Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

It is irrelevant whether there are people who have positive view of GGG.

The question is he an physically abusive coach? There are prominent players and coaches who could stand-up and shut this all down - but they are not.
    I agree - with the exception that what you find to be irrelevant may not be irrelevant to everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speak2me View Post
      Tuesday Cryptic Tidbits:

1. Another article out today about GM. This time talking with Winthrop players. What is most likely at this point: The allegations are true or the allegations are false?
      2. Ever notice how many of the big time coaches (Calipari, Pitino, Self, Pearl, Boeheim, Huggins etc). out there come with some issues?
      3. Sticking with #2, is there anybody (athletic department, players, other coaches, fans etc) unaware that these coaches have issues before hiring them? Yet they are always hired anyways. Why is that?
      4. Why is the law firm asking for positive stories about GM today? How could that be of value in any way?
      5. Does it appear that one person is being very unstable in their denials of involvement in this right now on the message boards? I wonder why.
      Doesn’t seem very cryptic to me. Seems pretty clear the way they are going. All we can hope for is transparency in the end at least.

Comment

• Allegations dating back 20 years. Seriously? If indeed this stuff has been going on that long, then WAY TOO many people made a big damn mistake OR we have a cover up team that would make the NSA proud. Both seem really unlikely, so I am thinking a whole lot of this is blown out of proportion. It just doesn't really add up.

If these abuse allegations happen to be true, there's a way to solve the problem preemptively to the university's advantage. Coach could be allowed to resign, apologize, and go take over Jans' contract at NMS. We bring Jans back home, give him a raise, and keep on kicking major arse.

Meanwhile Coach Marshall goes back to his roots in a nice cushy retirement job, coaching up the Lobos and the diamonds in the rough, and on his best behavior.

Meanwhile Jans keeps the train running on time here, and the Lobos don't have to worry about Jans' buyout and they get one of the best coaches to ever coach the college game on his best behavior. They both win tons of games and meet in the FINAL FOUR.

I mean that's if even any of these allegations are true. And to be honest, I grew up where the school principal could whoop my ass with a huge paddle he had hanging above his desk. And he did. And you know what? I deserved what I got.

So here's to everybody deservingly getting what's coming to em, one way or another.

But the above idea isn't a bad way for the University to make a win win win type situation by being proactive. IF any of this is true, and IF it warrants such extreme action.

Comment

• Notice there's a lot of ifs there?

And everybody needs to chill that Ron, Fred, Evan and others didn't say anything yet. Maybe it will come out they make a solid statement in conjunction? We just do not know.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockAzs View Post
            Allegations dating back 20 years. Seriously? If indeed this stuff has been going on that long, then WAY TOO many people made a big damn mistake OR we have a cover up team that would make the NSA proud. Both seem really unlikely, so I am thinking a whole lot of this is blown out of proportion. It just doesn't really add up.

If these abuse allegations happen to be true, there's a way to solve the problem preemptively to the university's advantage. Coach could be allowed to resign, apologize, and go take over Jans' contract at NMS. We bring Jans back home, give him a raise, and keep on kicking major arse.

Meanwhile Coach Marshall goes back to his roots in a nice cushy retirement job, coaching up the Lobos and the diamonds in the rough, and on his best behavior.

Meanwhile Jans keeps the train running on time here, and the Lobos don't have to worry about Jans' buyout and they get one of the best coaches to ever coach the college game on his best behavior. They both win tons of games and meet in the FINAL FOUR.

I mean that's if even any of these allegations are true. And to be honest, I grew up where the school principal could whoop my ass with a huge paddle he had hanging above his desk. And he did. And you know what? I deserved what I got.

So here's to everybody deservingly getting what's coming to em, one way or another.

But the above idea isn't a bad way for the University to make a win win win type situation by being proactive. IF any of this is true, and IF it warrants such extreme action.
            Aggies my friend

Comment

• I was hoping it was just a thing he had against Shaq being so lazy and tough to coach. Now I’m starting to think 3G is just a big asshole. As much as I like the winning he’s brought to WSU, he’s giving us a huge black eye. We’re bigger than one coach and can get through this. Also starting to question the real reason Dex left the team at semester last year. Kids shouldn’t have to put up with a guy that acts like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockAzs View Post
                Notice there's a lot of ifs there?

And everybody needs to chill that Ron, Fred, Evan and others didn't say anything yet. Maybe it will come out they make a solid statement in conjunction? We just do not know.
                maybe they don’t wanna be the nail in the coffin

Comment

• Maybe they spoke to the attorneys and don’t feel the need to chime in on social media
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                    Maybe they spoke to the attorneys and don’t feel the need to chime in on social media
                    I do not have any info... But it seems pretty obvious why they would not chime in...

1. They're a bit conflicted. Probably do not hate 3G, and think positively of him... but do not want to throw their teammates under the bus, either. Especially because it seems like some version of the events are somewhat true...

2. Absolutely nothing for them to gain if they do so... which ties right back into No. 1.

If this **** was 100% made up, I have a feeling they would talk.

If they thought 3G was a monster., I have a feeling they would talk.

As many people have pointed out... this is shades of gray, not black and white.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Aggies my friend
                      Ugh, thanks! My bad what a dumb mistake. I wish I knew how to insert a certain "Tommy Boy" Chris Farley gif.

Comment

• No matter how you look at all this, it really sucks. Sucks for the university, players, fans, Marshall. Everyone.

Comment

• Comment

The question is he an physically abusive coach? There are prominent players and coaches who could stand-up and shut this all down - but they are not.
                            And the answer is no!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

And the answer is no!
                              Are u Pat Hoskinson or James Miller?

Comment

Some are not publicly, but we don’t know wether they are privately. Seriously, who wants to participate in this circus through the media?

Comment

Working...
                                X