Wichita State vs Oral Roberts Game Thread - Dec 2, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Jackson reminds me a lot of Carl Hal - and he's got 3 years here.
    Yep. . And he can shoot too. He has a lot of potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      Out of synch offense with no flow - playing street ball - with multiple guys playing positions they don't normally play - puts up 85 points. In their first game together in the first game of the season - against a team that's already played two games.

Maybe the offense didn't get a lot of style points, but I'll take "winning" points over style points any day. If they can put up 85 points playing what some observers on SN thought was brutal offense, I'll be glad to let them play that brutal offense.
      Aargh is 100% right. Win and and advance. Thats our only gameplan this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

And never a bad one!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Yep. . And he can shoot too. He has a lot of potential.
            That 3 in the second half was clutch.

Comment

• Comment

• Trevin Wade was put in a tough spot when Gilbert got his fourth foul. Playing his first D1 game after missing a couple weeks of practice and is asked to steer the ship in huge moments of a competitive game (was it a must win game?) and he held it together really well.

Of course Tyson took over in the second half so it’s not like Trevin was asked to be the main guy but he took care of the ball and hit a huge three and three free throws.

He certainly looks the part. He’s a solidly built dude to put it mildly and he seems quick and athletic.

I can’t wait to see Porter play. Gilbert, Etienne, Trevin look potentially filthy. Add in a third guy who can play 1-3 and we could be looking at a high level guard rotation.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

CJ as in Clarence Jackson the leading rebounder this game? I didn’t notice that but seems easily fixable and if he can grab 8 boards one handed then I’m even more excited about him.
                  I agree. I love his energy.

That’s why, if he corrects his technique, he could be even better.
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I suspect our next game will be an opportunity to learn and advance.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

CJ as in Clarence Jackson the leading rebounder this game? I didn’t notice that but seems easily fixable and if he can grab 8 boards one handed then I’m even more excited about him.
                      He was also +11 (easily the best on the team) and damn near had a double-double in less than 18 minutes of court time. Very promising start for the sophomore!
                      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

You do realize that he led the team in rebounding with 8 boards. Not bad for 18 minutes.

I do. I also noticed a couple more he could have had if he went up with both hands.

I like CJ and think he could be a great effort guy. He’s not the first JUCO guy to come in with some tweets that need to be made.

Noticing things that could help players improve their game doesn’t mean they aren’t good or that you don’t like them.

The Assman

Comment

• Trevin Wade was simply nasty on ORU's ball handler. That guy couldn't move without being cut off. Wade's reflexes, responses, and lateral quickness kept ORU's ball handler trying to get away from a defender he couldn't get away from. I think Trevin took ORU out of their offense, which led to WSU's comeback.

I know it was ORU, a Summit League team, but the JuCo guys looked better than what I've come to expect from JuCos early in the season.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• 1-0 is better than 0-1.
                            Jackson is an athlete and can play. Having him for 3 vs 2 years is major bonus. Jans is superb working with bigs. Just wondering what he could do with that talent for a couple years.
                            DD is an enigma. You just never know...
                            AE is a former Burger Boy and you can see why. He has those type of moves and certainly the maturity of a senior.
                            TE is a Stud and that capital S is on purpose. He better get used to seeing the opposing teams version of Tekele Cotton every night. Maybe double or even triple teams.

COVID sucks, but it was a gift in hindsight causing the Bad Boy cancellation.
                            Our inside would have been destroyed (as previously explained) and Shocker faithful better hope JB has some ability, cause MU isn't the answer or even a band-aid.
                            Poor Bear.. another who knows...but we've seen both play for 2+ years and not much has changed.
                            Or as Dennis Green once infamously quipped... "They are who we thought they were!"

That is all.
                            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Mizzou boatraced ORU the other day. I’m not sure things bode well for us on Saturday. I know it was a first game and we were down some players, but things looked discombobulated.

1-0 is better than the alternative and it was nice to see WSU basketball again.

Oh and MU is just not the guy.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Not sure what happened with Poor Bear. He entered the game at 17:26 of the 2nd half and exited with 15:44 in the half never to return.

Comment

Working...
                                X