No announcement yet.

Garrett Stutz Joins the 1000 Point Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Job Garrett Stutz. You continue to improve your game and you have not reached your potential yet. We will ride your back to the Dance and let's hope we stay on the dance floor for a few games. Last night, I think you got EVERY defensive rebound in the last 10 minutes of the game. Glad your 1000th point came on a drive and dunk. With the left hand.

Comment

It has been a pleasure to watch Garrett grow over the last few years, and right now, he is playing some ball. He has matured into quite a player. What a signature game for him to reach a 1,000 points, 24 points, 15 rebounds, and 5 blocks. Way to go Garrett.

Comment

Few years back when my kid was in camps there, wsu sold 1000 point shirts...we had 2 of them...burns and howard.

Comment

I thought maybe something was mentioned? It was on the drive and dunk and Hall did the normal "dunk brought to you by..." then after that statement continued into something like "and with that basket..." but it was so loud in the arena at that time that I couldn't hear it. I know the talking after the basket went on longer than normal, but couldn't hear it over the crowd.

Comment

Garrett Stutz is the epitome of a student athlete that has went way beyond the call of duty to repesent our fine University with the upmost class and dignity. This includes his own efforts on his personal time to excel as a Shocker on the court as well. Last night was a great milestone with a twist of personal best achievements such as the 5 blocks in one game that helped in leading us to victory. He was a rebounding machine last night and we needed every one of them to win. When he was a Frosh. did you ever think you would see the day he would get a monster dunk like the one recently? How about him driving all the way to the basket from the top of the key and dunking it as he has done a few times? Yes, Mr. Stutz has come along way as a quality young man and a player. We will probably never totally understand the sacrifices that our student athletes put in, especially the special ones like Garrett that put their team first and work very hard to do their part.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn View Post
              I thought maybe something was mentioned? It was on the drive and dunk and Hall did the normal "dunk brought to you by..." then after that statement continued into something like "and with that basket..." but it was so loud in the arena at that time that I couldn't hear it. I know the talking after the basket went on longer than normal, but couldn't hear it over the crowd.
              I hope you're right and I am wrong, and if so I will offer sincere apologies. I just listened to the audio replay off Shockerradio and it's too loud and garbled to say one way or the other. Garrett was owning the game at that point on both ends of the court.

I look forward to more feedback on this.

Comment

In MVC games only, Stutz is up to 18.0 ppg, 9.42 RPG and 1.42 blocks per game.

Dougie McD is averaging 21.69 ppg and 8.54 RPG in MVC play.

Comment

Stutz should be the one getting metion for Valley Player of the year. He is having a better season than Dougie or mr chest pump.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    I hope you're right and I am wrong, and if so I will offer sincere apologies. I just listened to the audio replay off Shockerradio and it's too loud and garbled to say one way or the other. Garrett was owning the game at that point on both ends of the court.

I look forward to more feedback on this.
                    I just heard Dave Hall with his usual ******** dunk sponsor and that was it. I didn't recall hearing anything noting the milestone. I did DVR the game and will check it later for confirmation..

Don't get your hopes up.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The difference in aggressiveness by Stutz between the 1st & 2nd half was night & day. Bring that intensity every half and the sky is the limit big fella!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        I just heard Dave Hall with his usual ******** dunk sponsor and that was it. I didn't recall hearing anything noting the milestone. I did DVR the game and will check it later for confirmation..

Don't get your hopes up.
                        I was listening for it as I knew that was 1000, I know there was more than the usual dunk promotion, but had no chance of hearing what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn View Post
                          I was listening for it as I knew that was 1000, I know there was more than the usual dunk promotion, but had no chance of hearing what it was.
                          I was listening for it to. I think he did say something, but it was loud at that time and Don Hall sounded garbled to me.

They should have announced it again during the next media time out and given the crowd a chance to respond.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                            I was listening for it to. I think he did say something, but it was loud at that time and Don Hall sounded garbled to me.

They should have announced it again during the next media time out and given the crowd a chance to respond.
                            Wait a minute, you mean get the crowd pumped up during a timeout?! How could that possibly be any better than bouncing ping pong balls into a bucket?

Comment

Congrats to GS!
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

A couple of things about the game last night. I will disagree that the difference between the two halves that GS had was due to aggressivness...he was tough in both but they just did not fall in the first half. Did anyone see him shake off the congratulatory efforts by the bench when he came off the court in the first half? He was pi**ed. I have never seen him like that. When the Shox needed the crowd the crowd responded and I really believe has a huge factor in the trees not being able to score and ultimately turned it over or got a poor shot. The game would have been awsome if the crowd was into every possession (perhaps like the florida state game) but this was a good warm up for the next home games. Congratulations on GS reaching the mile stone and for being a stellar representative to our Alma Mater.

Comment

Working...
                                X