No announcement yet.

WSU VERSUS ILLINOIS STATE PREDICTIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, if that's what he does, I expect one of our guys to be there keeping him company and writing him a ticket.

Make someone else beat you.

Comment

I hate picking against my Shocks, but I don't see how we can score 60 against a team like the Redbirds especially with a less than 100% MB, and I think they'll score (probably) at least 60 - just too many matchup problems for the Shocks right now.

Win or lose, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the other guys on the bench play. I know what players in substitution of MB will (or won't) do, and I would like to see a player or two that hasn't seen much if any game time get a shot to play some decent minutes - maybe even start him. No, I'm not the coach, it's just a wish list, kind of like having a 6-10 guy that can block shots, rebound, and shoot 3balls. :goshocks:

Comment

Seems like everyone is hopping on the ISU bandwagon after they beat Creighton and after the Shox lost 1 game in a row. ISU may have a few solid wins, but they've also lost to teams like Eastern Michigan. They are beatable. If MB can go, Shox win by 10. If MB can't go, Shox win by 4. This is the game that everything falls into place!
        "You can observe a lot just by watching."
        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Don't know what to think. Last night I watched the CU/ISU game. I noticed that ISU packs the lane until you start hitting the 3. With the way we have been shooting the 3, well -----. However, it is about time the lid came off that 3-point basket for us, and I really think we will do better Tuesday night. How much better depends on the mind set of those young men on the floor. If our woes with the 3 isn't enough, we NOW have to hold our collective breath when we step to the FT line. I can't remember a game when our FT shooting was as poor as it was in the Drake game. (If it's been in recent history, I'm purposely forgetting it.)

To state the obvious, we have to start scoring. Missing easy layups and not doing your job on the FT line is NOT the way to win. I've not given up on the Shocks and I don't intend to -- no matter what this season brings. I'll be there Tuesday night just like all other home games. (But I'm bringing my ear plugs because for the past two games I have had some WSU fair weather fans sitting two row behind me that delight in booing (at the top of their lungs) the refs and complaining and yelling about every call that goes against WSU.)

Comment

My money is on MB not playing.. for a while. And my bet is that we will struggle a lot more without him in the lineup. Illinois State definitely looks like a team that could be right there on championship Sunday in the valley. With or without MB, I don't think we have what it takes to win. My prediction:

ISU- 65
            WSU- 55

Comment

W/O MB - Not good at all
              W/ MB - A little bit better chance, but still not good

Redbirds win, I just hope it isn't a blowout.

Comment

With Matt and Ramon out...

71-56 ISU

Comment

Amending my prediction after the latest news:

73-59, Redbirds

I hope, hope, hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                    Amending my prediction after the latest news:

73-59, Redbirds

I hope, hope, hope I'm wrong.
                    Im just afraid it could be worse than a 14 or 15 point loss if we really come out flat. We play hard we should at least keep it respectable. If Matt and Ramon were playing I would still predict a loss but in the 5-8 point range.

Comment

It will be interesting seeing some of our "high expectation" players get more minutes. Maybe we see a breakout game from Ellis or Griskenas.

As we've seen from SIU-C over the years, UglyBall will keep games close regardless of the opponent so lets hope for disruptive defense from the Shocks!

P.S.

I would never publicly predict our team to lose.

T

...8)

Comment

Coach Marshall has been known to be able to hide weaknesses. These developments may be too much. However, here is my new starting line-up. I wonder how HCGM will spin and roll it?

1. GM--PG 2. PJ---SG 3. MG---SF 4. Durley--PF 5. PT--Center

Top subs----AE---WP-----whoever produces in practice from there. Walk ons will be welcomed with open arms if they bring game.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Gal-30 min
                          PJ-30 min
                          Phil-30 min
                          JT-20 min
                          Wendel-20 min
                          Aaron-20 min
                          Mantas-30 min
                          some of combo Hatch, Harris & Butler-20 min.....this with zero foul trouble

Comment

AB could really be a possibility. Bret Michael and Burley may get a look for some playing time. Graham Hatch? He can shoot. Lance Harris--a Senior.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Let me amend mine as well. This is gonna be really, really ugly. If they can slow it way down, perhaps a 15 point loss. If they can't control the pace, we're talking record blowout here.

Comment

With Clemente probably out we may finally see Butler get some action. I'd assume Durley starts. But Matt is the key. I don't think he'll play tomorrow and now I feel even worse than before about our chances. This one could be ugly. Hopefully we play good D and can keep it respectable. I'm afraid we're going to have too many TOs without Sparky running the point.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X