Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll say this much.

IF things stay on this trajectory, and DON'T continue with IB and get it wrong and are looking again in 3 years, we are gonna look like grade A donkeys.

Sometimes, the obvious choice is right in front of you. Lets not outsmart ourselves.

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

The basketball coach should not be hired based on race. They should be hired based on qualifications, merit, and potential for future success.

Based on lots of in-game coaching decisions, I don’t think he’s the right guy. These guys were taught defense under Marshall and there is enough offensive fire power on talent alone that they have made it to where they are now, by the skin of their teeth.

Still don’t have a signature win yet either.
      I guess you can take that excuse away now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
        For those who believe IB isn’t the answer I would like to know who is? Outside of Jans, who is realistically an option better than IB?
        I'm on the IB train now ... But the only option on my list left is Beilein. No idea if that's a realistic option. Matta might be up there too.

I just don't see Jans at this point. IB very well could end up AAC COY... The optics of not hiring him and hiring a coach that is under .500 in the WAC this year would be terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Rebuttal: 13-4, 9-2 AAC, first place in the AAC and highest ranked win in Koch arena since 1967.

Also, you didn't really make a point so there wasn't a need for a rebuttal
          Bubble team, best win is Ole Miss before today. Tough route to get in NCAA, yet today, for one day, were world beaters.

Why now? Why only up for the biggest game, and not all games?

amazing what some effort on the boards and avoiding hero ball will do to how a team looks. Why were we not doing this sooner?

Biggest question.... Why do we lose to SMU next trip out?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            I'll say this much.

IF things stay on this trajectory, and DON'T continue with IB and get it wrong and are looking again in 3 years, we are gonna look like grade A donkeys.

Sometimes, the obvious choice is right in front of you. Lets not outsmart ourselves.
            See Todd Butler vs Kevin Hooper

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              College coaches with the highest career W/L %. Anybody want to fill in the blank? I believe he's available to be hired.

1 - Mike Krzyzewski - 0.767
              2 - _______________ - 0.765
              3 - Jim Boeheim___ - 0.711
              4 - Bob Knight_____ - 0.709
              5 - Jim Calhoun___ - 0.694
              By this standard, Chris Jans would be .762. Maybe just missing a win??

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Bubble team, best win is Ole Miss before today. Tough route to get in NCAA, yet today, for one day, were world beaters.

Why now? Why only up for the biggest game, and not all games?

amazing what some effort on the boards and avoiding hero ball will do to how a team looks. Why were we not doing this sooner?

Biggest question.... Why do we lose to SMU next trip out?
                Cool let's go hire the guy that's 2-4 in the WAC

Comment

Don't take this wrong, but our past rebounding guru of a head coach (who I respect by the way) left the program having lost 6 straight to this team WSU played tonight, and by virtue of beating, is in sole possession of 1st place in the conference. How Soon Is Now?

Comment

Cool let's go hire the guy that's 2-4 in the WAC
                    You can continue to quote bad things this year about NMSU, without context. They don’t change facts. As bad as their record is this year, he is still equal to iHCIB win percentage overall at two different D1 programs. If not for COVID-19, it could be no doubter between them record wise.

What iHCIB has done this year is a testament to him. Not knocking him at all for doing what he has done. But how are his recruits doing?

Comment

I'm on the IB train now ... But the only option on my list left is Beilein. No idea if that's a realistic option. Matta might be up there too.

I just don't see Jans at this point. IB very well could end up AAC COY... The optics of not hiring him and hiring a coach that is under .500 in the WAC this year would be terrible.
                      oops
                      Last edited by shocktown; February 18, 2021, 09:44 PM.

Comment

• Really?

We just took out #6 Houston for the first time in 2+ years, gained sole possession of first place, solidified, for the moment, our spot in the NCAA tourney (to anyone not named dipshit Jody brackets), out rebounded one of the best rebounding teams in the country after struggling in that area all year, collected arguably the biggest win at Koch in 30 years...

And all you guys want to do is argue about the coach and use it as an opportunity to take shots at Marshall?

Really?

Comment

Beilein and or Matta would be good gets for sure, in lieu of IB (big if).

Comment

By this standard, Chris Jans would be .762. Maybe just missing a win??
                            I found a bad list. It said it was by percentage, but instead was based on total number of wins instead of %. The first frou spots just hap-pened to fall in % order..
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

You can continue to quote bad things this year about NMSU, without context. They don’t change facts. As bad as their record is this year, he is still equal to iHCIB win percentage overall at two different D1 programs. If not for COVID-19, it could be no doubter between them record wise.

What iHCIB has done this year is a testament to him. Not knocking him at all for doing what he has done. But how are his recruits doing?
                              His recruits? You mean all the players on the team that he was involved in recruiting? They are in first place in the AAC

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                                Really?

We just took out #6 Houston for the first time in 2+ years, gained sole possession of first place, solidified, for the moment, our spot in the NCAA tourney (to anyone not named dipshit Jody brackets), out rebounded one of the best rebounding teams in the country after struggling in that area all year, collected arguably the biggest win at Koch in 30 years...

And all you guys want to do is argue about the coach and use it as an opportunity to take shots at Marshall?

Really?
                                I’m still laughing at Jody Brackets....

Comment

Working...
                                X