Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garrett Stutz Joins the 1000 Point Club

Congratulations big fella!
    The team has climbed aboard the senior's back and is riding him down the stretch and Garrett's broad shoulders are winning the day.

Now, I've stayed mostly quiet while others on here have voiced their concern about this going wrong and that being mismanaged. I understand a lot of the ins and outs of what everyone does and few of us, especially me, are anywhere near perfect.

But how in THE HELL do you not at least mention Garrett hits 1000 tonight????!!!!!

Nobody knew???!!! NOBODY??????

I know Mike Kennedy mentioned it at least a couple of times after the game, and I suspect he knew about during the game, but not on the PA system.

I want someone held accountable. I don't know if Don Hall (I doubt it) screwed up, but someone did and that someone owes Garrett and his family, who I think were in attendance tonight, a HUGE APOLOGY.

And I would hope ADES would lead the way.

There have been a bunch of low grade, amateurish things, and this ranks right up there. I am embarrassed for the department tonight.

I'm with you and would like this if I could on mobile
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I have to plead ignorance- was this done for Toure?

Comment

Originally posted by JaminShock View Post
        Yes, as it should have been.

Comment

Originally posted by JaminShock View Post
          Yes.

Comment

Garrett had one of his most complete games ever as a Shocker and what a team player. I can remember him cheering hard from the bench as he was still coming off the bench not many moons ago. He does what is asked of him, and he puts the team first. Not only does he carry us on his shoulders, our opponents have jumped on his back without any pentalties at times and throw so many double and triple teams his way. Guess what? If Garrett is not in foul trouble and on the floor, the Valley can't handle him. He is in a smokin hot zone right now that makes us as Shocker fans very very happy for him and our beloved Shocks. What a class act this young man has been for our Program and I am very glad he is on OUR TEAM!!!!!!

Thanks to Doc for posting this needed thread!!!!!!!
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Yes, as it should have been.
              In that case, 100% inexcusable. An apology is needed pronto.

Comment

Mr. Stutz was around the 41st Shocker to accomplish this awesome feat of all of the Shockers ever. He has silenced the critics and gained respect from our foes with the improvement he has displayed this Season. The best is yet to come!!!!!!!
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Congratulations on a great accomplishment Garrett. Boy have you come a long way. We've watched you grow from a gangly boy into quite a young man.

Damn, I just wished 3G had been more focused on the future and had redshirted you as a freshman. Nevertheless, Shocker fans are very proud of you and the young man you have become. We thank you for all your hard work and dedication.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    Damn, I just wished 3G had been more focused on the future and had redshirted you as a freshman. Nevertheless, Shocker fans are very proud of you and the young man you have become. We thank you for all your hard work and dedication.

Kid's a better man than he is a basketball player....and right now he's a heck of a basketball player.

72', that's a little tough on 3G, and I say that for this reason; coming out of a 20 loss season, there was pressure to win right then. We needed Garrett his FR season, bad. There was a plan to get Ehimen in here and then redshirt Garrett his SO. year, but since EO didn't arrive as planned, that plan dissolved. But can you even imagine Stutz as a JR right now....scary.

Comment

Perhaps but 3G came into a situation where he really was not going to win with or without Garrett that year and that really was not on Coach Marshall. It was simply the situation he inherited and Garrett wasn't really ready for D-1 ball at the point either. But it is what it is. In any case, Garrett is having a super senior season. Hope he can keep it up deep into the post-season.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Damn, I just wished 3G had been more focused on the future and had redshirted you as a freshman.
                        If "if and buts" were "candy and nuts" we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

:bi_polo:
                        I think Pringles original intention was to make tennis balls... but on the day the rubber was supposed to show up a truckload of potatoes came. Pringles is a laid-back company, so they just said, "**** it, cut em up!" - MH

Comment

Great thread. Another embarrassing f**kup by the Sexton Administration. Hey Eric, instead of weaseling around during the game, why don't you make sure your damn people know what's going on on the floor? You know stuff like Shocker players scoring 1000 points in their career? I'm so over this embarrassing athletic department, it's not even funny.

Congrats to Garrett though. He really has come on strong and his 1000th points couldn't have come at a better sequence.. with AUTHORITY.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

From the Indiana State message board:

Wish we had a seven footer with that kind of game - at any point in the last three decades.
                            and another:

Come on, there's only one reason we lost this game, and it's not Carl or JP or Lansing. It was that beast named Garret Stutz. I think we might be watching him on TNT over the next few years. We just simply don't have anyone who can stop him when he's playing well, and he played really well tonight.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 5, 2012, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Congrats to GS! Job well done!

Comment

Working...
                              X