No announcement yet.

2020-21 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let’s please stop with the Ben Jacobsen as a WSU coaching candidate nonsense now.

Comment

Love it when the chickenhawks and wilkittens lose.

Comment

Not basketball but pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Good for her!

Easy on the eyes too...

Capture.JPG

Comment

Yea, and she kicked it like a girl too.
            The team is so bad, they need an infusion of new and different talent.

That is all.
            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
              Yea, and she kicked it like a girl too.
              The team is so bad, they need an infusion of new and different talent.

That is all.
              I guess the story is that Vandy is down special teamers due to Covid contact tracing resulting in quarantines.

She was on the women's soccer team at Vandy for 4 years but only played sparingly until her senior year in which started 9 of 12 games as the goalkeeper in which Vandy went 7-2.

I think she was asked to join the Vandy football team this past week right after she concluded her soccer season. At 6-2 she at least fills out the uniform pretty well and fits in on the sidelines.

MIzzou kicked off to start the game. Vandy never scored nor were they in FG range so the only play available was the 2nd half kickoff.

Now was she the best option for Vandy? They could not have found a better option among the general student body or their other men's programs? What does that say about the male student body at Vandy? Perhaps, her selection had more to do with the diverting attention from the fact the Vanderbilt football will probably go winless this year.

I see it more as a novelty than a historic moment.

Comment

It's interesting how many "D1" teams schedule Non-D1 oponents but I have admit that I chuckle out of some of those oppoents,

Today's winner is SIU-Edwardsville taking on St. Louis Pharmacy.

I guess this technically the University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis. The school appears to be located within the Washington University medical campus. It was founded in 1864 as St. Louis College of Pharmacy UHSP has around 700 undergrads and 650 postgrad students. It does have a $144 million. It is an NAIA school that plays in the American MIdwest Conference.

UHSP teams are the Eutectics which apparnently means an alloy or a solution having the lowest melting point possible.

SIU-E did manage to win the game 80-45.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

A couple of other winless P5 schools are trying to get some positive media coverage from it as well:
                  • Winless Cal in the Pac 12 has announced they will make Caitlyn Jenner an honorary football captain, who will become the first transgender to kick off. Odds are it'll be an onside kick with a lot of spin.
                  • And to bring it full circle back to basketball, winless KU in the Big 12 has announced in the future they will only pay players in $100 bills signed by a female secretary of the treasury.
                  Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

A couple of other winless P5 schools are trying to get some positive media coverage from it as well:
                    • Winless Cal in the Pac 12 has announced they will make Caitlyn Jenner an honorary football captain, who will become the first transgender to kick off. Odds are it'll be an onside kick with a lot of spin.
                    • And to bring it full circle back to basketball, winless KU in the Big 12 has announced in the future they will only pay players in $100 bills signed by a female secretary of the treasury.
                    To be fair to Vandy, they had two kickers out so they were looking for anyone to kick. The fact that she immediately ran to the sideline after kicking not even looking to make a tackle, wasn’t important. She wasn’t about to be the third injured kicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

To be fair to Vandy, they had two kickers out so they were looking for anyone to kick. The fact that she immediately ran to the sideline after kicking not even looking to make a tackle, wasn’t important. She wasn’t about to be the third injured kicker.
                      And it was a designed squib.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Houston beats TT by 11. Houston is long and deep and athletic. They got up 20 and then coasted. JB played the last 8 minutes or so for Tech

Comment

Erik Stevenson with an Erik Stevenson style stat line: 2-6, 2-5 from 3, 8 pts, 1 asst, 4 TO in a 34 point loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            Erik Stevenson with an Erik Stevenson style stat line: 2-6, 2-5 from 3, 8 pts, 1 asst, 4 TO in a 34 point loss.
                            I was a little surprised he started. This will probably be the last thing I ever post or think about him. I hope he cures some disease and invents something great, but he was a huge net negative for WSU. His dad x10.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post

I was a little surprised he started. This will probably be the last thing I ever post or think about him. I hope he cures some disease and invents something great, but he was a huge net negative for WSU. His dad x10.
                              Also thought it was interesting that his team, a Power 5 team, was playing #2 Baylor .... And it wasn't televised .... Anywhere ...

So much for P5 exposure

Comment

I have never wished anything bad on any former WSU player. I would not lose any sleep if Stevenson faded into obscurity and transferred to Eastern Washington Tech State College averaging 1.3 points per game.

Comment

Working...
                                X