• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
    Thanks Ole Miss.
    Yes indeed!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Not joking at all. I've watched Drake a few times, and I believe if my scenario plays out (26-1 ish) that they deserve to be and should be in. But I have no idea what would actually happen. I think they would struggle to be above 6 or 7 in the American, so maybe they are not in.

But while I absolutely want to see teams like Drake (and Winthrop for example) get a chance, not just this season but every season, I don't have any idea what to expect when I see Joe Lunardi's bracket have Loyola last 4 in (on an at large). I have no idea what he's looking at when he sees them in.
      Please Remember!! It not what he sees in a team. It what he thinks the committee sees in them. Interpreting from what he said, that's the only thing he could be wrong about. He doesn't commit to (or says he know jack about) how good or worthy he thinks a team is. That's not what he gets paid for. Of course, that doesn't make much sense either because compared to others that predict what the committee will do, he's pretty average at best.

Comment

• Yes but North Carolina also lost tonight. Jerry Palm has them in the final four in. But this quality loss to Clemson moves them up to a 10 th seed. Seth Greenburg said on radio the other day they are starting to play well. Go heels

Comment

• That might keep the Ole Miss W in Q1.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            That might keep the Ole Miss W in Q1.
            Ole Miss moves up to 68 from 75 this morning. So not a guaranteed Q1 but sure helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Ole Miss moves up to 68 from 75 this morning. So not a guaranteed Q1 but sure helps.
              Not joking, but what does it take to qualify as a Q1 win?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Not joking, but what does it take to qualify as a Q1 win?
                Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75. NET rankings.

Comment

Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75. NET rankings.
                  Thank you.

Comment

• A win over the Coogs at home is a must. Unless Ole Miss beats Missouri and Alabama too. And then maybe. That's NCAA reality.

Tulsa's wins over Houston (home) and Memphis (there) is much more noteworthy than us beating the Hurricane twice. We may be ahead of them in the conference but are we ahead of them in the index? If I knew I wouldn't ask.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                      A win over the Coogs at home is a must. Unless Ole Miss beats Missouri and Alabama too. And then maybe. That's NCAA reality.

Tulsa's wins over Houston (home) and Memphis (there) is much more noteworthy than us beating the Hurricane twice. We may be ahead of them in the conference but are we ahead of them in the index? If I knew I wouldn't ask.
                      Tulsa is also 1-2 in Q3 games right now so that negates some of their 2-2 record in Q1.

The formula is pretty simple. Rack up as many Q1/Q2 wins as possible, avoid Q3/Q4 losses, and then hope for the best with the committee.

Good resource for this info - http://www.warrennolan.com/basketball/2021/net-nitty

Comment

... and then hope for the best with the committee.
                        That's the only formula that counts, or at least it seems to be. They'd like us a lot better if we beat Houston on ESPN.

To me, quadrant wins excuse teams barely .500 in their (P5) conference, citing kenpom even, when you know Drake could probably beat more than a few of the teams in front of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

That's the only formula that counts, or at least it seems to be. They'd like us a lot better if we beat Houston on ESPN.
                          Sure, beating Houston would be huge, but that alone isn’t going to get us into the tourney, nor will losing disqualify us.

I broke down the rest of the season schedule in the Bracketology thread. I know it’s a lot of words and blah blah blah, as are most of my posts.

Bottom line I think we need Tulsa and Ole Miss to get to/stay above 75 NET and go 9-3 down the stretch with one loss in each Q1-Q3 category and zero losses in Q4.

If we do that I think we will be on the bubble at a minimum, maybe even barely on the right side of the bubble. Whether or not we’re capable of it is up for debate.

Comment

Tulsa is also 1-2 in Q3 games right now so that negates some of their 2-2 record in Q1.

The formula is pretty simple. Rack up as many Q1/Q2 wins as possible, avoid Q3/Q4 losses, and then hope for the best with the committee.

Good resource for this info - http://www.warrennolan.com/basketball/2021/net-nitty
                            Tulsa NEEDS to end up Top 75. It slides both of their games up a quadrant. We need them to win as many games as possible the rest of the way. Maybe only splitting with SMU as to keep SMU Top 75 also.

Comment

• 4-8 Georgetown up 10 on Creighton with 7 to go

Comment

• The crowd noise pumped into the TU home game is 10,000 decibels higher than a typical TU home game.
                                (absent a home game vs the Shocks).

Comment

Working...
                                X