I would like to see this happen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to see this happen...

Maybe there should be a "Lamest Fan" award, or "Lamest Section" award at the game, and they give the winners a coupon for a free cup of coffee somewhere. Show the people on the jumbo tron and then maybe others will cheer a little more to avoid being called out?

Somebody ought to be tracking empty seats and looking for trends. If the corporate owners aren't using them the Athletic Department should contact the ticket owners and ask them to make sure the seats are full for the next game.

Again, just tired of the lack of enthusiasm and empty seats for a team that is one of the best in the country.

I really like that idea. I am afraid my area would win hands down.

Comment

I just wish the corporate ticket owners would put their not-to-be-used tickets on Ticket Marketplace the day before a game. It would be great if there was a way that ticketholders had to actively print their ticket from Ticket Marketplace (or at least indicate on Ticket Marketplace that the ticket was going to be used) no earlier than the end of the preceding home game and no later than 24 hours preceding the ticketed game; othewise that ticket would be "released" for sale on Ticket Marketplace. Of course, the "seller" would receive credit just like sellers today, but any ticket spoken for and not used, would be a negative offset to such credits. Special arrangements could be made for persons traveling where the "between game deadline" could not be reasonable feasible.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
        I just wish the corporate ticket owners would put their not-to-be-used tickets on Ticket Marketplace the day before a game. It would be great if there was a way that ticketholders had to actively print their ticket from Ticket Marketplace (or at least indicate on Ticket Marketplace that the ticket was going to be used) no earlier than the end of the preceding home game and no later than 24 hours preceding the ticketed game; othewise that ticket would be "released" for sale on Ticket Marketplace. Of course, the "seller" would receive credit just like sellers today, but any ticket spoken for and not used, would be a negative offset to such credits. Special arrangements could be made for persons traveling where the "between game deadline" could not be reasonable feasible.
        I realize this could be posted in various threads, but I'll let it fly here... I guess you could say I'm coming to the defense of some of the "corporate ticket owners".

I know I’ve commented on this in the past, so I’ll touch on it again. There are numerous KU fans that have WSU season tickets. Where I park near the intersection of 21st and Hillside there are almost as many KU tags in the parking lot as there are WSU tags. It was KU vs. Missouri last night at 8:00 pm on ESPN (We’re talking College Game Day) in one of the most anticipated match-ups of the year. They’re bitter rivals and hate each other… KU fans are going to stay at home or watch the game at a bar. I’m not sure if a 7:00 pm game time would have made any difference to our attendance last night.

Remember, KU fans are KU FANS FIRST and many of their asses weren’t going to miss the game of the year. They could simply watch their alma mater (or the team they many of them wishes was their alma mater) and then watch the second half of the WSU game. Lets face it, when our games (KU/WSU) overlap, we’re going to have more no-shows… especially in the ‘so called’ corporate seat section. Attendance is also affected when K-State and WSU game overlap, however not as much. Not all WSU fans are WSU grads. Not all WSU fans are WSU fans first and I can live with that. I appreciate their support of my alma mater.

Additionally, the majority of these KU fans aren’t going to take the time to find someone to use their seats. Unfortunately, the people they associate with are also planning to watch the KU game of the year.

Of course if Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina or maybe even Gonzaga were in our league, the seats would probably be filled. Does it bother me? Hell yes, sure it does, but I’ve come to the conclusion that there isn’t one thing I can do about it. It is what it is, so I choose to try and get over it.

Although arenas are sold out for big games, there appears to be more empty seats all across the country. For instance, there were several premium seats sitting empty at yesterdays Maryland/North Carolina game. It’s just too damn easy to stay home and watch a game when there are a plethora of games being shown from 11:00 am – midnight almost daily.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          I realize this could be posted in various threads, but I'll let it fly here... I guess you could say I'm coming to the defense of some of the "corporate ticket owners".

I know I’ve commented on this in the past, so I’ll touch on it again. There are numerous KU fans that have WSU season tickets. Where I park near the intersection of 21st and Hillside there are almost as many KU tags in the parking lot as there are WSU tags. It was KU vs. Missouri last night at 8:00 pm on ESPN (We’re talking College Game Day) in one of the most anticipated match-ups of the year. They’re bitter rivals and hate each other… KU fans are going to stay at home or watch the game at a bar. I’m not sure if a 7:00 pm game time would have made any difference to our attendance last night.

