Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Gregg Marshall just retired. He's always been a smart dude, but this was a very slick exit. Not planned per se, but the ultimate example of making lemonade out of lemons.

Shaq will definitely be getting a Christmas card.
    I think in a way he also kind of gave Good-man a FU because I'm sure the ultimate goal of his was to get Marshall fired and ruin his career. Marshall was able to resign and walk away with a few million, which based on his twitter postings complaining about it, appears to have pissed off Good-man :)
    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• I'm showing my ignorance, but... applying for a job with ICAA. What exactly is the ICAA and what jobs were they worried about?

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
        I'm showing my ignorance, but... applying for a job with ICAA. What exactly is the ICAA and what jobs were they worried about?
        ICAA is the official legal name of WSU Athletics (Wichita State University-InterCollegiate Athletics Association).

As for the job things, it probably means nothing but just that since Gregg is getting paid for awhile from WSU, he can’t get another job from WSU (say, the AD job...nothing implied, just an example) and double-dip with multiple salaries.
        78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

I think in a way he also kind of gave Good-man a FU because I'm sure the ultimate goal of his was to get Marshall fired and ruin his career. Marshall was able to resign and walk away with a few million, which based on his twitter postings complaining about it, appears to have pissed off Good-man :)
          Yup! Marshall has always been the best troll. He needs to send ******* a Christmas card too including a photo of his bank account balances.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
            I'm showing my ignorance, but... applying for a job with ICAA. What exactly is the ICAA and what jobs were they worried about?
            Per Bloomberg - https://www.bloomberg.com/profile/company/7541892Z:US

Wichita State University Inter Collegiate Athletic Association Inc. operates as a non-profit organization. The Organization provides a wide range of sports competition for students.

Edited - I see WuShock16 beat me to it.

Comment

• That separation agreement is HEAVILY weighted with wording towards preventing any leaks of WSU information IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by HarryShlonghofer

The thing is. A lot of you are posting strikingly similar thoughts that are almost as inane as what I've put out there. I had hoped seeing viewpoints so ridiculous and offensive that it would wake up some of the crazy takes on here, but no, they just keep coming from many of you. Furthermore, I've had many ridiculous posts liked by users on here. How crazy.

It's been a good run, but I've done all I can do for now.

Sincerely,

Harryjohnson
                Harry.Johnson
                HarryJohnson.
                HaroldJohnston
                RonaldSwanson
                RonaldMcDonald
                LarryJohnson
                MiloPeterjohn
                HarryShlonghofer
                C0|dB|00ded
                The problem is nobody GAF what opposing fans think. Especially ones that only come out of mama’s basement when things start going south. It’s a terrible look and speaks volumes about the lifestyle you have and ultimately how sad it is. But you do you, Basement Bobby.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Section 12 has substantial detail how he must comply with any investigation by university, NCAA, American or ICAA. If he fails he will be in breach of contract. I expect this probably normal, but it does make me wonder if there is a NCAA investigation going on in light of what we know has been going on with shoe companies and that we know that Fred was taking money.
                  I don't think that we should necessarily imply that means and investigation is on going. They are probably just covering their bases so Marshall can be compelled to cooperate should any legal or NCAA issues arise.

Comment

• Taylor did talk to an attorney about the agreement.

Comment

• Someone needs to give Taylor a heads up about the payments. It's actually 156 payments totaling 7.5 million and a one-time 250K payment from the other agreement.

Comment

• Originally posted by giskard View Post

I don't think that we should necessarily imply that means and investigation is on going. They are probably just covering their bases so Marshall can be compelled to cooperate should any legal or NCAA issues arise.
                        I looked at Butler's agreement and he had some similar language in his, although he had a 4 year time limit on his. Also, it may just be standard stuff because things may be uncovered after a coach leaves.

Comment

• According to that agreement, Gregg can absolutely start work tomorrow, if he wants, as a sideline reporter for CBS at 5 million a month, and he still gets every penny of the agreement.

Comment

• Maybe he can do color while Goodmun does play by play

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                Maybe he can do color while Goodmun does play by play
                                Basketball game that turns into a MMA event - it would be epic.

Comment

Working...
                                X