No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Oral Roberts Game Thread - Dec 2, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We beat a similar, maybe even lesser version of that team last year by 9 with a far more experienced squad, 10k screaming fans in the stands and the best coach in the history of the school. .....

Comment

• I know that we had some terrible defensive possessions. I know we took some terrible shots. I know that our big men didn't look great. But....

When we needed stops at the end, we got them. And when they missed, we rebounded it.

When Gilbert went out, Trevin stepped up pretty freaking well and we didn't miss a step.

When we needed to surge, Tyson lost his damn mind and the ball never touched the rim went it ripped the net.

Trevin and Jackson both hit huge shots.

Jackson is a Shocker and deserved to have a crowd appreciate his motor.

We won.

Who knows how good we are, but we're better than ORU.

I'm tired of Dennis. If any of the 5 who didn't play are itching for minutes, his are prime for the taking.

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Was anything mentioned post game as to why Poor Bear didn't play in the second half? He seemed to hold his own in the first.

Comment

• Oh, and was it just me, or did we have very few times where the ball stuck on offense?
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            We beat a similar, maybe even lesser version of that team last year by 9 with a far more experienced squad, 10k screaming fans in the stands and the best coach in the history of the school. .....
            ORU did have Chadrack's "little" brother last year. Little Elijah (6-8, 275) is on the ORU team this year but has not played yet so may be injured. He had a very good game against the Shokcers last year IIRC. I just remember there wasn't much fat mixed into that 275 pounds of man.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Not sure what happened with Poor Bear. He entered the game at 17:26 of the 2nd half and exited with 15:44 in the half never to return.
              Poor Bear had a decent stat line for the minutes he played. Have we found that IB has a doghouse and PB happened to find it - in a game where we only had 8 eligible players? I'm not qualified to evaluate D, but I didn't think we were getting eaten up inside worse when he was in than when he wasn't in.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                Oh, and was it just me, or did we have very few times where the ball stuck on offense?
                There was still a lot of dribbling and sometimes too much of it into bad spots, but it definitely felt like the dribbling had way more purpose than games last year. More attacking and probing. With both good and bad results from it

Comment

• Morris was up and down. Once he realized that we didn’t need him to be our leading scorer he was more up.

He blocked three shots and had a big one down the stretch.

He was 4-6 from the free throw line. I will take 66% on the year from him.

Ten shots is way too many from him unless they’re dunks or wide open layups. It’s good that he’s being aggressive but he’s got to understand what his and the teams strengths are. If he can do that I think he will be a solid piece of the three headed monster in the post.

We don’t need them to be world beaters. Just play their role and let the guards lead the team.

Comment

• According to Taylor HCIB said it was his mistake that IPBC did not play the second half and he would correct it on Sunday.

huh?

Comment

• At this point, I think this is just the player Dexter is. If he was going to make a leap and elevate his game, I think it would’ve happened by now.

if he doesn’t get catch-and-shoot 3s or transition dunks, he’s not an offensive threat. When he tried to put the ball on the floor and create for himself tonight, it just ended in highly contested, wild shots or getting his shot blocked.

I think that’s why GM was so hellbent on him going hard for offensive rebounds. He’s the most athletic guy on the floor 95% of the time and that’s an easy way to create more opportunities for himself to score.

I would love to be wrong, and I hope somehow he finds another gear but I’m just not expecting it. That being said, he’s still one of our most important players and very few can do what he can do athletically. And he’ll knock down shots once he gets in a rhythm, we’ve all seen what it’s like when he gets going. I hope he breaks out against Mizzou

Comment

• I just watched the interview from Taylor’s article. To summarize, HCIB said that IPBC played well when he was in and that he needs to find IPBC more minutes. He didn’t mention anything about mistakes that I was able to hear.

Comment

• Before people beat up too much on Dexter, he’s a slow starter. But our best player. He will come around. The real threat is offense is a team sport. Oh, yeah and defense wins games. I saw little of either tonight but willing to give benefit of doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                            According to Taylor HCIB said it was his mistake that IPBC did not play the second half and he would correct it on Sunday.

huh?
                            Let's chalk it up to first year first ever had coaching job, I could imagine it would be easy to forget a rotation. Now we know HCIB. 1-0 good to go! Let's hope he corrects it on Sunday by giving IPBC his first ever start! His stat line indicates he deserves it.

Comment

• Did Poo play at all in the second half? And we only had 2 centers?

Comment

• Dex is trying to too hard to get to the NBA, IMO. He wants to be James Harden but he’s really just a spot up 3 point shooter, despite his build. He needs to do 3 things to help this team: be the best defender on the floor, catch and shoot three pointers, give us some highlight reel breakaways when available. If he just focuses on these things, the lane will eventually open up for an occasional drive to the hoop.

Comment

Working...
                                X