Remember, KU fans are KU FANS FIRST and many of their asses weren’t going to miss the game of the year. They could simply watch their alma mater (or the team they many of them wishes was their alma mater) and then watch the second half of the WSU game. Lets face it, when our games (KU/WSU) overlap, we’re going to have more no-shows… especially in the ‘so called’ corporate seat section. Attendance is also affected when K-State and WSU game overlap, however not as much. Not all WSU fans are WSU grads. Not all WSU fans are WSU fans first and I can live with that. I appreciate their support of my alma mater.

Additionally, the majority of these KU fans aren’t going to take the time to find someone to use their seats. Unfortunately, the people they associate with are also planning to watch the KU game of the year.

Of course if Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina or maybe even Gonzaga were in our league, the seats would probably be filled. Does it bother me? Hell yes, sure it does, but I’ve come to the conclusion that there isn’t one thing I can do about it. It is what it is, so I choose to try and get over it.

Although arenas are sold out for big games, there appears to be more empty seats all across the country. For instance, there were several premium seats sitting empty at yesterdays Maryland/North Carolina game. It’s just too damn easy to stay home and watch a game when there are a plethora of games being shown from 11:00 am – midnight almost daily.
          KU never seems to stop screwing the Shockers.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Then I'm delighted to see they got exactly what they deserved. A total collapse beatdown by their most hated rival in what's likely to be the last game of the series.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I agree something needs to be done to get people in those "prime" seats.

Comment

Interesting perspective. Also local corporations mean well and are putting their money where their mouth is to support the Shox. If an occaisional 50 empty seats is what it takes to keep a Marshall caliber coach here, so be it!
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

The Wichita Symphony Orchestra used to have a program (and perhaps still do, I am not sure) that I think worked pretty well to handle unused season tickets. If a season ticket holder was not going to be able to use their tickets for any particular performance they could call in to the WSO office and release their tickets for resale. I don't remember how much notice was required but I don't think it was too onerous.

The WSO would then resale those released tickets. In addition, the season ticket holder would receive an acknowledgment of the tax deductible gift made to the WSO for the value of the released tickets.

Comment

A few years ago they started charging you several bucks per seat just to "reprint" tickets in the event you accidentally forget them.

Once that started I decided I wasn't going to pay to give my seats away when I couldnt make it last minute. I'd prefer to leave an empty seat than buy the same seat twice.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Again, all the Athletic Department has to do is call the habitual non attendees before each game.

Comment

Let me get this right. 1) Shame people that pay SASO and buy tickets because they don't cheer to the level of someone's expectations. 2) Call out corporate donors because they don't fill up the seats they've paid for. 3) Pester corporate donors to make sure their seats are used or have them contact WSU in some way to let them know they can sell those tickets (when these same donors take no extra time now regarding the seats). 4) Risk p*s*ing off SASO donors and corporate owners who, to some, are obviously not true ardent WSU fans to the point they may tell WSU to go fly a kite and pull their support. All this to have it look better on TV?

I don't like the empty seats either, but they've paid for that right. They are keeping my donation level at a workable amount, yet still allow WSU to afford a top coaching staff, top facilities to attract players, and provide top travel means for current players. In the words and song of Fagin in "Oliver!", I'd suggest .... "I'm reviewing the situation.... I think I better think it out again."

Comment

What @ShockTalk: said.

I also dont like the empty seats, but i refuse to tell people what to do with what they pay for. Especially when it helps the program much more than what 2 hrs on the deuce does.

Comment

I thought the crowd was above average last night especially in the 2nd half . I watched the replay of the game this afternoon to get a perspective of what the crowd like on tv - it also came across as pretty good crowd on tv. And you could see the crowd standing up alot in the 2nd half. So this seems much ado about nothing.

Comment

One problem is too many people wearing black, it looks like blank seats from a distance-I noticed this even though I have a 55" hd tv
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                              X