No announcement yet.

Shox vs. Bradley game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hate the fact that I have to go the the Bradley web site to find a box score.

Some highlights:

Garrett's 16 and 13 double-double game in only 22 minutes.

David with 6-9 shooting. 4 of 6 from behind the arc. Hopefully, he has his confidence back. For the most part David found his shots in the flow and the rythm of the offense. I think that is a key for him.

Demitric 2 assists (not great) but more importantly no turnovers.

Toure with a very good 6 assists but a not very good 5 turnovers. Toure played a high risk/high reward game last night.

Tekele with 6 points and 6 boards and 3 assists. Also had 3 turnovers.

Jake White with a career high 8 points on 3-4 shooting in only 10 minutes of play.

Shocks out shot the Braves' 55.5% to 28.8% from the field. The Shocks were 8-18 on treys for 44.4% vs 2-13 (15.4%) for Bradley. Shocks were 12-15 (80%) from the line vs Bradley's 5-12 (41.7%) effort. Shocks hammered the Braves on the boards 44-26. Only negative stat for the Shocks was they had 15 turnovers to 12 for Bradley. The Braves were credited with 8 steals. All in all though a dominant performance by the Shocks. However, some of the sloppy turnovers will give the Coaching staff something to have the guys focus on.

Comment

• How nice was it that we started 10 for 10 from the line and all the shots were from our post players?
      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Hate the fact that I have to go the the Bradley web site to find a box score.
        Try ESPN. They get good box scores up very quickly. Eagle site has them, too.

Comment

• I guess Taylor Brown didn't get his three offensive rebounds again. Thank heavens. If he had, they coulda beat WSU.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I use box scores from Yahoo sports.

Comment

• Proud of you Demetric. Stepping up, playing under control and really contributing to the team effort. Very important in Joe's absence.
              Garrett, just keep it up.
              Carl, it's okay to shoot an 8 footer. I watch you make them all the time in warm ups.
              David being David. Relax and play.
              Tourey, slow down son. Take what the game gives you and all will be good.
              EO, you're just like the Waterboy, "you can do it".
              Jake, making a few shots can really help the confidence. Don't look back now that you know you can. And don't worry about the ref's and the ticky tack fouls.
              Tekele, playing like you did early in the season. I like it.
              JA don't come into the game playing like you're disinterested. Gregg won't accept that.
              Let it flow, let it go Evan. Too much thinking. Your time is coming.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                4 techincal fouls in the last 23 seconds of the CU/IlSU game. There is some thought that Gibbs oversold the foul trying to get a flagrant called and Hill decided to give it to him.

Then Gibbs got irritated and joined the party, which resulted in a double technical.

It's gonna be fun to watch those two teams the next time they play.
                If you watch the video on ESPN summary, the angle from behind didn't look too bad, but from the front - he really gave him a shove. Any fan that costs their team a technical should be banned for a year - I don't care who they are (unless it's me . . .).
                If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                  Let it flow, let it go Evan. Too much thinking. Your time is coming.
                  It did not work recruting him in hopes of getting the pull through of Ellis, Evan looks a little slow for this level, I am afraid that he would be much better off at Friends.
                  An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                      It did not work recruting him in hopes of getting the pull through of Ellis, Evan looks a little slow for this level, I am afraid that he would be much better off at Friends.
                      You are way off base on this. Evan is going to be a good player for the Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                        You are way off base on this. Evan is going to be a good player for the Shocks.
                        Time will tell
                        An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                          Easy their dip...Garrett isn't lightning quick on his feet...maybe there is time for him to transfer and play for Faber before second semester starts.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                            Easy their dip...Garrett isn't lightning quick on his feet...maybe there is time for him to transfer and play for Faber before second semester starts.
                            Why would he play for Faber?

Stutz has already proved that he can play in the Valley.

Comment

• As much flack as stutz gets here, he's probably going to be first team all-valley

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                                Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                Hate the fact that I have to go the the Bradley web site to find a box score.
                                Try ESPN. They get good box scores up very quickly. Eagle site has them, too.
                                Actually this was available a couple hours after the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X