X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gal Mekel

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
    Originally posted by ShockerFever
    I was blasted on here for calling him out a couple nights ago..

Tonight, he got a 10 second violation called on him.

He scored 2 points? I believe on 2 free throws.

The offense had zero flow to it.

The crowd practically had to yell at him to get down the floor considering we needed points quickly.

I'd like to hear back from the peanut gallery on this one..
    People like you make me so freaking angry.
    After we lost.
    I was fuming mad.
    and not at Gal, not at HCGM
    but i knew id get on this freaking board tonight and read people blaming gal for our loss.
    Its always gal.
    Even though Matt takes 10 seconds every possesion to get it up court.
    Even though gal has turned it over once int he last 3 games.
    Its always gal.
    GAL is our worst player
    blah blah blah.
    Maybe if he didnt have people yelling at hima bout how worthless he is every time he hodls the ball hed have more confidence.

Heres a question?
    u say shoot it less?
    WHO ELSE DO YOU WANT TO TAKE 7 shots.
    7 compared to PJs 16.....
    Matt is out
    so is Ramon.

Gal misses 7 shots.
    turns it over once. in a game where we led once in the first half.
    Gal took one shot int he first half.

Its always gal.

Gal has told me, that he never reads the paper Gal never turns ont he news.
    he never listens to the radio, and he sure as heck doesnt get on here is what he told me.

And can we blame him?

Its always Gal.
    and its rediculous.

Do you ever think that its a freaking teamsport

Gal is shooting 97percent from the FT line
    Gal has taken hardly any shots lately because hes focusing so hard to please you guys and not turn it over.

I knew when we lost that people would blame gal.

Open your freaking eyes.
    And how bout from now one we yell at matt every posession to get it downt he court.
    I was fairly happy with Gal last night, so I agree with you.

As far as bringing it up slowly it was a little frustrating to watch, but it could be that Marshall wants it that way with him because it seems he turns it over the most when he tries to push it. I'll give him a pass as at least he hasn't turned it over as much. It was obvious that Illinois St was really working him to get turnovers and it didn't work in their favor. I mean why else would they put pressure on Gal the whole way up the court but the minute our freshman walk-on guard gets in they back way off. They felt Gal was vulnerable in the open court after scouting us and Gal did good at preventing the horrible turnovers leading to easy layups.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Smooth ... You made some good points, although when 28 seconds are on the clock, you can not afford 7-9 seconds bringing up court, 5-6 seconds might give you the 2-3 seconds that could be the difference in the game.
      I guess an example might be JJ Redick in this situation.

Gal did okay, but he doesn't get help where it is needed. We have too many role players, and not enough creaters! White boys can jump, at least Phil can, but not too many of them have last second quick faking moves that enable them to finish a bucket, and therefore they get blocked. Where, oh where, are we going to be next year without PJ, who is the only truie athletic person on the team, that can get it done.

Gal is pretty fast sometimes, but only after, the ball is in the opponents half. Although, Clemente has some moves, and JT has some Offensive moves.

Gris and Ellis have been challenged, and are responding, but I do not think they have the full realization of just how much effort they have to put out to be succesful at D-1 ball.

We were very lucky to be within 3 points last night considering the Offense of both teams, and although the 'Zone' defense has pluses, it certainly has its minuses with a good 3 point shooting team, as we witnessed last night.
      Boo had all the room to get his offense going last night, and plenty of room for 3 point shots.

Although we fought hard under the basket, we do not have the height to dominate the paint, as Slack showed us last night, and will not with other conference opponents either, i.e., SIU, Creighton, UNI

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
        Where, oh where, are we going to be next year without PJ, who is the only truie athletic person on the team, that can get it done.
        It is my hope that Hawkins will be able to mitigate the loss of PJ next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
          Smooth ... You made some good points, although when 28 seconds are on the clock, you can not afford 7-9 seconds bringing up court, 5-6 seconds might give you the 2-3 seconds that could be the difference in the game.
          I guess an example might be JJ Redick in this situation.
          Snapshot, sign this Redick fellow up ASAP. I can't remember the specifics of the last play but if I had to guess... I think Gal did make it over in approximately 6 seconds and look how that play worked out. It was mass chaos and out of sink. Now the need for three consecutive dribbles between the legs taking it up is another point I am not defending. Interesting note, the two worst possessions of the game were at the end of both halves by the shox. In both of these key opportunities, Gal had the ball and was unable to create. I don't think Gal is a creator, but I am not complaining about that because he never has been.
          Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
            From all accounts, he is solid.
            Jocks & Jills
            3236 N. Rock Rd
            Wichita, KS 67226
            316-260-9800
            http://www.jocks-jills.com
            http://www.myspace.com/jocksandjills

Comment

Originally posted by J&J-Ryan
              Originally posted by Maggie
              From all accounts, he is solid.
              I know. But as a Chiefs, Royals, WSU & Knicks fan, I have learned to temper my expectations.

Notwithstanding, I expect Hawkins to have a positive impact right away next year. He will start at the 2 or the 3 spot.

Comment

The crowd practically had to yell at him to get down the floor considering we needed points quickly.

After we lost.
                I was fuming mad.
                but i knew id get on this freaking board tonight and read people blaming gal for our loss.
                Its always gal.
                Its always gal.
                GAL is our worst player
                blah blah blah.
                Maybe if he didnt have people yelling at hima bout how worthless he is every time he hodls the ball hed have more confidence.

Heres a question?
                u say shoot it less?
                Matt is out
                so is Ramon.

