No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. #11 Houston Game Thread 1-6-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC4 was guarding Grimes, hmm. Don’t get that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      This game turned and was over when we fired up 3 straight forced guarded 3s with no probing or attacking of the UH D early in the 2nd half up 10 with the ball. They went 3, 2, 4, 3 and it was ballgame. Have to be more composed than that.
      Freedom to make plays or Undisciplined? Freedom is IB’s strength.

Comment

• Not upset with effort just lost our way for a bit but Houston makes a lot of teams look bad. Keep on digging we’ll be alright

Comment

• Lots of teaching moments on this film session. Still UH left the door open with. 3+ minutes left we had 3 empty trips with the Cougs kind of on their heels but came up empty every time. Score 2 out 3 and who knows. No magic tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
            Same as you guys, disappointed cuz it shouldn’t have gotten that far off.

But we looked so much worse against a Houston team that probably wasn’t as good last year. So hard to know for sure.
            Houston handed us our worst lost in 17 years last season and you think this team, that competed all game and lost by 7, looked worse?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
              We can win this league
              I think you are right...next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Houston handed us our worst lost in 17 years last season and you think this team, that competed all game and lost by 7, looked worse?!?
                Re read what I said. Not what I said.

Comment

• We use our full lineup in the first half. Why not continue to use them throughout the 2nd half? Especially when AG and MU were terrible?

Edit...and i can add TW

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                    Well we’ve heard a lot of complimentary comments regarding IBs’s handling of his players, allowing them a lot of freedom in making plays. I’ve heard a couple of comments on SNet regarding Alterique Gilbert being selfish.

Question: Is it freedom to make plays or selfishness?
                    Either way, much of it is stupid. He's not a good enough outside shooter to shoot as much as he does. He's much better breaking things down and getting in the paint. However, sometimes he decides that's what he's going to do and sticks with it no matter what, which leads to over dribbling and typically turnovers. He needs to play smarter and pick his spots.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I feel much more hopeful about this team than I did about last seasons. The team literally gave up last year.

Comment

• Mo Udeze - zero points, 4 fouls, 3 rebounds. Impressive. If this team had some consistent production at the 5 spot, man what a difference that could make.

Comment

• Our month of January schedule is brutal. See how we are in February.

Comment

• I feel really pissed about how we lost. The game was ours to win if we just had more discipline, took better shots and better care of the ball. I know the difference in rebounds is pretty small, but think about how many offensive rebounds we gave up. It’s just infuriating to think about.

With all that said..... the more rational side of me is thinking more positively. We were never out of the game, and probably even played our best 25 minutes of basketball this year. All the talent is there, the right pieces are there. We just have to put together a full 40 minutes. We can compete with anybody, we just need to finish the job

Comment

• Anyone see any reason why we moved DD off Grimes in the second half? Seemed like we had a pretty good thing going there. But what do I know? I can’t be too upset with this outcome, but that game was extremely winnable. Oh well.
                              Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I think you are right...next year.
                                Definitely a post made in the moment. Probably true. Think 7th is insanely low though.

Comment

Working...
                                X