• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    4-8 Georgetown up 10 on Creighton with 7 to go
    Quality loss for Jays

Comment

• Missouri beat Kentucky in Columbia.

Comment

• 5 of the 7 ranked teams playing today lost to an unranked team. Including 3 Villanova and 5 Houston

Oh yeah... Creighton loses to a 4-8 team

Comment

• Okie State pisses away a win at TCU. Cunningham with a fail at hero ball the last couple of possessions. Probably the coaches decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post
            Okie State pisses away a win at TCU. Cunningham with a fail at hero ball the last couple of possessions. Probably the coaches decision.
            But hey according to John Rothstein now TCU might be the 8 team from the Big 12 to get into the tournament. GTFO Fuk John Rothstein and all his ****** media clowns. Their double standard is just garbage. He goes on to say Houston loss to ECU cost them a number 1 seed but says nothing about Villanova loss to SJ.

Let me add more to the list of Sht. Jerry Palm, Seth Greenburg, Dick Vitale, Seth Davis and all those other pu$$ies that suck up to so-called power 5 conferences. Maybe we should let South Carolina in the tournament they just got a signature win against Florida on Florida home court. And TCU has a great nonconference schedule. LMAO

As shocker fans we have the right to be hard on our team and have expectations. But it is clear to me that the shocks and other teams in this conference do not get a fair assessment from these bias media clowns.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

But hey according to John Rothstein now TCU might be the 8 team from the Big 12 to get into the tournament. GTFO Fuk John Rothstein and all his ****** media clowns. Their double standard is just garbage. He goes on to say Houston loss to ECU cost them a number 1 seed but says nothing about Villanova loss to SJ.

Let me add more to the list of Sht. Jerry Palm, Seth Greenburg, Dick Vitale, Seth Davis and all those other pu$$ies that suck up to so-called power 5 conferences. Maybe we should let South Carolina in the tournament they just got a signature win against Florida on Florida home court. And TCU has a great nonconference schedule. LMAO

As shocker fans we have the right to be hard on our team and have expectations. But it is clear to me that the shocks and other teams in this conference do not get a fair assessment from these bias media clowns.
              On this we can ALL agree.

Comment

• The good news is that none of those guys are on the selection committee. They are just looking for clicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Comment

• NM St goes down at home to California Baptist 85-75.

Comment

• Grant Sherfield. Good grief young man! Had himself a night!!!

Knocked off previously 14-2 Boise State. GS hit a go ahead jumper with :50 on the clock and game winner with :03 remaining.

Final Stats -
                      9/16, 2/4 3FG, 3 steals, 20 points, and 14 ASSISTS!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post
                        Grant Sherfield. Good grief young man! Had himself a night!!!

Knocked off previously 14-2 Boise State. GS hit a go ahead jumper with :50 on the clock and game winner with :03 remaining.

Final Stats -
                        MWC is a step down from the AAC, but he is having a very good year. Just like in the game against Boise St, one has to wonder where Nevada would be this year without Sherfield. He has a huge line like that and they win by 2. He leads them in Points, Assists, and Steals.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post
                          Grant Sherfield. Good grief young man! Had himself a night!!!

Final Stats -
                          I thought Grant was more suited for the point position than Burton. Grant displays pretty good drive ability in the half-court.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I thought Grant was more suited for the point position than Burton. Grant displays pretty good drive ability in the half-court.
                            I remember Grant dribbling side to side beyond the 3 point line until the clock ran down. I really don't remember him being a consistently good penetrator. He averaged 25 minutes per game and 3 assists and 2 turnovers last year. He shot 35% from the field and 30% from 3. I think he must fit the offense they run better than what we ran last year. I agree he might have been a better point than JB but....
                            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• I don't get too worked up about prognosticators predicting that we're out of the tournament or using ridiculous criteria for their mock selections. It's mildly annoying, but unfortunately, they've been conditioned to use the same criteria as the selection committee, for better or worse.

And it's certainly for the worse. The selection committee has no clear criteria for what they want in a team that makes the tournament...is it wins against good teams, no losses against bad teams, a good record against the Top 100? A team that "looks the part"? These things are so subjective and you could make a case for about 20+ teams in any instance. Usually it goes to the power conference team because of their schedule. If the selection committee is looking to legitimately select the teams who have won the most adjusted for their schedule difficulty (which to even state that criteria would be an improvement), they need to switch to using Strength of Record or Wins Above Bubble. The selection show may not be quite as exciting, but the games leading up to it would be, and it would allow a Lipscomb the same opportunity afforded to a Kentucky.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Mizzou spanking Alabama up 16 at half.

Comment

Working...
                                X