Isaac Brown Named Interim Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    I suspect this 1-year coaching gig couldn't go to a better person.
    I like how you first apologize for the disrespect, then proceed to passive aggressively remind him, and others, that there's no chance he keeps the job.

Sometimes, you just can help (or stop) yourself.

Comment

• I wish IB all the best but I am having deja vu thoughts regards the last time the Shockers replaced a head coach with a seven year veteran assistant coach. When Ralph was run off by the power brokers in Wichita he left an enviable roster for Gary Thompson, his long time assistant who replaced him as Head Coach. For those of you to young to know, Thompson finished his first year 11-3 in the Valley of Death (best basketball conference in the USA) and went to the Final Four. The Shockers went straight downhill from that season; seven years later Thompson was fired at the closure of the 1970-71 season the Shockers record was 3-11 in the Valley.

I am praying IB mimics Mike Hopkins performance at University of Washington.

Comment

• He could be the next Mark Few or the next Mike Cohen

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          with a temporary asst coach slot opening up, now is the time to ask Ron to join the staff for a season. He could teach the guards a lot and relate to these guys on another level, plus he's looking for something to do.
          Question is do we want Ron? He appears to likely be one of the players who spoke against GGG off record. Especially when you listen to his little podcast snippet that came out recently.

Although part of me thinks it's too early to be angry and petty. Haven't even had my third Red Bull yet. I do still kinda love that mop-headed, corn-fed boy. I just hope he never crossed coach Marshall.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Sub,
            Good to see you again.
            Yes, some idiot named mjbaker84 posted something about it. He makes some of the most dumbass posts on here as anyone.
            I don't give sheet what color the next HC is @ WSU. Qualified and ready to continue the tradition is all that matters.
            Oh... and just win, baby.

That is all.
            Thanks Shock Ref, tag me next time you want to be a *****.

I brought it up because it is a monumental occasion for an African American coach to be installed as a head basketball coach here. We have never had one and there was no precedent for one to even be looked at for a future coaching role here. I would assume based on your racist reaction you are part of the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiloPeterjohn View Post

Question is do we want Ron? He appears to likely be one of the players who spoke against GGG off record. Especially when you listen to his little podcast snippet that came out recently.

Although part of me thinks it's too early to be angry and petty. Haven't even had my third Red Bull yet. I do still kinda love that mop-headed, corn-fed boy. I just hope he never crossed coach Marshall.
              what the **** did you want Ron to say?

Comment

Looks like the troll that was banned 17 times is back. It’s a giveaway when you call anybody a “boy”. It’s your calling card. What a sad life going around message boards trolling for a living. Maybe someday you’ll find a “partner” to spend time with.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post

Thanks Shock Ref, tag me next time you want to be a *****.

I brought it up because it is a monumental occasion for an African American coach to be installed as a head basketball coach here. We have never had one and there was no precedent for one to even be looked at for a future coaching role here. I would assume based on your racist reaction you are part of the problem.
                  Woke Nation has spoken.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Woke Nation has spoken.
                    LOL opposite of woke nation.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Looks like the troll that was banned 17 times is back. It’s a giveaway when you call anybody a “boy”. It’s your calling card. What a sad life going around message boards trolling for a living. Maybe someday you’ll find a “partner” to spend time with.
                      I'm no troll. Just having a little fun while getting my opinions out there. Maybe a little exaggerated, but it doesn't feel much different than what that Cold Blooded guy does. That's why I gave him a hard time, we are one in the same.

Also, who are you to call me out about having a life? You've posted over 34,000 times on a message board. Nuff said.

Comment

I'm no troll. Just having a little fun while getting my opinions out there. Maybe a little exaggerated, but it doesn't feel much different than what that Cold Blooded guy does. That's why I gave him a hard time, we are one in the same.

Also, who are you to call me out about having a life? You've posted over 34,000 times on a message board. Nuff said.
                        see ya, brick dick.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

what the **** did you want Ron to say?
                          I kind of wanted him to say he defended GGG, that things were not what they seemed. Maybe that's a lot to ask spur of a moment, on a podcast, having to navigate public perception and media circus. But I wanted to hear that, right or wrong.

Comment

I kind of wanted him to say he defended GGG, that things were not what they seemed. Maybe that's a lot to ask spur of a moment, on a podcast, having to navigate public perception and media circus. But I wanted to hear that, right or wrong.
                            From all evidence that we have .. things were exactly what they seemed though.

Comment

• Lots of good tidbits in there. I'm excited ... sounds like it will be a bit more uptempo than we are used to.

Comment

• He's got 19 years of D1 experience on the bench. More than capable for an interim position.

We'll see how "lettin' em get and run" translates this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X