WSU VERSUS N. IOWA PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU VERSUS N. IOWA PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME

Here's the deal. We keep playing teams that are so mad at the world, they could eat fried chicken!!! Too bad, so sad, make them even more mad!!! What is the remedy to deal with hungry, irascible, and grumpy panthers? Bag-em up at their own domain and defeat them. They have had their moments in the sun and now it is OUR turn baby!!! As always, you don't "luck out" with wins on the surly and cold road in Valley play. You just march in and take the win like you wanted to Dance with the Stars in March. Can you dig it? Groovy!!!!!!!

Black, Yellow, Gray road warriors-------------------- 77

Who was it we play? It don't matter!!! Just win!!!!!!! 68
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Another team that will try and "muddy" it up. If they succeed it could be a nail-biter.

WSU - 67
    UNI - 62
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

The Shocks face another very tough road game. UNI plays their best game of the year, they wipe the the cob-webs off the seats and nearly fill their arena and in a wild, crazy atmosphere, the Shocks find a way to win.

Shocks 74, UNI 70

Comment

Shockers
        Panthers

Comment

I'll play Doug Downer...UNI 68, wsu 67...PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG!

Comment

Shox - 73

Cats - 63
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Shocker win by 3

Comment

We outrebound them by 18 and cruise to a comfortable yet still sloppy 20 point win. We shoot free throws well and our shot selection is better but we turn the ball over to much and still have some of those...wtf Toure Murry shots...

Stutz dominates, 16 points 16 boards and 4 assists....

Comment

Shockers 74
                  P*ssy Cats 62
                  "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

OK I forget....is it e-ville that flops and uni that grabs or is it both that grab and flop? Either way, in a very ugly game the Shox by 8. 62-54

Comment

76 to 68 Da Shockers!
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Here are the game notes from the UNI web site:

The UNI Panthers (13-6, 3-4 MVC) men's basketball team will return home to the McLeod Center for a Wednesday night matchup with the Wichita State Shockers (1...

Based on comments from Indiana State fans and sources it sounds like we probably got one of the Sycamores' best efforts and best crowds on Sunday night. Also, the Sycamores apparently had a long soul-searching team talk on the bus ride back from their loss at Southern Illinois on Friday night. No doubt the Sycamores gave it everything they had against the Shocks.

No reason not to expect the same thing when we visit UNI on Wednesday. You know the Panthers are not going to be in a very friendly mood after their 2nd half collapse at Bradley on Sunday.

UNI is averaging 4,145 in home attendance this year. The biggest crowd was 6,834 against Iowa and their biggest MVC crowd was 5,038 against Missouri State. Not sure they will top the Iowa crowd but I would not be surprised to see 6,500 in the building for the Shocks.

BTW, UNI only lost to Creighton in Omaha 60-63. So they can play some. My guess is the Bradley game was an aberration. The Shocks will need to bring their A game.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 16, 2012, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Since the turning point in the Bradley-UNI game apparently came when Bradley switched to a zone defense I wonder if 3G might me contemplating use of the zone more than he normally would this Wednesday. I at least hope he gives it a try here and there and see how it goes. We switched to the zone late against Indiana State and it seemed to be effective.

Personally, I've always thought teams that could effectively switch up defenses are the hardest to deal with.

My guess is we will see at least some zone employed against UNI.

Comment

Confuse them, bruise them, and we win.

Comment

To quote a great Shocker philosopher:

"I'll take the ugliest of 1 point victories" WuDrWu circa 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X