X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The good - team energy
    The bad - defensive rebounding especially MU and Wade
    The ugly - lack of an inside offensive threat and again, MU and Wade
    Have to win the next two at home and at the very least one of the following three
    Long term ( next year ) we need at least one quality big man transfer and for JB to develop quickly

Comment

• 1. Houston is longer and they play angry
      2. PG AG plays selfish too much
      3. Dex needs to learn to dribble
      4. JoBu needs more minutes. What's the downside?
      5. CJax gets outboarded on a FT, then comes down to shoot a 28-footer
      6. we got a bad whistle
      7. the Houston announcers were pretty good
      8. We don't foul with 40 seconds to go, but we foul with 9 seconds??
      9. If we could cut down on bad shots.........

Comment

• Effort was there... execution from 17:35 2nd half on...well, you watched it.
        IB has good rapport with his players, but some of his in game decisions, remind me of his mentor.
        #1 - JB came in the first half and had good minutes. Couldn't find him with a search warrant in the 2nd half. If he was hurt, then I'll give him a pass.
        #2- Whoever is designated to work with the interior players on this team isn't getting it done. The lack of rebounding basics with both MU and IPB is embarrassing and border on HS level.
        Case in point - both players watch the ball in flight during a shot instead of moving and working for position.
        Every time.
        #3 - MU has no explosion off the floor.
        As in zero.
        Like he has a 110 lb sack of rocks on his back.
        And he has the BBIQ of a frog. His intentional foul towards the end was dumb and I mean HS JV player dumb.

Trey Wade is one of those players who will have a good game...and then the next game like tonight. But at least he works hard.

TE better gets used to being grabbed, held, pinched and generally mugged every game. Cause other than some 'O' help from DD, they are not a hard to team to scout.
        When you don't have to be concerned with any paint offense, its not hard to call your defense.

Funny thing - last year, WSU saw lots of zone, due to the interior presence of JE. Now, this year with zero inside play, it's all man to man.
        And it's not going to change anytime soon.

That is all.
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• The thing I liked that IB did different from GM is he wasn’t using many screens and no pick and rolls. That never worked against Houston. But this group of guys is totally different than last year. We now have leaders.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Houston handed us our worst lost in 17 years last season and you think this team, that competed all game and lost by 7, looked worse?!?
            I think you misunderstood his post. Never mind.
            Last edited by WeWillShockU; January 6, 2021, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• The announcers were fine besides reminding everyone Houston was going for a 6th straight win against us. That probably got mentioned 5 or 6 times. We get it. Houston has owned WSU the last few years.

Comment

• Final score was about what I thought it would be. I didn’t expect to win going into the game but it was a disappointing result after being up 10 in the second half.

Dexter, Gilbert, and...Trey maybe? each had a three that rimmed in and out during their 16-0 run in the second half while Gorman couldn’t miss. Any one of those goes in and maybe we settle down a little more.

I thought Tyson forced a little too much this game.

Trey needed to hit more of his open looks.

I like Jackson but he is just not ready for a team like Houston. His mental errors seem to compound upon each other quickly.

Gilbert’s turnover when we cut it to 4 really hurt.

It goes without saying but Houston is really good. They play suffocating defense, rebound like their life depends on it (and jump all over backs), and are incredible at getting in the lane and hitting pull up jumpers and floaters.

All in all we competed much better and looked liked we belong in the gym with a really good team. A win in the game at Koch isn’t guaranteed. Still a lot to clean up and work on but now they know the kind of effort it’s going to take if they want to beat the best team in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                  The announcers were fine besides reminding everyone Houston was going for a 6th straight win against us. That probably got mentioned 5 or 6 times. We get it. Houston has owned WSU the last few years.
                  Yeah Reid Gettys has been around for awhile. He is Houston through and through, but I remember him doing the Saturday afternoon Big12 games back in the day when they were only regional.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post

Possibly a reason why no one wanted to pick him up when he went into the transfer portal this summer?
                    Quite true.
                    He thought KL was going to help him @ Minnesota, but didn't find a welcome mat rolled out when he called.
                    He is Valley level and getting lots of playing time due to lack of AAC ready players. He would find life a lot better at say, Southern Illinois.
                    Don't think he is a bad guy or locker room cancer, just not AAC level or have the potential to get there.

That is all.
                    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      AG is now 9-36 from three on the year. By comparison RC4, C-Jack, Poor Bear and Jayden are a combined 14-30 combined on threes. OTOH Trey is 5-27 and the Wade brothers are a combined 6-33.
                      In my opinion its not fair to link the Wade Brothers together for 3 point percentage. Trevin hardly gets to play. But Tre shooting 5-27 is terrible. Many of those shots are wide open threes. This team needs another player that can consistently knock down 3's. It might be CP, RC or CJ. Those open 3 have to be knocked down. !!!!!

Comment

• Disappointed but not discouraged. They played hard but made correctable mistakes. We need to win Sunday. Can we beat the bushes in the student body and get a center for this year? I would start Poor Bear and use Jo B as back up. Mo just can’t get it done against legit teams. That Gorham dude is relentless on the boards and we couldn’t stop Grimes without Dex on him.

Comment

• Houston indeed has dudes. We have more and better dudes than last year, but not Houston-level dudes.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

In my opinion its not fair to link the Wade Brothers together for 3 point percentage. Trevin hardly gets to play. But Tre shooting 5-27 is terrible. Many of those shots are wide open threes. This team needs another player that can consistently knock down 3's. It might be CP, RC or CJ. Those open 3 have to be knocked down. !!!!!
                            It would be nice if things could click for Jackson sooner than later. I think he just has more raw ability than Trey but he’s just too unreliable on the little things to have on the floor for too long against teams like Houston.

Comment

• If Bilau can turn into a dude, and honestly I thought he should have played more in the second half, I feel reallll good about our future. Need him to develop nicely and bring in another 6’9-6’11 mobile, athletic run and jump center that’s got a mean streak. I understand those guys don’t grow on trees though. I’m also pretty optimistic about Seymour’s future too. He’s looked promising in limited minutes.

Comment

• Just got back from the game. Don’t really wanna type out a long drawn out observation, but I was glad we played tough and kept it respectable. We have a lot to learn as a team and have a lot of upside still. I like Gilbert but have never seen a guy play smaller than Gilbert. Dude has no ups whatsoever and no confidence once he gets in the paint. I do like his ball handling, speed and penetrating abilities.
                                Last edited by Dan; January 6, 2021, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X