No announcement yet.

WSU VERSUS ILLINOIS STATE PREDICTIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously, predicting what kind of performance will we get out of this Shocker team from game to game is a crap shoot at best.

I don't have a clue on how Monday's contest will go. The Drake performance sure doesn't bode well, but then that's what most of us felt after the UTSA and UMKC games, before our solid games against LSU and UAB.

All I can say is :goshocks: and hope we can find the bottom of the net enough to be competitive.

Comment

Shocks will fight hard and the game will be up for grabs until the end when it will most likely be decided by a mistake.

If Matt B is really out though, all bets are off...
      Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
      Students > Alumni
      If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
      The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

We lose...perhaps badly....
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

For me it is pretty simple. WSU plays excellent defense so I think that will keep them in the game. So, if the players hit outside shots WSU wins. If they continue to give a new meaning to "put it in the deep freeze" they lose.

One more scenario: If MB is really hurt and can't play – it could get ugly.

Comment

What Maggie said... 8)
            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

With MB: 65-64 Shocks

Without MB: 69-60 Redbirds

Comment

RoyalShock-

Where is your Kool-Aid stand? I need some of the optimism you have. If Matt is out, I think we will lose by at least 20. If Matt is in, I think we will lose by 8.

Comment

As long as I think there is a 25% chance the Shocks could win, I'm picking them, kool-aid or not.

At home, I think there's almost always going to be a 25% chance of victory.

Comment

The only way they will keep MB off the floor would be Dr's orders. He has had too many head injuies as a Shocker and I hope he will be okay. His personal safety has to come first and I know it will. What a gritty and courageous leader we have in MB. This ILL. State game will be tough enough even if MB can play and is full-throttle.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                      Yes.

I do think we will do a decent job guarding Dyer. For the most part we have defended the other team's "dagger" pretty darned well so far this season.

I just feel they have too many offensive weapons for us to match up against for 40 minutes. And their guards are going to give us fits, as I said before.
                      Problem is, he's 6'11"! Watts(6'8") was flying at him all night when he shot. I was more impressed with Ill. St. than with any other Valley team I've seen this year.

Comment

We play better defense than CU.

No doubt he is a really good shooter and damned tough to defend but if we allow him more than 1 free look throughout the game I, along with the staff, will be extremely disappointed.

I do not anticipate that we will be "running out at him", I anticipate that someone will already be there.

Comment

I'm thinking Ellis gets this challenge...especially with the possibility of Matt being out, at least not playing the mins he normally does.

Comment

We play better defense than CU.

No doubt he is a really good shooter and damned tough to defend but if we allow him more than 1 free look throughout the game I, along with the staff, will be extremely disappointed.

I do not anticipate that we will be "running out at him", I anticipate that someone will already be there.

What caused the problem was the constant penetration by the guards.

Comment

There is little doubt that their guards are going to give us serious problems. I still expect our goal to be that we are not going to allow a kid that is killing people from the 3 to beat us. If Boo shoots 10 layups, so be it. We wouldn't beat them anyway.

Comment

There is little doubt that their guards are going to give us serious problems. I still expect our goal to be that we are not going to allow a kid that is killing people from the 3 to beat us. If Boo shoots 10 layups, so be it. We wouldn't beat them anyway.

He parks it in the corner until someone kicks it out ti him.

Comment

Working...
                                X