No announcement yet.

WSU VERSUS N. IOWA PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truth be told, I don't know much about UNI. But they have Ben Jacobson is one of the best coaches in the Valley. UNI has done well, but I don't see them beating the shockers, Stutz and Hall will dominate the inside after being removed from action against Indiana State by the men wearing the striped shirts. Throw in Kyles and Murry's play of late and you've got a winning formula.

Shockers 71
    Panthers 58
    “Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose laziness and despondency make them give it up as unattainable.”

Comment

UNI is a very good 3-point shooting team hitting 39.8% as a team and averaging 21 attempts per game. The Shocks are shooting 36.3% and average just under 20 attempts per game. UNI has 7 players capable of knocking down the treys.

6'1" Sr G Johnny Moran has taken the most but has the lowest % among these 7 players at 32.9% (27-82)
      6'3" Jr G Marc Sonnen has the best % with the 2nd most attempts at 45.3% (34-75)
      6'0" RJr G Anthony James is 25-64 for 39.1%
      6'6" So F Chip Rank is 21-47 for 44.7%
      6'9" RJr F Jake Koch is 22-60 for 36.7%
      6'0" RSo G Matt Morrison is 12-26 for 46.2%
      6'1" Fr G Deon Mitchell is 16-39 for 41.0%

The Shocks only have 3 players shooting above 40% on their treys, Joe at 43.3%, Ben at 41.7% and DK at 41.7%.
      Toure at 24.3% needs to be very, very, very, very selective on his trey attempts. D-Will is only shooting 29.4% on the year but looked good last night. D-Will is hitting 35.7% in conference games. So the Shocks need to be a little pickier about who shoots the trey.

Of course, the Shocks should be able to score much more efficiently in the paint. UNI shoots 46.5% from inside the arc vs 53.3% for the Shocks. 37% of UNI's scoring comes from 3-point shots vs 28% for the Shocks.

6'10" 250lb RJr Austin Pehl is UNI's biggest player but he only plays 9 minutes a game. Jake Koch is 6'9" 245lb and leads UNI in rebounding at 5.8 per game and is playing 29 minutes per game. 6'8" 210lb Fr F Seth Tuttle plays 21 minutes per game and pulls down 5.2 rebounds per game. Tuttle sounds similar to Jake White. Hopefully, the Shocks will be able to exploit their size (Garrett) and strength (Carl) on the inside.

Shocks getting to the line about 22 times per game vs 18 for UNI. Shocks shooting 71.6% from the line vs 73.3% for UNI. However, in MVC play the Shocks are shooting 76.2% on 21.6 FT attempts per game vs 69.7% on 15.6 attempts per game for UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
        OK I forget....is it e-ville that flops and uni that grabs or is it both that grab and flop? Either way, in a very ugly game the Shox by 8. 62-54
        So long as there's a Koch on the team they will continue to put on a clinic for FLOPPIN'. They are flopsperts!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I thought Jake Koch was only 6'7", I don't remember him being 6'9".

Shockers 74
          Panthers 66

Comment

Good news it looks like the game will be on ESPN3

Comment

Shockers 65
              Floppers 58
              "If you strive for perfection, often times you can achieve excellence." --Gregg Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9 View Post
                I thought Jake Koch was only 6'7", I don't remember him being 6'9".
                Jake has always been listed at 6'9" on the UNI rosters.

Jake Koch (20) Forward - Jake Koch Final Stats (2009-10) in PDF Format Jake Koch Final Stats (2010-11) in PDF Format SENIOR (2012-13): Started all 36 games a...

His brother Adam was listed as 6'8".

Comment

UNI might shoot lights out tonight. They need this one badly.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                    UNI might shoot lights out tonight. They need this one badly.
                    This will be a tough game, road games at hungry houses make me nervious
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I predict Jake Koch flops on the floor like a goldfish out of water at least 3 times. The officials seem to have caught on to the Koch family tradition of flopping. Let's hope he doesn't get away with hooking elbows and pulling people to the floor either. That gets very old too.

Comment

We need to feed the beast and Stutz all night. They cant bang with us down low
                        Shockers 77
                        Purple Panthers-69

Comment

I think our win, like so many, depend on Carl Hall. He's often the key in so many ways.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            To quote a great Shocker philosopher:

"I'll take the ugliest of 1 point victories" WuDrWu circa 2012

Thanks for saving me the extra work '72. I will indeed take that.

Comment

Any advantage for us to watch on espn 3 like better announcers or will they use Bruce and little Craigy Stevens, anyone know?
                              I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Originally posted by GOSHOX1 View Post
                                Any advantage for us to watch on espn 3 like better announcers or will they use Bruce and little Craigy Stevens, anyone know?
                                No, it's northern iowas feed

Comment

Working...
                                X