No announcement yet.

I stand with Coach Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no way fHCGM just resigned for 7.75 million if these things didn't occur. Period! That is just a little over 2 years of his salary and depending on how it is structured, and job seeking requirements, he may only get 1/6 of that amount.

It is more likely that the investigation revealed more evidence of wrong-doing than has been reported publicly and the only way out was to resign and take what he could negotiate. Maybe, hopefully, it was a signed NDA by both parties so none of the ugliness has to be released through an open records request. The concerning thing is none of the players or past coaches could be covered by this agreement so we may end up hearing the details eventually.

Comment

Never mind
      Last edited by Eric; November 17, 2020, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
        The university had a chance to try and prove they could fire Marshall with cause. They obviously failed.

That’s why there is still support for Marshall. He hasn’t been found guilty of anything.
        He clearly had to be found guilty of something for him to lose his job, especially when he had more job security than anyone could ever hope for. Like I've said before, the investigators and administration are the ones who have access to much more info, evidence, and insight when making these decisions.

Again, this is just pure speculation from an outside standpoint, but what the buyout tells me is that WSU's athletic dept. or administration weren't exactly innocent in the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
          There is no way fHCGM just resigned for 7.75 million if these things didn't occur. Period! That is just a little over 2 years of his salary and depending on how it is structured, and job seeking requirements, he may only get 1/6 of that amount.
          This... I'm not sure how anyone can think that Marshall just accepted a 7.25 million dollar payout cut if he knew that nothing happened.

Comment

IMHO, Marshall cooked his goose, burnt the bridge, whatever, with that "statement" of total innocence. That statement was just not true. I'm not here to debate how large or small the incidents might have been, how long ago they were, or how responsible the other parties may have been. Understand, the buck stops with Marshall and his position. It was under his control to see that either nothing or nothing else happened. He failed at that responsibility. It has nothing to do with how good a person he may be, how good a coach he may be. We all know that one mistake (or three) in judgement can cost any one of us a lot. A job/career, a marriage, or even someone's life. Yet , that incident does not make up the totality of who the person is.

Frankly, I look his statement of total innocence as his fourth career mistake. Something happened. Own up to it and move on.

I'm just as certain that any "good feeling" Shaq may have about this, will be fleeting and not solve his problems.

Comment

I haven't heard one person say "NO'THING HAPPENED".

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                I haven't heard one person say "NO'THING HAPPENED".
                Whether he said those exact words, that's what was strongly implied by Marshall himself. Again, I'm not here to debate the severity or lack there of. Whether is was a punch in the true sense of the word or a little harder than a "Gibbs" slap on the back of the head. Just say so. If the players that said something happened thought it was worse, let's have them clear the air or re-track their statements. I'm still unsure how you could have put your hands around KL throat and not consider it threatening at the very least. Not saying KL didn't provoke it. I don't know.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    IMHO, Marshall cooked his goose, burnt the bridge, whatever, with that "statement" of total innocence. That statement was just not true. I'm not here to debate how large or small the incidents might have been, how long ago they were, or how responsible the other parties may have been. Understand, the buck stops with Marshall and his position. It was under his control to see that either nothing or nothing else happened. He failed at that responsibility. It has nothing to do with how good a person he may be, how good a coach he may be. We all know that one mistake (or three) in judgement can cost any one of us a lot. A job/career, a marriage, or even someone's life. Yet , that incident does not make up the totality of who the person is.

Frankly, I look his statement of total innocence as his fourth career mistake. Something happened. Own up to it and move on.

I'm just as certain that any "good feeling" Shaq may have about this, will be fleeting and not solve his problems.
                    Agreed. Not sure how much difference it would’ve made for him in the long run to own it given the level of allegations, but you gotta think that would’ve helped his case more to just own up to it. Then *maybe* the university has a better path to keeping him under certain circumstances and conditions.

Comment

Of course this is all very sad, but in the vein of standing with Coach Marshall (who I know isn't perfect), I want to thank him for his kind and gracious treatment of my son. Over the years of attending the basketball camps, my son has grown in confidence and developed a strong work ethic in his basketball training due to Coach Marshall's comments of support and encouragement. My son is a good basketball player, but certainly not a D1 prospect, yet HCGM still took the time to give him attention and offer positive advice and guidance, not just in basketball but in development as a young man. So I want to thank Coach Marshall for being attentive not only to the Grady Dicks and Sterling Chapmans, but also the less talented kids who will never star on any of his teams.
                      Keep The Celebration Going!

Comment

Ya'll will be standing on the beach then. Drinks are on Coach Marshall who FOREVER WILL BE A SHOCKER!

#MarshallLawNeverDies

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
                          Meh. This loser couldn't hang in the NBA.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Have you seen he 3pt and FT shooting percentages in the league??

Woof..
                            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

We lose a coach and also a couple of guys whose names were supposedly going to hang in the rafters.

#Loyalty

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

We lose a coach and also a couple of guys whose names were supposedly going to hang in the rafters.

#Loyalty
                                Those'll still hang. Ross McBurney's tooooooooooo!!!!
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X