Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Not gonna lie. That's an impressive stat
    Greenville plays a gimmicky full court press 100% of the time, with constant rotation of players in and out to keep them fresh. When they have the ball they jack up a 3 at the first possible chance they can. They simply get beat every single time on the full court press by D1 schools and it's an easy 2 point fast break for the D1 school. They cannot adjust with a traditional defense, because that is not in their playbook and they have no interest in it. It's just press, press, press, press, and any competent set of D1 guards will shred it due to athleticism alone.

This result is unimpressive and while it's meant to be "fun" because they will score lots and lots of points jacking up 3 pointers, it's ultimately going to be demoralizing trying this against D1 opponents. It actually works somewhat against D3 opponents with similar athletes.

OTOH, I guess if you are a D3 school and you a resigned to the fact that you are are going to lose to nearly every D1 school you schedule, you might as well have fun and Tin Cup your way to a loss.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Greenville plays a gimmicky full court press 100% of the time, with constant rotation of players in and out to keep them fresh. When they have the ball they jack up a 3 at the first possible chance they can. They simply get beat every single time on the full court press by D1 schools and it's an easy 2 point fast break for the D1 school. They cannot adjust with a traditional defense, because that is not in their playbook and they have no interest in it. It's just press, press, press, press, and any competent set of D1 guards will shred it due to athleticism alone.

This result is unimpressive and while it's meant to be "fun" because they will score lots and lots of points jacking up 3 pointers, it's ultimately going to be demoralizing trying this against D1 opponents. It actually works somewhat against D3 opponents with similar athletes.

OTOH, I guess if you are a D3 school and you a resigned to the fact that you are are going to lose to nearly every D1 school you schedule, you might as well have fun and Tin Cup your way to a loss.
      I love the Tin Cup reference. Was a fan of the movie until the end. Not a fan of that type of basketball either. Thanks for the chuckle.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
        Ill State just won 177-108 No kidding. 83 in the first half and 94 in the second half. What the hell happened? Vs Greenville.
        IllSU hit 29/42 FT's. 42 FT's?
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

IllSU hit 29/42 FT's. 42 FT's?
          62 points in the paint. Perhaps a bunch of And 1's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I took a look at the Greenville web site and this year seems to be the first year they played D1 schools. Probably because covid screwed up scheduling and/or they knew their budget was going to take a hit with covid and wanted the money from the D1 schools to play them. Looks like they just played regular ball up until the 15-16 year. In 14-15 they averaged just 75 points a game and it was similar in previous years. Starting in 15-16 they started averaging over 100, starting with around 113 that year. Last year they averaged 132 and still lost 13 games - http://athletics.greenville.edu/spor...19-20/schedule :) No centers on the team - mainly guards and a handful of forwards. The head coach has been there since 1999 and had been an assistant at Bradley prior to moving to Greenville.
            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

I took a look at the Greenville web site and this year seems to be the first year they played D1 schools. Probably because covid screwed up scheduling and/or they knew their budget was going to take a hit with covid and wanted the money from the D1 schools to play them. Looks like they just played regular ball up until the 15-16 year. In 14-15 they averaged just 75 points a game and it was similar in previous years. Starting in 15-16 they started averaging over 100, starting with around 113 that year. Last year they averaged 132 and still lost 13 games - http://athletics.greenville.edu/spor...19-20/schedule :) No centers on the team - mainly guards and a handful of forwards. The head coach has been there since 1999 and had been an assistant at Bradley prior to moving to Greenville.
              Will be interesting to see if they continue to schedule them without reverting to a traditional style of play? The money might be worth it.

Comment

• Muller getting Illinois State ready for their drop to D3 I see.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• lmao

Comment

• UW vs Utah 8 to go in the game Utes up by 21. Bad body language on display lol. UW coach getting salty on the bench, I wonder if he knows there will be consequences. On the PAC12 Network.

Comment

• Does 2 for 10 help or hurt ES shooting %? What happens when he gets removed from starting lineup?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                        UW vs Utah 8 to go in the game Utes up by 21. Bad body language on display lol. UW coach getting salty on the bench, I wonder if he knows there will be consequences. On the PAC12 Network.
                        UW loses 76-62 .
                        Erik with the monster stat line. 7 points on 3-12 shooting, 1-5 from 3 , 1 asst, 2 TO, 3 fouls

Comment

• If anybody wants to see a sorry stat line, I found one. Averaging 1.5 assists and 3.5 turnovers might be a problem..

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...erik-stevenson
                          Last edited by Aargh; December 3, 2020, 07:38 PM.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            If anybody wants to see a sorry stat line, I found one. Averaging 1.5 assists and 3.5 turnovers might be a problem..

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...erik-stevenson
                            He’s really just a volume shooter.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• 15 games involving D-1 teams (3 of these were vs Non-D1 opponents) cancelled or postponed tonight.

Comment

• Erik definitely proving his issues involve a former WSU coach and not himself.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X