Isaac Brown Named Interim Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Jay Wright ... Tony Bennett, ole Roy? The last 4 National championship winners?
    Are they like Eddie? Good for a few years but not truly happy in Wichita? Roy wouldn’t even stay at NE Ks. State. If that’s what we are aiming for instead of fit, go after it. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Are they like Eddie? Good for a few years but not truly happy in Wichita? Roy wouldn’t even stay at NE Ks. State. If that’s what we are aiming for instead of fit, go after it. LOL
      Just pointing out there are "nice guys" that win. There is no one formula to winning

​​​​​

Comment

Just pointing out there are "nice guys" that win. There is no one formula to winning

​​​​​
        That’s the new formula then. Boy Scout it is.

im for finding someone who wants to be here and is a winner.

Comment

• Did any of Bob Knight's assistants get tarnished by his transgressions? Legit question. I can think of Chris Beard, who didn't seem to be affected and went on to be a successful coach (albeit not at Indiana). I'm having a bout of CRS trying to think of any more of Knight's assistants...

Anyway, I'm skeptical that there would be guilt by association in this situation, but I'm open to suggestion otherwise. I would think coaches would be judged on their own merits, but I'm probably naive. Jans is still my guy for next year, with Matta not far behind.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

That’s the new formula then. Boy Scout it is.

im for finding someone who wants to be here and is a winner.
            I am too .. and therefore I'm not eliminating nice guys. You are eliminating a good chunk of the pool. I'm not. Lets focus on getting a winner whether they are a tough guy or a nice guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
              Did any of Bob Knight's assistants get tarnished by his transgressions? Legit question. I can think of Chris Beard, who didn't seem to be affected and went on to be a successful coach (albeit not at Indiana). I'm having a bout of CRS trying to think of any more of Knight's assistants...

Anyway, I'm skeptical that there would be guilt by association in this situation, but I'm open to suggestion otherwise. I would think coaches would be judged on their own merits, but I'm probably naive. Jans is still my guy for next year, with Matta not far behind.
              Not too sure. I do know that Dave Bliss was a Knight assistant. However, I think he was tarnished for his own transgressions at Baylor than anything to do with Knight. Any others I can think of were not tarnished (Coach K, Mike Davis, Alford, Beard, Jim Crews, Royce Waltman, Dan Dakich).

Comment

• Ol’ Roy is so nice, he doesn’t even make you go to class!!!
                The Assman

Comment

I am too .. and therefore I'm not eliminating nice guys. You are eliminating a good chunk of the pool. I'm not. Lets focus on getting a winner whether they are a tough guy or a nice guy.
                  By saying I want people who want to be here in Wichita as opposed to a step on the ladder, is eliminating a chunk of the pool? Laughable.

Comment

• Din't want a Boy Scout. That bunch got sued into bankruptcy for abuse.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• BSA is a great organization.

Look, I understand any abuse is wrong, but millions of boys and young men had a great experience while in Scouts. Just because a handful of high school teachers abuse students, does that mean all high schools should be cancelled?

Now, back your regularly scheduled programming.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                        BSA is a great organization.

Look, I understand any abuse is wrong, but millions of boys and young men had a great experience while in Scouts. Just because a handful of high school teachers abuse students, does that mean all high schools should be cancelled?

Is it though?
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                          Is it though?
                          Drives me nuts when I go to Lowe’s and see the female Boy Scout troops pedaling popcorn

Comment

BSA is a great organization.

Your understanding of sarcasm rivals that of Sheldon Cooper.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Ol’ Roy is so nice, he doesn’t even make you go to class!!!
                              Or take those icky tests.

Comment

• My days at Camp Tawakoni long long ago prepared me for Army basic training....

Comment

Working...
                                X