Wichita State vs Oral Roberts Game Thread - Dec 2, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    I heard the CDC changed the quarantine time to 7 days. Does that make our squad whole?
    Yes on the guidelines being changed. No on the team being whole. The new guideline doesn't address those who test positive. Released around 6:30 (Central) Tuesday evening and goes into effect Tuesday night. After exposure - 7 days with a negative test and 10 days without a negative test.

https://apnews.com/article/politics-...fb4900ee2027d5
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Yes on the guidelines being changed. No on the team being whole. The new guideline doesn't address those who test positive. Released around 6:30 (Central) Tuesday evening and goes into effect Tuesday night. After exposure - 7 days with a negative test and 10 days without a negative test.

Maybe this means most of the team will be back for Missouri?

Comment

BTW, this time tomorrow night, Shocker Nation will be ass deep in Shocker Basketball!!

GO SHOCKS!!

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post

Please explain lol
          During Graham Hatch's tenure at WSU, ShockRef developed, shall I say, a definite affinity toward Graham. It was certainly deserved. Graham was a beast. He played larger than his 6'5" frame and was able to rebound inside and shoot the three. ShockRef rightly respected the hard nosed way he played the game.

However, some of his positive comments about GH, which were numerous, and I mean numerous, started to make me slightly uncomfortable, in a good way? and I jokingly said maybe we should look at an online restraining order. I kid because I care. (to quote DrWU and others)

Comment

Quotables: Isaac Brown Pre-Oral Roberts

https://goshockers.com/news/2020/12/...l-roberts.aspx

… if something could come up between now and gametime to cancel the game:
            "I think something could always come up. We did take another test today. I'm not 100 percent on all that, but I'm pretty sure any point something could come up. If the physician said tomorrow we couldn't play, that's something that we have no control over."
            ORU Game Notes & Links

Comment

I assumed the 5 were quarantined due to close contact from the positive in the travel party last week. I guess I was not aware that there were actual positive tests among the players.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

We have to quarantine half of the team out of caution and KU is playing Garrett tonight who was a game time decision because he's so sick....

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

I assumed the 5 were quarantined due to close contact from the positive in the travel party last week. I guess I was not aware that there were actual positive tests among the players.
                  Not confirmed, but word is that 2 players tested positive. The rest in quarantine were contacts with those two players. That should put us at 11 scholarship players if none of the contacts test positive Wednesday.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

IT'S GAMEDAY BITCHES !!

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      IT'S GAMEDAY BITCHES !!
                      Waited 269 days to see this post.

Comment

Comment

Creating a fair bracket has always been a challenge. Now, with each team having different COVID-related circumstances, it's going to be impossible. Expect them to play favorites even more than normal.

"Well, looks like Syracuse is only 3-23, but on the other hand, they were missing a couple walk-ons in January... Hm.... Let's just go with an 11 seed and move on."

Comment

Trying not to be TOO excited since it seems like this season is on an hour-by-hour basis, but damn I'm excited.

Comment

Also keep in mind that given the nature of American federalism, most of the actual laws and regulations in question are at the state and local level rather than national level. While state and local actors will generally use CDC recommendations when making these rules, the CDC changing its recommendations does not automatically change the state/local ordinances. Certainly state and local officials might change them upon changes to CDC recommendations, but there is no guarantee (and at minimum will be some lag time).
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

Also keep in mind that given the nature of American federalism, most of the actual laws and regulations in question are at the state and local level rather than national level. While state and local actors will generally use CDC recommendations when making these rules, the CDC changing its recommendations does not automatically change the state/local ordinances. Certainly state and local officials might change them upon changes to CDC recommendations, but there is no guarantee (and at minimum will be some lag time).
                                Also doesn't mean that the AAC will change the quarantine guidelines.

Comment

Working...
                                X