience, deprive this young man of his senior season? I would be very ashamed of this university if that were to happen.

Comment

Can't argue much at all there, McShocker.

Maggie, Wendell has started at least 2 games that I know of, but I too hope that he gets Sr night recognition.
              If WP started a couple of times, good on him!! My only point was WP is a role player. I should have written consistent starter. No offense to WP but if he ends up starting a bunch of games, I will be seriously concerned about the state of the program.

Comment

He is not a miss, imho.
                Agree!

Comment

Give WP the ziggy. He can transfer get his degree and play immediately at Friends or Newman. Everyone wins.
                  Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

Dana Ford is a Grad. Asst. (I think he played at Ill. St right?) I've seen him work with those kids before. Ellis is a monster for an 8th grader. He's got a nice shot and can already dunk. Hopefully, we can keep working with him and get him here. One of the younger kids is a 6th grader, his little brother is a 4th grader. Not sure about the other kid. Their father is Ellis' AAU coach.

Comment

From a pure talent and skillset standpoint WP was a miss. Ask yourself if you would be exciting knowing that CGM was recruiting a similar player.

Comment

Think of it this way, a pretty good 2nd baseman that hits .111. That might bring it into perspective.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Wendell start his first game as a Shocker?

It's been a few years, but I think MT sat Sean for some reason.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                            seriously, what the hell was that for? I don't mean that as anything insulting. I'm just thinking who go possibly go.
                            Newshock gets his panties up in a wad if anyone remotely hints at saying anything negative about Gal, even if you didn't mean to say anything negative. He's Gal's mommy, cut him some slack.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

As for WP, I agree that he's done what has been asked of him and should be given a scholy for his senior year.

Now to say he was 'not a miss'.. I dunno about that. Honestly, WP hasn't panned out to what a lot of us were initially told about him. He plays pretty good D and can somewhat handle the point. I hate to call him a Craig Steven, but that's what he comes off as.

Great kid though. No doubt.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

He is not a miss, imho.

He takes care of the ball and is a great defender, plus Senior leadership. No reason to pull his schollie!

JT is going to get the 1 thing all players want. lots of minutes. 8) :posterwu: 8)
                                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X