Wichita State vs. #11 Houston Game Thread 1-6-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Definitely a post made in the moment. Probably true. Think 7th is insanely low though.
    We are likely top 3 this year based on the way teams are playing currently

Comment

• Our run at the end of the 1st half was with Bilau on the court. He didn’t sniff the court the rest of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

That’s when the ride turned. He’s got too much shoot in him and not enough pass.
        Blind man can see it. It would be different if he could shoot. But he is shooting 66% from the free throw line. Fuk that. And do not get me started on this 3 point percentage. I do not know what he is doing in practice but he needs to spend extra hours shooting. When Dexter and TE are the focus of other teams he needs to carry his dam weight.

I am disgusted with Tre Wade. Cant rebound, can't shoot and the basketball IQ of a box of rocks. MU didn't even show up tonight. I know Houston is ranked but we could of beat them if we just had a little more basketball IQ and made open shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Re read what I said. Not what I said.
          Ah I see now. Glad you're not as down on the team as I first thought. My bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
            RC4 was guarding Grimes, hmm. Don’t get that one.
            Tough matchup for the frosh and he got schooled. During one stretch mid second half Monzy was trying to guard Jareau at the same time and they both got worked. My thought was what did the bench expect.

Comment

• Box score for the Houston Cougars vs. Wichita State Shockers NCAAM game from January 6, 2021 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

TE had 25, but it felt like less.....7 boards for Poo......3 TOs for PG AG, felt like more......

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                Our run at the end of the 1st half was with Bilau on the court. He didn’t sniff the court the rest of the game.
                Totally agree. I think IPBC played ok, but MU can shut up. He did nothing tonight. He played like a little scared girl.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  Well we’ve heard a lot of complimentary comments regarding IBs’s handling of his players, allowing them a lot of freedom in making plays. I’ve heard a couple of comments on SNet regarding Alterique Gilbert being selfish.

Question: Is it freedom to make plays or selfishness?
                  There was a possession in the 2nd half where it was clear soon after AG crossed half court that no other player was going to touch the ball. That's selfishness.

Comment

• TE led us in rebounds.
                    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• So much for the balance scoring continuing in the 2nd half. Tyson and Dex score 29 of the Shockers 32 points in the 2nd half on 8-15 shooting. The rest of the Shocks were 1-11 from the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Either way, much of it is stupid. He's not a good enough outside shooter to shoot as much as he does. He's much better breaking things down and getting in the paint. However, sometimes he decides that's what he's going to do and sticks with it no matter what, which leads to over dribbling and typically turnovers. He needs to play smarter and pick his spots.
                        Just raising a question about IBs strengths as a coach. I think that rebounding is another weakness that isn’t being addressed like it should be. Some how the standard needs to be established and then re-established when necessary.

Accountability. The great coaches establish it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Definitely a post made in the moment. Probably true. Think 7th is insanely low though.
                          I get it. I didn't mean to throw shade your way, just that I like our chances next year.

Comment

• On to Cincy. Glad Cumberland was gone. Wonder who the next anointed one will be...

Comment

• IB shouldn't start MU unless he can get more rebounds than fouls in the previous game. Sheeesh
                              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• And it's time to put Chandler in the starting lineup. Udeze isn't going to get better at actual basketball. Kudos to him for fixing his FTs, but nothing else has improved.

Comment

Working...
                                X