Gal misses 7 shots.

Its always gal.

he never listens to the radio, and he sure as heck doesnt get on here is what he told me.

And can we blame him?

Its always Gal.
                and its rediculous.

Gal has taken hardly any shots lately because hes focusing so hard to please you guys and not turn it over.

Open your freaking eyes.
                And how bout from now one we yell at matt every posession to get it downt he court.
                Wow.

I guess I can never criticize a player on here again. Because criticism is a bad, bad thing. I forgot that this is Positive Central and you can only say things with yellow-colored glasses on. For once, I see how KCShox feels at times now. And if you read anything I said in here at all, instead of just seeing the topic and blind posting, you would've saw that I wasn't blaming Gal for the loss.

Let me guess. You're the one who wears the Israeli flag as a cape?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock

It probably wasn't fair for me to comment on that play, seeing how I was unable to attend the game.
                  I am befuddled :roll: why there are some who come on to SN and continue to post stuff when they didn't even watch the game. This is not the first time anybody been taking shots and "oh, BTW and I didn't even see the game...".

And if you really had listened to the game, Coach Marshall explained the breakdown and it wasn't because of Gal. :oops:
                  That's the only game I've missed this year. I've seen enough games (all of last year) and all but one of this year to know how Gal plays. I did listen to the game, but being frustrated I turned off the radio after the final horn so I was unable to hear Marshall's response.

MK described it simply as a pass that Gal couldn't handle and he turned it over out of bounds off his finger tips. So sue me (or Mike).
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

After we lost.
                    I was fuming mad.
                    Its always gal.
                    Its always gal.
                    GAL is our worst player
                    blah blah blah.

Heres a question?
                    u say shoot it less?
                    Matt is out
                    so is Ramon.

Gal misses 7 shots.

Its always gal.

And can we blame him?

Its always Gal.
                    and its rediculous.

Open your freaking eyes.
                    Wow.

I guess I can never criticize a player on here again. Because criticism is a bad, bad thing. I forgot that this is Positive Central and you can only say things with yellow-colored glasses on. For once, I see how KCShox feels at times now. And if you read anything I said in here at all, instead of just seeing the topic and blind posting, you would've saw that I wasn't blaming Gal for the loss.

Oh boy. That makes so much sense. That is the dude who wheres the Israeli flag. This dude has a hard on for Gal, so him going off like this on ShockerNet makes perfect sense.
                    ________
                    HALFBAKED
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Originally posted by goshocks

After we lost.
                      I was fuming mad.
                      Its always gal.
                      Its always gal.
                      GAL is our worst player
                      blah blah blah.

Heres a question?
                      u say shoot it less?
                      Matt is out
                      so is Ramon.

Gal misses 7 shots.

Its always gal.

And can we blame him?

Its always Gal.
                      and its rediculous.

Open your freaking eyes.
                      Wow.

Oh boy. That makes so much sense. That is the dude who wheres the Israeli flag. This dude has a hard on for Gal, so him going off like this on ShockerNet makes perfect sense.
                      is that really apporiate for you to say, does that make you feel better, i guess that makes you a better person now that you had to make a comment like that.
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234

After we lost.
                        I was fuming mad.
                        Its always gal.
                        Its always gal.
                        GAL is our worst player
                        blah blah blah.

Heres a question?
                        u say shoot it less?
                        Matt is out
                        so is Ramon.

Gal misses 7 shots.

Its always gal.

And can we blame him?

Its always Gal.
                        and its rediculous.

Open your freaking eyes.
                        Wow.

is that really apporiate for you to say, does that make you feel better, i guess that makes you a better person now that you had to make a comment like that.
                        Well, judging by his rambling, repeating, and incoherent reaction, I'd say it does make some sense.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

After we lost.
                          I was fuming mad.
                          Its always gal.
                          Its always gal.
                          GAL is our worst player
                          blah blah blah.

Heres a question?
                          u say shoot it less?
                          Matt is out
                          so is Ramon.

Gal misses 7 shots.

Its always gal.

And can we blame him?

Its always Gal.
                          and its rediculous.

Open your freaking eyes.
                          Wow.

Well, judging by his rambling, repeating, and incoherent reaction, I'd say it does make some sense.
                          go ahead stay up Brett Michaels behind, you mush have thing for him, since you think hes a better player than gal
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

go ahead stay up Brett Michaels behind, you mush have thing for him, since you think hes a better player than gal
                            That was a good one.

Please find a quote that says what you said was true.

I swear some of you are too easy seeing how you just have to try and make stuff up and pull things out of thin air to try and make a point.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I didn't read this whole thread nor do I plan to. I did want to make a quick comment though.

I was ashamed of a good portion of the fan base last night at the game. The constant yelling at Gal is getting old. He's just a kid, he is not a Pro athlete. Stop yelling at him like he's a pro!

I mean he's getting yelled at when he's not doing anything wrong now. I remember more than once, there were over 5 seconds left to clear the back court and people were yelling at him to hurry up. It got to the point where people were yelling the moment he touched the ball.

If you want to yell at someone, yell at the coach for playing him. But please stop making the whole fan base look bad by taking out frustrations on our own players at home games.

That's all I have to say on the matter.

Comment

I am not going to read this whole thread either but I would like to add the following: It is my understanding that Mekel was not booed, per se, but there were lots of collective groans and some yelling. I think you people at the games might consider cutting the kid a little slack and actually supporting Mekel.

Because he could be the PG for a couple of games (or longer) and I suspect he needs the fans support.

Comment

Working...
                                X