X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
    Maybe the shocks should schedule Missouri State and Loyola. Both of those schools are in the top 45 in net. A win over those schools would be a signature win. LMAO. And a loss to those schools would equal losses to Missouri and OSU. Yeah yeah yeah I know both Missouri and Oklahoma State should be top 25 ranked teams and a loss to them should help the Shocks. But it doesn't because the blueblood double standard is still alive and well. And who cares if the shocks only had 8 players when they played them. That kind of benefit of the doubt only goes to Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, chickenhawks, and every team in the Big 10 conference. Go preferential treatment.
    Isn't SloMo coached by a GGG protege? If so, I wouldn't sell 'em short.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Have to beat Houston and win the rest, or win the American Tourney provided there is one. No wiggle room.
    Lunardi has Maryland in!! 3-7 in conference!! 6-1 OOC: wins over ODU, Navy, Mount St Mary's, St Peter's, LaSalle, and Wingate, lost by 16 to Clemson.

Leave a comment:

• TheShocktocles
    replied
    Maybe the shocks should schedule Missouri State and Loyola. Both of those schools are in the top 45 in net. A win over those schools would be a signature win. LMAO. And a loss to those schools would equal losses to Missouri and OSU. Yeah yeah yeah I know both Missouri and Oklahoma State should be top 25 ranked teams and a loss to them should help the Shocks. But it doesn't because the blueblood double standard is still alive and well. And who cares if the shocks only had 8 players when they played them. That kind of benefit of the doubt only goes to Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, chickenhawks, and every team in the Big 10 conference. Go preferential treatment.

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by proshox View Post
    https://twitter.com/jonrothstein/sta...158804993?s=21

The American is really becoming the worst case scenario... good enough to cause WSU to pile up losses, but not elite enough to get respect from selection committee.
    Have to beat Houston and win the rest, or win the American Tourney provided there is one. No wiggle room.

Leave a comment:

• proshox
    replied

The American is really becoming the worst case scenario... good enough to cause WSU to pile up losses, but not elite enough to get respect from selection committee.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Looks like Houston is going to win going away. I guess it doesn’t really matter who wins. We just need to split with Houston, Memphis, SMU, sweep at least one of Cinci/UCF, and sweep the remaining teams and that should be enough to take second. Easier said than done obviously.

Leave a comment:

• WeWillShockU
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    I really don't understand how Houston doesn't foul out every player. The vast majority of their rebounds arent because of position.. they just push, or go through or over other players to get boards.

They really go with the philosophy of fouling so much the refs are afraid to call them all
    Agreed. They also use their forearms to push off on drives to the basket.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    I really don't understand how Houston doesn't foul out every player. The vast majority of their rebounds arent because of position.. they just push, or go through or over other players to get boards.

They really go with the philosophy of fouling so much the refs are afraid to call them all

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    So they call that a flagrant (a couple fingers on the arm)... But a tomahawk to the head isn't a flagrant

Leave a comment:

• WeWillShockU
    replied
    Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Pulling for SMU!
    I hope Jank is back when we play them. These two assistants are doing a better job coaching SMU. SMU has great talent.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post
    Is it better for us if Houston or SMU wins? We are probably playing for 2nd so I think Houston. Any comments from Shocker Nation?
    Pulling for SMU!

Leave a comment:

• WeWillShockU
    replied
    Is it better for us if Houston or SMU wins? We are probably playing for 2nd so I think Houston. Any comments from Shocker Nation?

Leave a comment:

• ArmyShockerFan
    replied
    The refs are actually calling offensive fouls on Houston players bullrushing their defenders.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan View Post
    We may get swept by SMU and Memphis if the Memphis game is who we are. Brace yourselves.
    If we play like **** we are going to lose games. This analysis is why I visit Shockernet.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    There appears to be clear separation from the top 3, and we are not in that group right now. I actually think we match up better against Houston than we do against Memphis and SMU. How’s that for a dose of optimism?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X