I would like to see this happen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    I think they should stop accepting donations and just give seating based on loudness. We should all "occupy CKA."
    At some point, it may hurt the program and it may already be hurting the program in ways that aren't seen. When people that are passionate fans stop buying tickets and watching games on television because of costs. Fan bases have to be cultivated too or they slowly die out. Local, wealthy KU fans who buy tickets and are secondary WSU fans aren't really committed to the program.

Comment

No donors=no program.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        No donors=no program.
        Yes I think that everyone would agree with you that no donors would definitely hurt the program.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          Yes I think that everyone would agree with you that no donors would definitely hurt the program.
          Especially since we are competing against BcS conference teams that will soon be getting $20+ million a year just from the football TV contracts.

We can not afford to scare away big donors. We need to be finding new ways to get more and bigger donors to stay competitive.

Comment

yep

Comment

Does anyone know or have any idea how much more, if any, we are spending on salaries and benefits for the Men's basketball coaching staff this year vs what we were paying in 2007-08 (Jim Schaus's last year as Shocker AD)?

Comment

There is no doubt that raising money is extremely important and I want that to be as high as possible. However, unlike KU, WSU doesn't have an endless supply of strong fans who'll make sacrifices for the program, however small. I know that there are some people that aren't wealthy and past ticket holders who have ended their season tickets even though they have attended since the 1970's. They are the type of fans who went to the IBA game even though they had to park away from the arena and walk because they had another opportunity to go to a WSU game. I just hope that balance is done in accomplishing the task of reseating CKA. I can say from the top of the arena (Row 31), there is a lot of noise from people who enjoy Shocker hoops and are pretty loyal but can't afford lower tickets. The game on Wednesday is going to be great. I hope that it is well attended and/or at least an exciting crowd for a very important game. I'll sign off and listen off the air.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                  One problem is too many people wearing black, it looks like blank seats from a distance-I noticed this even though I have a 55" hd tv
                  I had someone ask me that on Twitter the other day, if I preferred black or yellow at a game, and I said Yellow. Exactly for the reason you stated. Sometimes when it's not a complete black out game, when people wear black, it tends to blend in with the empty seats. It's not a huge thing, or anything I'm saying should be done, it's just something to think about.

To the topic of corporate sponsors not using seats, I think it would be nice if they'd put them on the marketplace, or try a little harder to get someone to use the tickets. I wouldn't make it mandatory like some have said on here, that's just crazy, but it would be nice if those prime seats were occupied.
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                    I had someone ask me that on Twitter the other day, if I preferred black or yellow at a game, and I said Yellow. Exactly for the reason you stated. Sometimes when it's not a complete black out game, when people wear black, it tends to blend in with the empty seats. It's not a huge thing, or anything I'm saying should be done, it's just something to think about.

To the topic of corporate sponsors not using seats, I think it would be nice if they'd put them on the marketplace, or try a little harder to get someone to use the tickets. I wouldn't make it mandatory like some have said on here, that's just crazy, but it would be nice if those prime seats were occupied.
                    It would also be a nice gesture (besides making the arena look better on TV) if after the first media time out the ushers would go up to the top rows and invite some people down to fill the empty seats. All they have to tell them is if the season ticket holder does eventually show up is to go back to their regular seats.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                      It would also be a nice gesture (besides making the arena look better on TV) if after the first media time out the ushers would go up to the top rows and invite some people down to fill the empty seats. All they have to tell them is if the season ticket holder does eventually show up is to go back to their regular seats.
                      I really like that idea a lot. But I could see how that could cause some problems. In a perfect world, it would all work out though.
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                        A nice gesture, but probably not the best idea. This would ruffle up some feathers with those who fall in between those two brackets (like me). Reward those who donate little or no to SASO with 3rd row tickets?

There are better methods in solving this issue. But yes, it is an issue that needs to be addressed/fixed.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

good point

Comment

Maybe we can create a new Shocker Wave. Just have everyone move down a row until all of the empty seats are filled. That way everyone sitting behind the empty seats benefit.

It could be a new tradition. The PA announcer can announce during a time out that it is time to do the Shocker Wave, and everyone sitting behind a empty seat moves up a row. The moving keeps going until there is no one left to move up.

Comment

Or cheerleaders can do something to get the crowd amped up and choose the loudest and rowdiest fans and move them up.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                                Or cheerleaders can do something to get the crowd amped up and choose the loudest and rowdiest fans and move them up.

I like that idea. Fans earn their way up plus we get the rowdiest fans closer to the court.

Comment

Working...
                                X