Wichita State vs Oral Roberts Game Thread - Dec 2, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

A wise and mature way to approach this at this point. What's the matter with you!

A couple of additional points.

Bilau will eat up some minutes at the 5 at some point (I hope).
    Dexter will have some good games.
    Hopefully, we will also see some Council IV III.
    Will any of our guys redshirt - Maybe Jenkins or Seymour? I assume both are well down on the depth charts at their positions.
    There is no reason to redshirt. They don't use eligibility this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

There is no reason to redshirt. They don't use eligibility this year.
      Okay. That answers that. So does Alterique Gilbert get another year or does this year still count against the 5 year clock.

Comment

• Coach IB should work on lineups that utilize our best players. That would be no-one above 6'7". If JB comes back and is effective then he would be the 1 guy who could be the taller inside man. Houston and Auburn have been pretty good utilizing non traditional lineups without a true big man. I was not impressed by Mo and IPBC seems to have offensive skills but gets lost out there.
        I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Okay. That answers that. So does Alterique Gilbert get another year or does this year still count against the 5 year clock.
          If he wants another year .. yes he gets one.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

FOUR coaches forgot that their center had played the entire second half?
              I think I saw an Asst. Coach choking another one in the back row of the bench on several occasions pointing to disagreement within the staff. But they will get that worked out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
                Coach IB should work on lineups that utilize our best players. That would be no-one above 6'7". If JB comes back and is effective then he would be the 1 guy who could be the taller inside man. Houston and Auburn have been pretty good utilizing non traditional lineups without a true big man. I was not impressed by Mo and IPBC seems to have offensive skills but gets lost out there.
                Houston's guys are all 6'6" not all 6'

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

My thought was “Mo is trying to show everyone how much he’s improved”. I hope is once he settles down, quits trying to do too much and lets the game come to him that he will look better. I think I see improvements under all the noise but admittedly I could just be projecting my hope.

Agreed that he needs to be A) more willing to pass out of the post, B) able to execute more than just his one spin move, and C) better recognize where his defender is. There were a couple times he could have drop stepped baseline for a dunk after catching it but instead held the ball, allowed his defender to reposition, then spun right into the defender.
                  I think you nailed it pretty well... Mo played hard and had a 'nasty' cramp during crunch time and then came back in relatively soon; I was surprised he recovered that quickly. His free throw motion is improving also. I'm still not sure about the spot-up three he jacked up during the first half. My new Samsung 5K was in harms way.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

He is going to be a good player for the Shocks. Has a lot of want to.

Comment

• Comment

Dude! That catch and drive at about the 20 second mark is a thing of pure beauty! That's an NBA move, plain and simple. We haven't had guard who can execute like that in some time. Great speed and body control. No hesitation at all. He knew exactly what he was going to do before he had the ball in his hands. High IQ.

Comment

Holy Crap. That is so funny to hear Ted calling the play for absolutely nobody to hear. That is awesome and totally sucks at the same time.

Comment

That last shot .. where he's pinned in the corner, nearly falls out of bounds backwards ... and then just buries the 3 in the defenders face ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Holy Crap. That is so funny to hear Ted calling the play for absolutely nobody to hear. That is awesome and totally sucks at the same time.
                              I didn't look through the entire thread, so apologies if this has already been posted, but here's a video of Ted Woodward doing the introductions:

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

I didn't look through the entire thread, so apologies if this has already been posted, but here's a video of Ted Woodward doing the introductions:

That's just sad. It was some of their first time playing in The Round House. They were Shocker Nation virgins. They were supposed to have 10,506 fans screaming their heads off. That's a proper welcome to Koch Arena.

2020 sucks ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X