2020-21 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I actually doubt that many kids know much of anything about the Fab Five. That was a decade or more before any future recruits were born. Does the Fab Five legacy really carry on today with that much weight?
    Agree with this. I would venture to guess that not too many kids in the HS / College age today know about the Fab Five. That happened in 91-92. None of these kids were close to even being born by then.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I actually doubt that many kids know much of anything about the Fab Five. That was a decade or more before any future recruits were born. Does the Fab Five legacy really carry on today with that much weight?
      Have you watched much ESPN lately? There's a show called 30 For 30 that's aired quite often. It can be streamed too.

I just watched the Fab Five episode 2 weeks ago. It was socially relevant too because it tied in the '92 riots. Very educational.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Have you watched much ESPN lately? There's a show called 30 For 30 that's aired quite often. It can be streamed too.

I just watched the Fab Five episode 2 weeks ago. It was socially relevant too because it tied in the '92 riots. Very educational.
        That is great. There are a lot of good 30 for 30 docs. Still don't think the Fab Five (almost 30 years ago) resonates with teenagers like it might with us.

Comment

• The best one I saw was about the Pistons bad boys.
          On another subject and the GOAT. Saw a video of Bird this morning. He once had a game when he announced he was going
          to shoot every shot left handed and did. Scored 47 with 14 boards. In another, Rodman said he was going to shut him down and
          Bird responded with I think I will just hang 50 on you for that.........but he only got, again, 47. A couple others other than LJ and MJ
          are Wilt and Pistol. Consider that back then they actually played a little defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Unless it is a losing one against somebody.
            EXACTLY!!!! I care not a whit about KU, but I DO think this might be the only area team he has a losing record agin on the road...just a fact, ma'am...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

That is great. There are a lot of good 30 for 30 docs. Still don't think the Fab Five (almost 30 years ago) resonates with teenagers like it might with us.
              Social injustice is not a big issue with teenagers today? Then add in the street cred of the Fab5? SMH.

I don't doubt that you do. Thanks.
              Last edited by ShockingButTrue; January 13, 2021, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Social injustice is not a big issue with teenagers today? Then add in the street cred of the Fab5? SMH.

I don't doubt that you do. Thanks.

Comment

• Texas Tech knocks off the Longhorns. Burton fouled out.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                    Texas Tech knocks off the Longhorns. Burton fouled out.
                    Watched the end of that game. Burton fouled out on a charge at the end of the game then Tech stole the inbounds pass and tied the game. Next possession came down and McClung made the game winner. Lot of transfers on Tech, several of which are starters or get a lot of minutes.
                    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                      Texas Tech knocks off the Longhorns. Burton fouled out.
                      TT outscored Texas 30-18 to finish the game and win by 2.

Comment

• Wonder if UTEP has some significant Covid issues. They are trailing North Texas 46-19 with 12 minutes left in the game. Final was a 63-33 loss. Not exactly a Glory Road performance. UTEP played 10 guys in the game shooting a combined 11-52 (21.2%) including 2-25 (8.0%) on treys.

Charlotte lost at home to UAB 37-61. Charlotte shot a little better than UTEP at 31.6%/20.0% but only took 38 shots as they were outrebounded 34-28 and turned the ball over 23 times.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 16, 2021, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• Ole Miss is going to screw around and drop to Q2 for us. Down by 12 to Georgia in the 2nd half working on what would be their 3rd loss in a row I believe.

Comment

• Ole Miss on a 13-1 run from 4:33 to 1:02. Now down just 1. 73-72, Georgia scored. Ole Miss turned it over and had to foul from that point on.

Georgia wins 78-74.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Comment

• Kentucky falls to 4-8 ... That puts them on pace to be the 6 seed waiting for WSU after we get stuck in the first four with 5 losses.

Comment

Working...
                                X