Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
    My thoughts without knowing her at all is Patty Beamer = Rosie O’Donnell
    If you watch the show Big Brother, Patty is Nicole with 30 years added on. Both psychotic nurses. Both desperate to be “influencers”. Both professional victims. Both passive-aggressive. Both cry, whine, and distort everything to manipulate people.

Comment

• All:

I haven't posted much since the meltdown loss to Houston. I thought I would stay away from the board for awhile for my own sanity, then CoVid hit, and honestly, Shocker basketball, for one of the few times, was one of the least important things in my life.

However, I have to make a few comments without going into the merits of the accusations, in which the truth lies in the abyss that is separating both sides.

First, did one happen to notice the commonality of the most of the players that have supported Gregg Marshall? All were Juco players who were either bypassed at the HS level due to grades or perceived lack of talent on their part. Guys with chips on their shoulders who only had two years in the program. Guys whose personality and odds match that of the coach. Nobody got their ass chewed more than Nick Wiggins as I can personally vouch for, but look who stood up for him yesterday. The personality of the players in this program is as every bit important as their talent level. Numerous players have spoke in his favor in private, but don't want the type of food fight Ty Taylor caused yesterday.

Secondly, I have heard some comparisons to Bobby Knight and Jody Adams scenarios. Knight did not get fired for choking Neil Reed, despite him denying it even though it was on tape. He was put on a zero tolerance policy and violated it when he got into with a student who popped off at him. Had he not flaunted the system, he may have coached at Indiana well into his seventies. As far as Jody, two things are worth noting....she was canned based on real time information that came out by specific players during the season who simply refused to play for her. It was also her second chance as if you remember, AD Sexton had a sit down with her a couple of years earlier based on complaints.

Going forward, I think HCGM survives this for two reasons-support of the community (of most significance, his former players and staff) and also, the inconsistent and, in one persons case, insane behavior of the people driving much of this. However, he has to change. He must find the right mix of assistants, recruit players who understand how their hard work and his opportunity to give them a chance can lead to prosperity, and most importantly, not go down the road of Bobby Knight where he (and his family) have to be baby sat by the AD and his staff. My thirty years in the military taught me that it's not about toughness, it's about purpose. If the behavior can somehow be connected to purposefulness, toughness takes care of itself. Making that connection and choosing the willing to be a part of the program can keep the train moving.

Do not read my prediction as inside baseball. i am just going with it based on my gut and observations over the last few days. I could be totally wrong.

Edit: This is also a disclaimer that more information from BOTH sides may come out that could affect my prediction.

Peace
      Last edited by shoxlax; October 11, 2020, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          All:

I haven't posted much since the meltdown loss to Houston. I thought I would stay away from the board for awhile for my own sanity, then CoVid hit, and honestly, Shocker basketball, for one of the few times, was one of the least important things in my life.

However, I have to make a few comments without going into the merits of the accusations, in which the truth lies in the abyss that is separating both sides.

First, did one happen to notice the commonality of the most of the players that have supported Gregg Marshall? All were Juco players who were either bypassed at the HS level due to grades or perceived lack of talent on their part. Guys with chips on their shoulders who only had two years in the program. Guys whose personality and odds match that of the coach. Nobody got their ass chewed more than Nick Wiggins as I can personally vouch for, but look who stood up for him yesterday. The personality of the players in this program is as every bit important as their talent level. Numerous players have spoke in his favor in private, but don't want the type of food fight Ty Taylor caused yesterday.

Secondly, I have heard some comparisons to Bobby Knight and Jody Adams scenarios. Knight did not get fired for choking Neil Reed, despite him denying it even though it was on tape. He was put on a zero tolerance policy and violated it when he got into with a student who popped off at him. Had he not flaunted the system, he may have coached at Indiana well into his seventies. As far as Jody, two things are worth noting....she was canned based on real time information that came out by specific players during the season who simply refused to play for her. It was also her second chance as if you remember, AD Sexton had a sit down with her a couple of years earlier based on complaints.

Going forward, I think HCGM survives this for two reasons-support of the community (of most significance, his former players and staff) and also, the inconsistent and, in one persons case, insane behavior of the people driving much of this. However, he has to change. He must find the right mix of assistants, recruit players who understand how their hard work and his opportunity to give them a chance can lead to prosperity, and most importantly, not go down the road of Bobby Knight where he (and his family) have to be baby sat by the AD and his staff. My thirty years in the military taught me that it's not about toughness, it's about purpose. If the behavior can somehow be connected to purposefulness, toughness takes care of itself. Making that connection and choosing the willing to be a part of the program can keep the train moving.

Do not read my prediction as inside baseball. i am just going with it based on my gut and observations over the last few days. I could be totally wrong.

Peace
          He needs to find the assistants that fit the culture, not ones with the best recruiting ties.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Wasn't there a very public mea culpa from GGG last April, right after the departure of 6 players?

Apparently Marshall's admission of regret wasn't enough to a certain group of people. That certain group was unhappy with the verdict and decided to act out, because that's what woke people do. That's how it appears anyway...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Most likely ******* just saw an opportunity when the poisoned team broke apart.
              Obviously.

You put it much more succinctly than I did. ******* obviously wants GGG gone. He's probably still holding a grudge from watching the Shocks beat down Arizona by 20 in '16.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                He needs to find the assistants that fit the culture, not ones with the best recruiting ties.
                I encountered this kind of culture we are all hearing about while I was in the army. Minus all the punching and the choking.. It really is a tough call of how this should be handled. I know when I ran across it in the army I didn't like being around it and when I was able to basically escape it I never really spoke of it. When these kind of things happen most people instinctively clam up and do whats best for them and the overall situation. People don't forget when things are seemingly made personal though

Comment

that seems to be where the shox diverged.. jans, g.h. and 3g were quite the hard nosed staff. they recruited the overlooked and disrespected. i'd rather see more tekele, wiggins, ant, hall, and van vleets than those who don't buy into the team concept and can't check he ego at the door.

having played sports as an adult had a "coach" pushing us, i responded completely differently based on the style. the coach that was easy on us didn't get my best output while the coach that told me that my effort was worthless got me to step it up. yes we were "verbally abused" but i knew what i was signing up for - honest evaluation. the hard ass coach got the best effort and as a result the best production.

after thinking about this for a day or two, this whole blowup could be what 3g needs to reset the culture and stick with what got him to $3.5mil a year and an informal lifetime contract.

Comment

• Interesting post from Eric Hamilton:

Official Statement formulated and signed by the athletes that attended Wichita State University from 2015-2019 coming soon. Anything else,(especially coming from those that were not there every day during those years), is irrelevant.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                        Interesting post from Eric Hamilton:

Official Statement formulated and signed by the athletes that attended Wichita State University from 2015-2019 coming soon. Anything else,(especially coming from those that were not there every day during those years), is irrelevant.
                        Interesting to see if the players that sign on this are only the transfers that would obviously have reasons to try and damage Marshall.

They can release all the "articles" they want. Wont mean anything to me until the official investigation completes
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Interesting to see if the players that sign on this are only the transfers that would obviously have reasons to try and damage Marshall.

They can release all the "articles" they want. Wont mean anything to me until the official investigation completes
                          Them signing their names up to it means a heck of lot more to me. Let's see what it actually says though.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                            This x 100
                            The Assman

Comment

came and went like HarryJohnson.

I was starting to like him. What did he post?
                              Nothing offensive

Comment

• This means no official decision until at least Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                                X