Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed
    replied
    WSU may want to join the Y league. I hear there are some alum that hang out there. And they'd get games.

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I guess my question about a post Christmas game is when did the players leave and when did they return? Even if they got back on the 26th that’s only four days from return to the next scheduled game. Is it feasible or wise to try and squeeze something in there? I don't know.
    The recommendation for college basketball was not for the players to break whatever bubble they are in and go home for Christmas. Some adhered to it (and have been playing games during this period) and others like Duke took a break and sent their players home for Christmas. I don't know what WSU did.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Interesting comment about the makeup game. Looks like if they can't make it work, ECU will come here and play 2 instead of us going there in February. Hmmmm…….

Leave a comment:

• Ashockalypse
    replied
    Wish we would not have bothered with Newman. Can’t see the value.

Leave a comment:

• Ted Lasso's Neighbor
    replied
    Looks like they're bumping capacity up to 15% -https://goshockers.com/news/2020/12/28/mens-basketball-shockers-fill-schedule-hole-with-newman.aspx

Sedgwick County has granted permission for 15 percent arena capacity (1,575 fans) – up from 10 percent on Dec. 18. WSU will contact season ticket holders who are eligible for seats, based on SASO priority points. Single-game tickets will not be sold.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

While I get what your saying and don't necessarily disagree my own preference would to throw them out there to see who are the take
    charge type of guys. Right now these guys are happy to play their limited roles and lean on the established players. I'd like to see
    them when THEY don't have the established guys to lean on. Who will emerge as leaders and scorers?
    I think we kind of already know that. Leader -- CP02; Scorer -- RC4; Glue Guy -- C-Jack.

IMHO what most of them need to some degree or another is refinement in their games including their BBIQ. I think that is more likely to come with playing with more refined and hopefully disciplined players. OTOH, it is only 1 game so whichever way IHCIB goes it won't make us or break us.

Leave a comment:

• asiseeit
    replied
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

My preference would be to work in the newcomers throughout most of the game with the more experienced guys. My thinking this is a better way to learn then playing with a bunch of guys who are all in the learining mode. Mix the lineups liberally if you like but i would have a mix of 3 experienced guys and 2 newbies through most of the game. If we get late in the game and the game is well in haNd you can then throw a fivesome of newbies out there together. Just an alternative approach to maybe consider.
    While I get what your saying and don't necessarily disagree my own preference would to throw them out there to see who are the take
    charge type of guys. Right now these guys are happy to play their limited roles and lean on the established players. I'd like to see
    them when THEY don't have the established guys to lean on. Who will emerge as leaders and scorers?

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
    First thing the wife said when I told her the game was canceled and they scheduled Newman was......

spoiler
    space

It's better than playing with yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    6 pm ESPN+

Leave a comment:

• JVShocker
    replied
    First thing the wife said when I told her the game was canceled and they scheduled Newman was......

spoiler
    space

It's better than playing with yourself.

Leave a comment:

• DUShock
    replied
    What a broke dick move with the scheduling.

So ready for the spring and baseball...

Go Shocks & Go SHOX!

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I guess my question about a post Christmas game is when did the players leave and when did they return? Even if they got back on the 26th that’s only four days from return to the next scheduled game. Is it feasible or wise to try and squeeze something in there? I don't know.

As far as what other teams have been doing I admit I’m not following that closely. I know there have been many postponements and cancellations but not familiar with many games that have been picked up at the last minute.
    The philosophy could also have been to have a gap between kids going home for Christmas and a game as sort of a post travel quarantine.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Taylor sez time and TV TBD

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I was surprised they didn't add a game after Christmas. Seem like long time to go in between games.

All you have to do is watch what other programs have been doing. They know scheduling is fluid. Programs are arranging "alternate" games in case their primary games are cancelled. You also have to be watching daily what might becoming available for covid cancellations.

As far as what other teams have been doing I admit I’m not following that closely. I know there have been many postponements and cancellations but not familiar with many games that have been picked up at the last minute.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Is this still on ESPN+? I would assume so?
    I'd assume so but Taylor said TBD.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X